Is it worth carrying on with Op healer?

willyshoot

Ok, main healed BT HM last night so I'm going to backtrack a bit on what I'd said previously. This was our first HM as a guild with "the right" make up--jugg tank, op healer, assassin dps, and an op dps. We had failed it multiple times on separate occasions trying to go in with an assassin tank/healing op/assassin dps/op dps, as well as an assassin tank and two mercs. With one merc heal spec'd, we were able to keep the assassin tank alive, but couldn't beat the rage timer. Working as intended, lol.

Bottom line is that I can't keep an assassin tank-spec alive in HM as an op yet, but I can keep a jugg up farily reliably.

Also found out how important it is to work a little dps into the mix. We only managed to beat the rage timer on the final boss, every other fight we were finishing off the last bit with all our shields rolling while the bosses were in stomp mode. You might not think it's the case, but keeping dart on them in a close fight will mean the difference between finishing the boss while he's raged or getting finished by the boss on rage.

We still have a bit to go to get it down to cake farming, and we all could use some slightly better gear (the jugg just dinged 50 this week), but we are viable end-game healers. You just have to be sporting some fancy gear, work you *** off, hit Surgical Probe every time it's ready, and use your poison dart judiciously.

It's a stupid amount of effort/management for some fairly mediocre heals, but that's what we're stuck with atm. You can make it work if a keyboard turning mouse-clicker like me can :D

Assassin tank you're with = bad/ Dont know *** to do with gear and/or talents

Assassin tanks IMO are the best tanks in the game.

You operative healer dont know *** to do with gear/ talents/ the nitch of healing

bad/newb tank+ bad/newb operative= QQ healing so hard.

Op Healing benefits:

*Outrageous Crit chance

*4 Instant cast heals

*Multiple stuns

*Stealth abilities(stealth screen is an imediate aggro dump)

*Movement speed increase through evasion buff (if talented: this allows you to **** of the way and avoid dmg at the same time)

Were we lack in energy regen we make up for in things other classes just cant do. lastly id like to add 12s aoe heals!

Sorry, no one is buying that you actually play this class, at least not as a healer.

"Outrageous Crit chance"?

The only talent we have that ups our healing crit chance is on Diagnostic Scan. Unless you're talking about our class buff?... Lol.

"4 Instant cast heals"?

Damn, my Op must be bugged, cuz I only count 3. Two of which are HoTs that don't actually produce any instant healing, and the third requires our secondary resource and does rather pitiable amounts of healing unless it crits.

"Multiple Stuns"?

Not really. We have the same amount of CC as every other class for the most part... Except we're the only healer with all of that CC at <10m range.

The rest is not a benefit of healing, it's a benefit of being a paperweight. Every second you're stealthed or moving, you aren't healing for ****.

A lot of this comes down to skill at the end of the day and a lot of the time you just need to get a little clued up on what works and what doesn't. I'm happy to assist anyone that may want some help. Just send me a PM.

The only people who say that are the ones who haven't tried another healer at the same level. My sorc can do things while half asleep that make my operative scream, curse and rage. My operative needs the group to know what it's doing. My sorc can carry morons through the whole flashpoint.

The thing that people always seem to overlook when talking about operative healers is that they aren't worse healers, they are simply just HARDER TO PLAY. You can heal hard mode and nightmare operations just fine, but it takes a LOT of practice and fine tuning with your talent tree, and spatial awareness in boss fights.

Again, untrue. It doesn't matter how well you play your operative. You'll never match the healing throughput and group utility a sorc can do.

Edited by Caelrie