Master Loot in Normal Mode by Unanimous Vote

Why is this not an option?

Presumably, it is to protect puggers from unscrupulous master looters. I imagine that, in the majority of Ops run, the only function it serves is to gate gear from the people who need it and give it to people who already have it.

Why can't master loot be enabled on a unanimous vote? This would protect the one player not in the guild running the Op and would allow guilds that fill out an Op to run master loot with the trust of their guildmates.

if this has been addressed on this forum with this solution, i have not seen it and I apologize for dredging up old news.

the only function it serves is to gate gear from the people who need it and give it to people who already have it..

Yep, happened to me again last night. I was in the middle of crafting some stuff when I noticed that there was an Normal Op looking for a dps for the past hour. I told them I'd go if they absolutely couldn't find anyone, but I don't need any gear and I wouldn't want to game to give me some that would be used on someone who actually needs it. They took me anyway, killed everything and healer Tionese Assault Cannon dropped off SOA. Of course I got it, already having 2 Rakata Assault Cannons, while there was an actual healing Commando in the group that could have used it. Terrible garbage system.