Merc - Rotation Query

ImperialSun

Hi guys

I've just hit level 43 on my merc and I'm after some feedback on my current rotation. This feels pretty much like it will still be my main rotation at level 50 but as above, Im after some pointers on how efficient you think it is right now:

TM-TM-TM-RS-HSM-UL-TM-TM-UL (if its procced and is ready for use again)

What do you guys think?

Driz

you got it all over the place and kinda in the wrong order, read my post at the bottom of this http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=304747&page=4 it'll explain it all

Right...

So your saying:

TM-TM-TM (to stack 5 x heat sig / 5 x tracer lock)

then RS-UL-HSM-TM-TM-UL (if procced and available)??

On the basis that UL is more heat efficient than HSM?

Driz

no thats not what im saying, arsenal mercs do not have a rotation where you can simply just cycle through a set of abilities because 1 cycle before it resets is VERY LONG

your basically constantly casting tracer missiles until a certain event happens. and the priority list is

Rail shot - if the target has 5 heat signatures and I have 5 tracer locks

Unload - if the target has 5 heat signatures, also use thermo override sensors if my heat is 24 or higher

Heat seeker missiles - if the target has 5 heat signatures

Tracer missiles

meaning if the conditions for that ability is not met, you go to the next ability, until you can cast something and then you restart the priority list. you might think this is a slow process but once you understand the conditions, it'll be second nature and thus run easily

for example a starting rotation is

3 tracer missiles to apply the 5 heat signatures, because you cant cast anything else until you have 5 heat signatures

now you'll cast unload since you only have 3 tracer locks and unload is the next ability.

now you'll cast heat seeker missiles.

now you'll cast 2 more tracer missiles cuz unload and HSM is on cooldown and this will bring tracer lock to 5 stacks

now you cast rail shot.

then you continue to cast tracer missile until either barrage procs to give you the ability to cast unload again. or until either one of the abilities finishes cooldown

as you can see there is no set rotation cuz barrage can proc at any moment and you'll have to insert your unload at that moment, theres no blind rotation where no matter the situation you can just continue to cycle through skills

Tm > tm > tm > hsm (this before unload to get it in rotation quicker) > unload > tm > tm > rs > then start using everything on cooldown while managing ur heat.

ive tested this out quite alot and though it does help quicken your rotation but it also increases heat generation by alot

ive tested this out quite alot and though it does help quicken your rotation but it also increases heat generation by alot

Thanks thats pretty much exactly what I am doing now...

I'll test out DarekenDragons method and see if this brings the benefits he describes around heat management.

Thanks for the help guys :)

Driz

i really dont understand if you have heatseaker you should be venting heat

assuming you have 30% crit or better?

*edit, had HS in where TM belonged, just a bit tarded and now fixed*

2xTM = 50heat - 18(fluting) - 8 (assumign you will crit one) - 15 (3 seconds of 5hps) = 9 heat

you need to hit rapid shots after 2 missles? even if you dont crit you are at 18 heat ... so assume 18 heat

unload = 16 heat - 15 (3 second cast) -8 (assuming a crit) + 18 (where you started) = 11

you are at 11 heat and you started at 18!!!! if you were at 9 heat when you hit unload you are at zero heat

rotation should be TM/TM/Unload/HS/TM/TM/TM/Rail ... but always hit unload when it is up... it is a heat vent with damage attached. if you crit one of the first TM's you can do TM/TM/TM/Unload/HS/TM/TM/Rail

I seriously hope that helps.

it really is not that hard... once you have heat under control then worry about edart or fusion...

that other link goes to a bunch of people talking garbage about alacrity... above i quote myself from another post, for HEAT EFFICIENCY, this is the way to go, it is not bursting dps, this is the 'long haul' priority with an opening rotation.

I am not lvl 50 yet, but i am trying this rotation that is recommended here and i do ******** of damage but after the first RS i am on 60-70 heat... To be able to cast that RS i have to press Vent heat or Thermal sensor override to manage to keep under 40 heat...Is that because my crit only are 24% or do you take small pauses in the cycle?

yup your crits are too low, your not getting that 8 vent per 3 seconds, and are you casting heat seeker missiles before unload? that could be the other problem.

also are you only using Tracer Missiles, Rail shot, Unload, and Heat seeker missiles? anything else is gonna cause you to overheat

I am not lvl 50 yet, but i am trying this rotation that is recommended here and i do ******** of damage but after the first RS i am on 60-70 heat... To be able to cast that RS i have to press Vent heat or Thermal sensor override to manage to keep under 40 heat...Is that because my crit only are 24% or do you take small pauses in the cycle?

i never pause, ever, so if you were refering to my rotation yes it is because your crit is about 10% lower than mine.

also my railshot is free with set pieces so that is a big difference as well

3 pce rakata, the rest columi for pve

Edited by Yazule

Atm i am only using TM and unload, ill get HSM on the next lvl :) Specced a bit in the other trees before maxing out arsenal... whanted that 16 extra heat on heat vent and critchanse.

I find it very hard to get up against 30% crit with gear below lvl 50, or mayby i am not alone with that problem...? On the other hand its really not any problem so far because everything is so easy anyway, i am just interrested to get as much input as possible to get ready to that long fights against big bosses later so i dont pick the wrong gear when starting to earn better gear. It takes so much time having to repick gear...

Edited by Dreamerii