Why my lvl 14 Guardian is better then my lvl 50 champ gear Shadow

rgizzie

Wow...Just leveled up my Guardian far enough to get sprint and then entered PvP. Way better then my lvl 50 Shadow (infiltration spec) all champ gear.

1. I survive a lot longer with the guardian even with only 11K HP. I actually took out a lvl 43 BH last night 1v1. IT was the first fight that last more then a minute that I actually won. The shadow does great DPS for 10-15 seconds and then if they are not dead you are doomed. They blow their wad fast.

2. It is much smoother to play. The shadow feels clunky compared to the guardian. Guardian feel like a sports car. You press a bind and something happens. Shadow feels like it takes a while to get CS to start. (maybe because you have to build focus as a guardian and you are force to use you low lvl strike to build it up.)

3. Fear factor is a plus. People in pvp see me force leap on them and they really start to run. Knowing that I am probably a tank and won't die easy. A lot of people simply try to run or go to the next target. Everyone knows shadows are squishy so people look for shadows for easy kills. I always get ganged up on with my Shadow.

4. Damage output was surprisingly high. My Shadow I can avg around 175K-250K and match. (that is will stims, adrenals and relics used constantly. The high damage I got last night was 125K with 29 kills. (no stims, adrenals and of course no relics) That is pretty impressive for lvl 14 I think.

All in all I am loving the Guardian. I still like my Shadow but the Guardian feels more on an equal playing field the my shadow. I thought I just sucked before...lol

Anyone else notice a difference negative or positive between there toons?

I have a Sith Warrior and a Jedi Shadow.

I have to say, the Shadow seems more fluid.

In a good match I often only get like 100k damage done as a shadow (significantly more on most alts), but I can tell you, every point of that damage counted. If I were in constant combat I know I could pull higher numbers, but I decide to use my stealth as a defensive advantage most of the time, and when I AM offensive, it's usually alone and quick. Doesn't boost the numbers much.

I think it's a matter of personal preference. Shadows feel much more reliant on playing mind-games with your enemies, and I love that.

This is all I could focus on. Shadows are awesome. You're doing something wrong.

I knew someone would comment on that. But I am normally top 3 in damage with the shadow with 9-11 medals and a lot of object points to boot. I telling you try a Guardian and you will understand. The attacks seem to take longer on a shadow.

My main is a Guardian whom I love in PvP regardless of spec. I don't know if it's fair for me to make a comparison to my Shadow alt, because he's too low level to max out the spec the way I want it, but so far the Shadow class just seems underwhelming as a whole. Perhaps I just need to bring him to 50 to compare to the Guardian, but my Commando, Scoundrel and Sentinel alts are all more fun than that Shadow.

play a kinetic 31-0-10 shadow then see if you still think the jugg is better (me thinks you wont)

Been thinking about trying that spec. But I have all the champ stalker gear already. Could I still use that gear and be effective?

Wow...Just leveled up my Guardian far enough to get sprint and then entered PvP. Way better then my lvl 50 Shadow (infiltration spec) all champ gear.

1. I survive a lot longer with the guardian even with only 11K HP. I actually took out a lvl 43 BH last night 1v1. IT was the first fight that last more then a minute that I actually won. The shadow does great DPS for 10-15 seconds and then if they are not dead you are doomed. They blow their wad fast.

2. It is much smoother to play. The shadow feels clunky compared to the guardian. Guardian feel like a sports car. You press a bind and something happens. Shadow feels like it takes a while to get CS to start. (maybe because you have to build focus as a guardian and you are force to use you low lvl strike to build it up.)

3. Fear factor is a plus. People in pvp see me force leap on them and they really start to run. Knowing that I am probably a tank and won't die easy. A lot of people simply try to run or go to the next target. Everyone knows shadows are squishy so people look for shadows for easy kills. I always get ganged up on with my Shadow.

4. Damage output was surprisingly high. My Shadow I can avg around 175K-250K and match. (that is will stims, adrenals and relics used constantly. The high damage I got last night was 125K with 29 kills. (no stims, adrenals and of course no relics) That is pretty impressive for lvl 14 I think.

All in all I am loving the Guardian. I still like my Shadow but the Guardian feels more on an equal playing field the my shadow. I thought I just sucked before...lol

Do you know why you survive longer ?

Because at your level the boost gives you more defence values than with the same class 30 level higher.

You will notice this if you level up more, loosing more and more defence. Write down your current defence values and compare it later, you have the highest defence with lvl 10 with around 67% in defence stance as a Guardian/Juggernaut.

Edited by BobaFurz

Someone doesnt seem to know how bolster works.

Your effectiveness will continually drop off until the 30s, then in the 40s pick back up again.

When you hit 50 you'll go back to getting stomped. When you start to get pvp gear you'll do better.

Welcome to the bolster system.

Level 14 pwns lvl 40+ and makes it seem better then lvl 50 geared = Bolster.

Below level 20 you get massive stat increases from bolster, its so bad(if you are higher level) that you can get 2-3 shotted by snipers between 14 and 18 wich kinda sucks :p

Once you get over 20 you will see a change, you start to hit less harder and survivability drops.

The higher you get the more skill comes into play. Sadly no matter how skilled you are you can still get your butt handed to you by a lvl 10-18 just because of bolster.

seriously, what?

250k with relics+adrenal constantly used?, in full champion gear? what?

on alderaan maybe...

and i lolled at "shadow easy kill" blahblah cos 85% of ppl run from me like a chicken as soon as i pop them or simply insta vanish cos they know their end is near. only class that is hard to kill in 1on1 is PT/vanguard. everything and everyone else is just food.

seriously u have to be doing something wrong.

Been thinking about trying that spec. But I have all the champ stalker gear already. Could I still use that gear and be effective?

Do the 31/0/10 spec! It is so good! Also as for the gear, most theorycrafters (and from my experience) recommend stalker gear so you are set. It will take some getting used to at first but I think you will like it much better than the guardian.

Let me give you some highlights:

-average 170k + damage a game and around 210k+ with a good healer

-40 kills a game on average

-70k protection

-4-5 deaths at most

-18-20k hps

-an aoe snare that can do 1k+ damage and debuff's damage by 5%

-an aoe damage that debuffs chance to hit by 5%

-aoe taunt that debuffs people who are not hitting you's damage by 30%

-a knock down outside of stealth and it's every 20 sec (if you get two pieces of survivor armor, just pull stalker mods and put them in survivor armor

-a pull that brings your prey too you

-when you use force sprint it removes all movement impairing effects every 20 sec!

-a 3 second resist tech and force by 100%

-3 self heals: combat techniques on hit chance to heal self every 4.5 sec, battle readiness heals 10% of total health and harness shadows with telekinetic throw

-100% crit chance with project after a particle acceleration, which can do 6k damage! (with stims, adrenals, relics, expertise pots etc.)

-a huge increase in defenses and survivability with combat stance

-guard, stealth and vanish

This is just off the top of my head. Shadows specced in 31/0/10 are amazing! I am just an average Shadow, so if you are good you could do a lot more damage than me (I've seen 250K - 325K Claims). If you go to the Shadow Forums and check out Powerr's Tanking guide he is much better than me.

Edited by Crazybobo

I can deal with this since i pound face=)

Would it have killed Bioware to add a little flash to the class? I mean seriously, it's a JEDI (or sith). Darth Maul didn't just stand there and do the novice-level attack over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

50 Sage

42 Merc

41 Shadow

TBH, I'm better than average on all three of them. I actually put the BH on the shelf b/c the Shadow is so much fun to play. You're kind of comparing apples to oranges when you compare pre-50 to endgame pvp. So I can't say with authority what will happen when I hit 50 with the others. But, I think it comes down to the player. If you're good, you'll figure out what niche the class is supposed to excel in & adapt.