A way to fix snipers

Labradoraki

Since snipers are pretty much the squishiest class ingame and their damage is quite weak since their damage is migated by armor....

So i found out what is the best solution fo rhis problem

increase the range of sniper attacks to 40 or 45m

and make casted skills ignore los if the casting has already started when the target is visible...

this wont buff their weak damage due to armor migation but will buff their survability and help them kill people that hide the last second to los

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa, wait.... Aren't you supposed to be crying for a nerf for something? Isn't that your thing? Oh hang on... I suppose there will be 4 more posts popping up from you in the next 10 minutes, I'm sure they will be there, nvm...

well only juggernaut, marauder, mercenary, assassin, healers need a nerf, the rest need a buff

Ha, what? As a rage Jugg, snipers are about the only class I can't kill if they know what they're doing.

Cover = interrupt and charge immune. I can't use my gap closer. Cover pulse = me knocked back + the root if you spec'd right. Then once I'm unrooted, I must walk slowly back to you because again, I can't charge. By this point, if I'm not close to dead, you're doing something wrong.

Ha, what? As a rage Jugg, snipers are about the only class I can't kill if they know what they're doing.

Cover = interrupt and charge immune. I can't use my gap closer. Cover pulse = me knocked back + the root if you spec'd right. Then once I'm unrooted, I must walk slowly back to you because again, I can't charge. By this point, if I'm not close to dead, you're doing something wrong.

Indeed.

The only class i say: "**** :(("

Edited by LexiCazam
Avoiding the filter

squishiest class in the game? you have range and medium armor with a cover mechanic. try being infiltration spec shadow/sin.

Not being able to los your shots would be retarded since you can 4 shot a shadow/sin at range.

Edited by gryhmr

I only have a low level Sniper, level 18, but line of sight can really blow. I was playing in one WZ and I was getting LoS a lot. Very frustrating. So I decided to level another alt :-). But they also have some great advantages. But man, all my heavy hitters were long cast times. One time a guy was playing Peek-a-boo with me. He was behind a pillar and he knew I was loading up my shot and at the perfect time, back behind the Pillar :-).

Give them another 3 knochbaks 3 stunds, and make them take 70% of your health in 2 seconds instead of 3.

hahaha what nice lies..... we have 1 knockback, 1 MELEE STUN!!! 1 weak flashbang that is only useful for interrupt and thats it.... omg we have so many.... and we are the squishiest class in game and we should have those.... oh yes we also have a root as a sniper class omg

totally overpowered..... l2p plz

I would vote for a 'click' power that increases range temporarily, with a minute cool down.

Channeled powers working after losing LOS? No way, that WOULD make snipers overpowered.

OP - you have OTHER attacks 'besides' you're channeled ones.... just an FYI.

You could always try moving out of cover, and back into cover for an 'instant' snipe, if you've spec'd it. Again... just an FYI.

You can then use 'Follow Through'. LOS problems solved.

I would vote for a 'click' power that increases range temporarily, with a minute cool down.

Channeled powers working after losing LOS? No way, that WOULD make snipers overpowered.

OP - you have OTHER attacks 'besides' you're channeled ones.... just an FYI.

You could always try moving out of cover, and back into cover for an 'instant' snipe, if you've spec'd it. Again... just an FYI.

You can then use 'Follow Through'. LOS problems solved.

no, you dont have a speed boost to run halfway to battlefield to hit the target that by that time has already full health, sorry los is the main problem of sniper and needs to be fixed

squishiest class in the game? you have range and medium armor with a cover mechanic. try being infiltration spec shadow/sin.

Not being able to los your shots would be retarded since you can 4 shot a shadow/sin at range.

Obviously you have no clue how much the cover mechanic works. It helps more or less only...against other snipers. Now isn't that ironic? Of course this excludes the few times you find a good hard cover place

And juggernauts complaining about snipers? Seriously? Marksman snipers have the most problems against heavy armour wearing targets. Against tanks it is even worse because marksman is one of the few spec in the game where the shot has a.) to hit and b.) penetrate ALL available defense in-game (yes, shield chances, too) - that's why usually the squishy gets targeted.

Wow, just wow.

Edited by Desgarden

hahaha what nice lies..... we have 1 knockback, 1 MELEE STUN!!! 1 weak flashbang that is only useful for interrupt and thats it.... omg we have so many.... and we are the squishiest class in game and we should have those.... oh yes we also have a root as a sniper class omg

totally overpowered..... l2p plz

Actually dps spec Assassin is more squishy, even with shield, just sayin'

A few ideas:

Either half the cast and cool down times of ambush or significantly raise the damage and defense penetration on it

Slightly lower cast time of snipe ( this Is sometimes instant but not always)

Allow series of shots to be used outside of cover (as well as in of course)

Fix cover pulse (fails me about 50% of the time) and give it a longer root

Fix entrench I shouldnt be able to be knocked back with it up

Give us stealth detection either in passive talent or activatable skill

Increase damage mitigation of cover

Increase range to 45m

Stop trying to walk to them would be a good bet. Getting a friend would be another. Using LoS.

Are you actually arguing that running away from them, thus ending the fight, or asking someone else to kill them for you is a method of killing snipers as a warrior?

Hilarious. The point made was that there's little warriors can do on their own to attack them if the sniper/gunslinger knows what they're doing and you've just supported their argument.

A true strategy is to get close enough without them noticing (not easy for good snipers) for force choke/stasis, snare them (prevents them from using cover for the duration) and then wearing them down before it goes away or re-applying the snare if an opportunity arises.

If they have you in your sights at the edge of a raised platform in the distance, retreat is the only viable option, however. They are the paper to our rock in those circumstances.

Are you actually arguing that running away from them, thus ending the fight, or asking someone else to kill them for you is a method of killing snipers as a warrior?

Hilarious. The point made was that there's little warriors can do on their own to attack them if the sniper/gunslinger knows what they're doing and you've just supported their argument.

A true strategy is to get close enough without them noticing (not easy for good snipers) for force choke/stasis, snare them (prevents them from using cover for the duration) and then wearing them down before it goes away or re-applying the snare if an opportunity arises.

If they have you in your sights at the edge of a raised platform in the distance, retreat is the only viable option, however. They are the paper to our rock in those circumstances.

Your rock has an annoying way of not taking damage....:D

I dont think, as a gunslinger, our class is broken but its harder then most to play... Maybe a range increase would be nice..