Light/dark side points still ambiguos ugh

Darth_Solrac

Example. I'm in the Sith Academy, torturing Alif. I ask "what of Alif?" and THAT gave me light side points? I thought that would open the conversation up to more/worse ways to torture/kill em......instead I put em into a witness protection program. I got another 50 LS points next for choosing the wrong convo. option.

Now I'm 100/100 & neutral.......dang it. I need to find a orphanage or young acolyte somewhere to destroy quick on Korriban cuz this aint cutting it......

Edited by Darth_Solrac

Somewhere in the options, however... two tips:

- Simply don't care if you get LS or DS points, do what you think is right, the points don't matter at all and you end up screwing up your story because of 100 DS or LS points that you can farm in 5 mins once you hit 50 without any further impact but numbers.

- Press Escape to cancel any conversation, allowing you to redo it, if the tiny text ends up being something completely different (which it is 99% of the time like wheel says: "oh bunnies!", char says : "ROAR ME MURDA EVRY BUNNI ON THIZ PLANET *summon Lightning storm*).

Somewhere in the options, however... two tips:

- Simply don't care if you get LS or DS points, do what you think is right, the points don't matter at all and you end up screwing up your story because of 100 DS or LS points that you can farm in 5 mins once you hit 50 without any further impact but numbers.

- Press Escape to cancel any conversation, allowing you to redo it, if the tiny text ends up being something completely different (which it is 99% of the time like wheel says: "oh bunnies!", char says : "ROAR ME MURDA EVRY BUNNI ON THIZ PLANET *summon Lightning storm*).

LV 50? I'm an awfully long way away from that (LV 6 Inquisitor). So far the chance to earn em comes along only occasionally, so I wanna get them right. I get what you're saying, but still, I'm playing dark/Empire, my character should reflect that mostly I feel.

Thanks for those tips tho.

I'm 99% sure that the option to see if a dialog option is going to be Light or Dark is on by default. However, you have to HOVER over the option to see the icon (by default). I assume the OP was not using the mouse to select dialogs?

There is an option to turn that off or to make the alignment always show in the options menu.

I'm 99% sure that the option to see if a dialog option is going to be Light or Dark is on by default. However, you have to HOVER over the option to see the icon (by default). I assume the OP was not using the mouse to select dialogs?

There is an option to turn that off or to make the alignment always show in the options menu.

No never saw the light or dark icons. I don't think I turned that off, but whatever. Says next tier -1000.....so I'm hoping its genocide related cuz I wanna score epic DS points next chance I get to make up.

which it is 99% of the time like wheel says: "oh bunnies!", char says : "ROAR ME MURDA EVRY BUNNI ON THIZ PLANET *summon Lightning storm*.
I laughed because it's true.

Says next tier -1000..
Probably because you started with DS points; if you actually hit LS1, it would update correctly, I'm sure. Edited by Ansultares

I laughed because it's true.

Probably because you started with DS points; if you actually hit LS1, it would update correctly, I'm sure.

Hmm says I'm neutral tho. If I started out with DSP on top of those I already earned, I should still be dark slanted. Well, time to go find the next DSP farming opportunity. In KOTOR it was EASY to go full dark side quick....miss that.

Edited by Darth_Solrac

When you mouse over each of the three choices to a conversation, a symbol will show in the center of the circle to indicate that choice would give light or dark points (or nothing if it is not a dark/light choice).

That "show on mouseover" is the default selection in the interface options, I believe.

If it is not, you can set it that way. Then you will not be caught unaware by making a specific selection (unless you just don't pay attention to what you are doing).

Hmm says I'm neutral tho. If I started out with DSP on top of those I already earned, I should still be dark slanted. Well, time to go find the next DSP farming opportunity. In KOTOR it was EASY to go full dark side quick....miss that.

You need 1000 DS points in order to advance to Dark 1, 10000 for dark 5, which is max, and it will take you a very long time (going all dark side, doing every quest, maybe around 40 earliest). It doesn't effectively do anything for you besides Sith Corruption which makes your red skin turn into a weird light pink tone (granted, it IS scary to turn light pink though ;)).

You can always play evil, the actual number of points is not important... you are not more evil or get more evill options when advancing in DS levels.