Server population is dropping...

Miffy

Since I'm looking at swtor as a single player game with enhanced grouping features... I like it.

Don't know if and how bad the populations dropped, but the world still feels empty to me since launch. If it's the population or just the bad planet, travel, lfg designs.. I don't know what it is but it feels empty // for me !

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, because the same people who moderate the forums are doing the game development!

No they aren't but the developers not only watch these forums at times but a decent moderator would at least pass it along since it is obviously a big issue for some servers!

Next time pull your head out of your ***

people are slowly realizing that have done all of this end game before...and its actually more buggy, less balanced, and in need of alot of work. Don't get me wrong i more then got my moneys worth out of TOR but...saddly lack of innovation is really what killed it.

Case in point a game like say Tera...has HORRIBLE questing system but innovative combat will make me want to play it more sheerly because it is different in terms of way game is played. DCUO with all of its flaws are far more interesting then TOR simply because combat is far more interesting...

saddly i hoped story would end up being good enough to hold my attention and that, combat over all would be fun BUT at end of the day i cant force myself to even log in anymore. That does not mean TOR is bad but for many of us we just want something new and TOR didn't give us that.

Exactly how i feel on a lot of points. Its not a horrible game, but its nothing to write home about that's for sure.

Hell i stayed with LOTRO for almost 2years and was after being in the beta for over 7 months. (and i'm not a fantasy with elves and dwarves type...i just love the movies/lore)

I tested this for around 3months before launch...and i un-subbed before the sub date this month.

I just cant do it. I got to 50 last week....realized what a effed up jumble fack this game really is.

I to thought story was a good idea...but i feel this game shoves so much voice story down ur throat after leveling to max once *** would u want to listen to every dam side quest another 7 times? since that's our only option to the lack of end game content. (said via the devs)

Ya .... No.

want a refreshing change?

Check out Dominus.....or Maybe Archeage when it hits the Usa

I am no longer subjecting myself to this theme park gear driven garbage anymore.

There is no point in denying reality.

And this is the problem with many players in MMOs they want to deny reality until the very last minute. The longer people take to make noise and get servers consolidated the longer it will be before the game stabilizes and we an have healthy servers.

And this is the problem with many players in MMOs they want to deny reality until the very last minute. The longer people take to make noise and get servers consolidated the longer it will be before the game stabilizes and we an have healthy servers.

While this is true, i think the "game stabilizes and we have healthy servers" ship has already sailed, warhammer incoming....

I think the problem with many players is that they base their opinions off of anecdotal evidence or pure speculation.

A gentle reminder that it is incorrect to say, "population is growing/shrinking" when what you really mean to say is "subscriber base is growing/shrinking."

For instance, population levels at any point in time may be shrinking while active subscriber base is growing, and vice versa.

Active subscriber base is an operational number that is subject to robust Sarbanes-Oxley and SEC rules, and internal controls of a publicly listed company. Your personal expericnes (hearsay and conjecture) have absolutely no bearing on this. These numbers are fact, undisputed, and investors have bet millions of dollars on these numbers.

Population number is purely subjective and has only a tenative link to the active subscriber base. It is based on individual experiences on single planets at a single points in time. Yes, all things being equal (which is a huge assumption), population should correlate with subscriber base. However, a few examples of the many factors that could (and do) impact this:

1) As game gets "older" paying subscribers spend less time on the game as the honeymoon phase wears off

2) More people have hit level cap and only logon to do their dailies, and then do other things

3) More people are doing other things

4) People are frustrated and will wait for new content/bugs prior to playing again

5) As the global economy improves up/graduation for students nears, people have less time to play

6) Weather is getting nicer (springtime), so people spend less time indoors

7) Since it's no longer Xmas/New Years, people are no longer on holidays and have less time to play

8) People have rerolled on more populated servers rendering your stagnant server even less populated

Items 1-8 are consistent with both a perceived decreased population and a growing subscriber base. Items 1-8 are also consistent with both a decreased population and a decreasing subscriber base.

My point is, people are equivocating (look that word up in the dictionary) population numbers with subscription numbers. These are two completely different concepts.

The problem is, people are more comfortable claiming doom about population, because all previous attempts to troll subscription numbers (as mentioned, are subject to US federal laws, not to mention the laws of every single country EA does business in), have been debunked thoroughly and utterly.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=314565

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=300634

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=252542

All from my server "Tott Doneeta" Euro PVP Server. 1/2 of the Posts we have on the forums are cries for help because of population. People are quitting everyday, or atleast re-rolling somewhere else, it sucks playing the same people in Huttball over and over.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=314565

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=300634

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=252542

All from my server "Tott Doneeta" Euro PVP Server. 1/2 of the Posts we have on the forums are cries for help because of population. People are quitting everyday, or atleast re-rolling somewhere else, it sucks playing the same people in Huttball over and over.

Wow. Replying by linking to another thread. Very helpful.

Why is everyone worried about server population? I can log on my server run some quests, find groups and PvP without any issues or problems. Just play the game.

cause u r the minor players,

most of us r in low population server time zone ,

last night, someone LF HMs group for more than 5 hrs,

finally he gives up, re-roll on another server,

then cancel his sub.

Interesting, that slow decline would mirror what I've seen in game.

I guess they dont teach kids to read graphs in school anymore huh. Figures.

The only decline I see is a dropping trend of whinethreads and forum moaning. But maybe thats because Ive spent more time in the other forum divisions and not so much time on General.

No doubt numerous usual suspects will pipe up telling me I'm wrong, lying, mistaken, demand evidence, ect....doesn't matter. All that matters, since it's my money I'm spending, is MY game experience.

I have 2x 50s on a server that is quite often a ghost town. There have been times when I am literally the only person logged on. Between 7-8 AM, I almost invariably am the ONLY person on Illum. We have NEVER had a Lv 50 pvp que pop. What little pvp occurs, is by coordination between emp/repubs via peeps with toons on both sides who manage to get 6-10 toons per once a week or so. We can't even play Huttball. During the day, lucky if there's a dozen people on total. Peak time...maybe 100. Maybe. Guild numbers dropping, and I suspect most of the remaining are all alts of the same 25-30 people.

Rolled another toon on a high pop server. It's a different world...constant requests to group. People doing stuff. The AH is busy, making lots of credits. Still a buggy, jacked up, hash up of a game, but it's still got some fun in it.

But by doing so, I abandoned 2x 50's, geared, millions of credits, legacy, my friends and guild ect. I'm not happy about that. I'm not happy about having to re-roll, redo the same lame quests more or less, listen to the same lame voice overs. End of the day, it's still a single player game where you occasionally do stuff with other people.

Is it worth my money each month? Is it worth hanging around to see if all these features that should have been included in launch are ever implemented? I really haven't decided, but it's looking alot like many people have already voted with their feet. I really can't see myself staying more than another month or so, best case...

EDIT...they need to do realm consolidation is what I guess my point is. By not doing so, they're just making people unhappy who really want to like/play the game because they're stuck out in the hinterlands, all dressed up, with no one to play with. Those people, like me, will quit. The more people quit, the less money they're making, and the less likely they are to continue to update/support the game...ergo creating a downward self-feeding death spiral ala so many other failed games. Make the customers you got happy, and that's the best advertising you can get...

Edited by Smitar

Kind of like the people who banter on about their server being literally "dead" with less then 20 people in Fleet, but they can't provide the name of their server.

What's your point?

The max i usually see on IF is like 15-20 my server is Gauntlet of kreesh