I hit Battlemaster last night! 0/5 on bags so far... Is that good?

Kentontudor

9/27 here for 33% BM Commendation rate. I was 2/2 on two separate days of my dailies so 4 out of my 9 I got in 2 days which is obviously extremely lucky.

It's all RNG. There is nothing else to it. Some of my guildies have been Battlemasters for weeks and only have one piece while I just got my fourth.

To be honest, you guys need to stop putting so much attention on trying to get your Battlemaster gear as soon as possible. The difference between Champion gear and Battlemaster gear is very small. You only get about 4 more Expertise per piece and anywhere between 3-6 more Endurance/Primary Stat. The only piece that's worth getting right away that makes a difference is your Main Hand Weapon. And the itemization for the majority of each classes BM gear is downright awful and are full of Accuracy/Alacrity mods so you're basically forced to use your level 56 mods from Champion gear.

If a bad player that is very lucky and gets his BM gear quickly, he won't suddenly turn into a PvP god. He'll still be a bad player. Skill is what separates a good player from a bad one, not gear.

Edited by copasetic

9/27 here for 33% BM Commendation rate. I was 2/2 on two separate days of my dailies so 4 out of my 9 I got in 2 days which is obviously extremely lucky.

It's all RNG. There is nothing else to it. Some of my guildies have been Battlemasters for weeks and only have one piece while I just got my third.

To be honest, you guys need to stop putting so much attention on trying to get your Battlemaster gear as soon as possible. The difference between Champion gear and Battlemaster gear is very small. You only get about 4 more Expertise per piece and anywhere between 3-6 more Endurance/Primary Stat. The only piece that's worth getting right away that makes a difference is your Main Hand Weapon.

If a bad player that is very lucky and gets his BM gear quickly, he won't suddenly turn into a PvP god. He'll still be a bad player. Skill is what separates a good player from a bad one, not gear.

I completely agree. There definitely needs to be a buff for BM gear if it's going to be this hard to get it... All the PvP grinding isn't worth the minor attribute gains. It's still nice to have it though :)

maybe you peeps don't realize this is the same system we had b4 champ commendations. its a luck based bag system once again. i knew a guy that got all his gear in 2 days with his champ bags. so its stands to reason the same can be done with BM bags. if it wasnt broke b4 why fix it now lol

maybe you peeps don't realize this is the same system we had b4 champ commendations. its a luck based bag system once again. i knew a guy that got all his gear in 2 days with his champ bags. so its stands to reason the same can be done with BM bags. if it wasnt broke b4 why fix it now lol

It was broke. That's why they fixed it.

Normalized progression > RNG. It's science.

If you only play pvp to get bm gear you really shoudl quit the game. I do pvp to have fun and if I get tokens it's a bonus. I love the pvp so that's why I do it and If I don't get fast epics I don't and it's ok. CHamp gear is more than competative gear for pvp.

This system of earning pvp gear is pretty bad coz it isnt reward of ur pvp skill and what time u re giving to pvp but only of ur luck. I was have full centurion gear with 1 champion item and canot drop more tokens coz it have only 35% ? but this is nvm 4 weeks i dont seen any token and then they changed at champ loot system and all champion gear i was buyed by comendation not by tokens , about bm i am not telling 2 weeks of bm every day doing weekly / daily a much more pvp with my group and have one bm comendation so by this way only luckers can get gear not that ppl who aprove it . But gear isnt all thats why i dont merely care

Sory about my english :)

If you only play pvp to get bm gear you really shoudl quit the game. I do pvp to have fun and if I get tokens it's a bonus. I love the pvp so that's why I do it and If I don't get fast epics I don't and it's ok. CHamp gear is more than competative gear for pvp.

A few hundred hours of huttball later, you get kind of burnt out on warzones and need something to keep you going. One Battlemaster item per week with normalized progression isn't asking too much.

Edited by alement

A few hundred hours of huttball later, you get kind of burnt out on warzones and need something to keep you going. One Battlemaster item per week with normalized progression isn't asking too much.

Agreed.

You can love the PvP (which I do enjoy it) and still get sick of it after hours upon hours of not being rewarded.

Yep, it's freaking stupid. RNG for a 1-man personal grind is baaaaad. Here's my solution...

Items cost 4x the BM tokens they do now. Every BM bag drops a token.

PROBLEM SOLVED! THAT WAS HARD, BIOWARE!

EDIT: If Bioware has such a freaking hard-on for RNG to be part of their PvP(which is beyond *********** stupid), make the RNG portion of it have a chance to drop an extra BM token. So bad.

Edited by Sevvy

Why do everyone care about Battlemaster gear? It's only slightly better than Champion. It only requires a couple tokens so if you get two, you can purchase something already unlike Champion gear which requires 60-70 tokens.

You reached Battlemaster... now just enjoy PVP casually... and eventually you will get your tokens...

System is fine... if you guys getting caught up with this, I am not sure what to say.

If you geared out all your companions with Champion Gear Already, I don't know what to say lol.

13/69...If I could find BW's characters in game, I would campe then 24/7...I would say this is the worst MMO loot system I have ever seen, but to err on the safe side, I will say second worst.

And yes, I know about statistics and probability, blah blah blah. My major is not in stats, but I took the courses for my BSc. It still doesn't change the fact that the BM bag system was designed by a mouthbreather.

Why do everyone care about Battlemaster gear? It's only slightly better than Champion. It only requires a couple tokens so if you get two, you can purchase something already unlike Champion gear which requires 60-70 tokens.

You reached Battlemaster... now just enjoy PVP casually... and eventually you will get your tokens...

System is fine... if you guys getting caught up with this, I am not sure what to say.

If you geared out all your companions with Champion Gear Already, I don't know what to say lol.

But other people have BM, and it makes my epeen seem small.