The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Please DO NOT ROLL A TANK

stephenjohnp

Ok either this person needs to really try and learn threat mechanics in this game or he is trying (poorly) for troll of the year award.

But his other post just proves somethings to me. I mean delete is on one side and play is on the other. Not to mention that most people just do what I do and double click the toon and they are off on a space adventure.

But let's for one moment suspend a slight bit of disbelief on the hit the wrong button. You actually had to take the time to type in delete. I mean you manually hit the d-e-l-e-t-e keys and while doing this it never occured that you never had to type anything in at this point to play your character before or that you just typed in the word delete? Sorry but customer service in this case made a huge mistake in giving you back your characters. As far as I am concerned you had plenty of time to not hit that final button and understand what you did.

But coming here and telling us immortals to learn how to play our class because we suck at agro.... More like dps for all your groups was epic failure. If you are not a dps and you are a healer and you died you might also want to shift blame to dps or yourself. Tanks have hands full until the pulls are over. One may get away from us and we do not notice but have you ever yelled to get the groups notice? When I played healer if I took agro I stayed put I yelled to get the groups notice and prayed they paid attention while trying to still keep the tank standing.

First job of dps is nuke down the little nothings while we hold silver and gold agro. They go down fast but can still put out a ton of damage on us. Then you go after one yes one of the elites then the other. Healer should really only need to heal tank with a slight heal to dps from time to time for aoe damage they may take.

So to me a leap with a smash then tab hitting with higher threat abilities grabs the agro. Once I have it then it is not hard to keep it as long as people are not all zerglings and going each after their own target going full tilt on each of them. That is dps failure not tank failure. Healer not letting people know about agro on them is healer failure not tank failure.

So sounds to me it is learn your class or give blame where it belongs. Our job is the easy part. Get the agro keep the agro and pray the healer does not scream out of force or over heated.

You do one of two things. You either work as a team or you die as a team. It is hard to do both if you are doing things right.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, my main is sorcerer, and to be perfectly honest, jugg tank is the best to heal, its' the dps spamming aoe abilitites way to early, and complain that the tank is bad. As a healer, if i notice a dps blasting abilities too early, pullin aggro, i just don't heal them, then its my fault.