Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

(suggestion) Cross faction posting & expensive posting

Lindraskada

So, i was thinking about this, as i have both sides on one server, due to not wanting to redo Legacy if and when it comes in.

Currently :

Take a pair of shoes. Put on Nar Shadaa GTN for X amount. Purchase with alt on other side. Can use that to transfer money, or indeed, items.

What i was thinking is ;

you cannot post to the other side, it does check for this , as if you try to do it, it says "you cannot post to opposite faction", not "player does not exist"

so!

i post from Imp1 to Imp2, it costs 500credits

i want to post from Imp1 to Rep1, it costs 10k credits, which you can write off as a "smuggling charge" or whatever, to legitimize it.

So you end up being able to swap things with other side alts, but at a reasonable cost.. not prohibitive, but certainly not meaningless like the current postal costs.

any thoughts ?

Nar Shaddaa GTN is cross faction.

It is inconvenient and rarely used by people outside of the Nar Shadaa leveling range. All of the GTNs in game should be cross faction. That would really help the economy on worlds with heavy faction imbalances.

It is inconvenient and rarely used by people outside of the Nar Shadaa leveling range. All of the GTNs in game should be cross faction. That would really help the economy on worlds with heavy faction imbalances.

I agree that it's not very useful right now, but at least it makes it easier to pass items across factions without being ninja'd.

Yes they are Galactic Trade Networks, but they are faction based. Just because its labeled Galactic doesn't mean Cross-Faction. Thats why theres the black market in Nar Shaddaa, the Hutt Trade Cartel. The Hutts are willing to work with both Republic and Imperial, whereas Republic wouldn't sell anything to Imperial and vice versa. Yes, its not in a convienient spot, but come on, its an illegal black market where you can sell supplies to the enemy, it shouldn't be easy to get to.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.