Zyanzor

Name an mmo feature it lacks that wow has

Combat log

Customizable UI

Macro support

Addon support

Dual specs

Functional LFG tool

I could keep going, but I think this covers some of the biggest deficiencies.

And dont say LFG tool because thats a load of bollox infact it makes it more of an mmo not having one since you have to build relationships with PEOPLE

Standing in the Fleet trying to get a group is boring. They have a LFG tool for Warzones, they should have it for PvE content too.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually i do becouse it has everything and i mean EVERYTHING any other MMO has

so bring it

- No day/night cycle

- No combat log

- No UI customization

- No swimming

- No post-creation character customization

- No appearance tab/outfit system

- No environmental interaction (chairs, walls, doors, etc...)

- No faction change

- No in game events

- No Macros

That's just off the top of my head. You don't want to get into a features argument comparing the two, because quite frankly WoW currently has more - let alone compare to other MMO's out there.

Now, you can argue that Bioware hasn't had the development time that Blizzard has and that is why they are missing features, but you certainly don't want to claim that Bioware has everything.

Edited by Frostvein

Actually i do becouse it has everything and i mean EVERYTHING any other MMO has

so bring it

Oh you poor, poor biodrone. This game is lacking a huge number of features that are in many other subscription based MMOs.

At this point, a small company like Trion Worlds has built a more stable and feature rich MMO than Bioware. That's sad when you consider the resources and IP available to each company.

At this point, a small company like Trion Worlds has built a more stable and feature rich MMO than Bioware. That's sad when you consider the resources and IP available to each company.

Too bad the game is boring. But you are free to play Rift, what are you doing here?

Combat log - Nothing to do with been an MMO or not its just information

Customizable UI - Dosnt stop you from raiding/grouping/pvping

Macro support - Raids have been cleared without them hergo you dont NEED them

Addon support - See above

Dual specs - You can respec at any time and again nothing to do with been an MMO

Functional LFG tool - Its functional but basic and not a lot of people use it but i fail to see why this suddenly means you must stop finding a group by other means including SPEAKING TO OTHER HUMANS

I could keep going, but I think this covers some of the biggest deficiencies. - No please i need more becouse the above is ********

Standing in the Fleet trying to get a group is boring. They have a LFG tool for Warzones, they should have it for PvE content too. - Quality of life nothing stopping you grouping in other ways again dosnt suddenly mean your the only one in game becouse you need to make a little effort to group and build relationships

Added comments above

Edited by Mercia

You can't make a statement like "This game has everything I mean everything any other MMO has" and then subsequently rule out everything that is brought up, because you specifically asked what it didn't have.

You can say the game is playable without them, but that doesn't change the fact that they aren't there.

Too bad the game is boring. But you are free to play Rift, what are you doing here?

I'm trying to make SWTOR better. When I get bored with constantly re-rolling alts to see the stories, I want this game to have something to keep my attention.

Instead of telling me to go play another game, look at my criticisms and respond to what I'm saying rather than the fact I am mentioning another game. It is sad that Bioware had so many resources and released a game with less features than Rift at launch. I want the Bioware story telling with better features.

The argument is MMO features

You cant give 1 MMO feature that dosnt exist here that does else where

If you want to call them quality of life improvments that have nothing to do with been an MMO fair enough

But these features are all SINGLE PLAYER quality of life improvements

yes a LFG tool is multi player but its only intended purpose is to make a single player have an easier time to group which is ANTI MMO

You can't make a statement like "This game has everything I mean everything any other MMO has" and then subsequently rule out everything that is brought up, because you specifically asked what it didn't have.

You can say the game is playable without them, but that doesn't change the fact that they aren't there.

Yeah, I mean there are features already in that we dont necessarily NEED to win, but are nice to have. for example a Auction house. we dont NEED one, but its sure nice feature.

Another missing feature, guild banks.

I can because you bring nothing to bring to the table that cant be countered

...what

Ok, you have to be trolling. A combat log is a feature. Bioware doesn't have one. That is a missing feature. It doesn't exist.

But what does a combat log have to do with an MMO or to put it another way what does not having one make this game less of an MMO ?

It DOSNT

Edited by Mercia

Added comments above

You're missing the point. Get your head out of the sand and start thinking.

You asked what features are missing. I listed some. Whether you like them or they impact your personal gaming is irrelevant; they are still features. For any of those features I mentioned, please explain how they would negatively impact your gaming experience.

Wasn't the topic for Professional SWTOR reviews, good or bad?

Start another thread for features.

For what point?

You want links to posts from companies that may or may not be paid by EA and other software publishers that review a game in which most if not all of the reviewers didn't even get to the endgame?

You're missing the point. Get your head out of the sand and start thinking.

You asked what features are missing. I listed some. Whether you like them or they impact your personal gaming is irrelevant; they are still features. For any of those features I mentioned, please explain how they would negatively impact your gaming experience.

MMO FEATURES

not general game features that are part of a single players experiance

Now can you get your head out the sand?

MMO FEATURES

MMO FEATURES

MMO FEATURES

MMO FEATURES

MMO FEATURES

It means features that matter to the MMO aspect of the game

Go play rift if you want to see what a real MMO is like for anyone to say this game has standard MMO features has never played another MMO besides this one or they haven't played one since 2004. So you fanboys can troll all you want but denying the obvious is just plain silly.

But what does a combat log have to do with an MMO or to put it another way what does not having one make this game less of an MMO ?

It DOSNT

Because some people like to dissect their damage, chose different specs based around the combat log and what it does. So yeah, its a feature to some people that love to min max.

It DOSNT

I agree. So much of the bile vented in this forum is the equivalent of buying a car, and then raging because the competitor's comes with heated seats standard, and the one you purchased doesn't.

I would write a review of my experience with this game, but then I realise it's only going to be a waste of time. Even though I would mention both positive and negative points, the fanboys would only read the negative ones and nerd rage over it. Or just go tl;dr.

This game for me... is the worst experience I have had in all my gaming life. The game itself is pretty average... 7/10 at most. The community is a 1/10, or 0/10 if you allow me. They don't take any criticizm and that may be one of the reasons why everything in this game is so broken. Bioware probably doesn't even know about any of the problems because fanboys deny it.