Heres the TRUTH about operatives(video)

Labradoraki

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they seem pretty balanced to me now...even on that video...dont know what you are really trying to achieve showing this video(buff?)....other than than that mez thing, everything seemed pretty balanced

Yes, now that operative doesnt pose any thread due to the horrible damage reduction they are balanced.... i guess if they nerfed every class expect mine the others would seem balanced

huzzah for hitting a trooper for 5% of his health....

Edited by Labradoraki

Yes, now that operative doesnt pose any thread due to the horrible damage reduction they are balanced.... i guess if they nerfed every class expect mine the others would seem balanced

huzzah for hitting a trooper for 5% of his health....

3k is not 5% of ANYONE health...not to mention that after beginning the combo process, in most cases there is nothing that the enemy play can do about it...they do not need a nerf or a buff, the balance worked on this one

Operatives do just fine at the moment.

I think commando hasnt ever been the easiest classes for operative to kill, even pre-nerf.

Hard armor - Knockback- 25% dr shield.

What operatives need is some kind of utility role in the new warzones. lets hope they get something. currently it feels a bit lacking on the utility side.

3k is not 5% of ANYONE health...not to mention that after beginning the combo process, in most cases there is nothing that the enemy play can do about it...they do not need a nerf or a buff, the balance worked on this one

3k IS ONLY USING TRINKET.... else its 2000 usually, and lets say another 1800 and another 1000 and another 1000... thats only 5800 damage... the player has 16000 hp AND THE OTHER SKILLS HIT FOR X00, in hundrends not thousands while we hav eno defense

watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=undHHGrk7p4

operatives/scoundrels are fine.

lol ye, omg a scoundrel killed my weak powertech with his cooldowns... definitely proof that they are fine cuz cooldowns are where a class should be balanced aka those 10 seconds, the rest 10 mins shouldnt be taken for balance

I am not sure what the purpose of this video is.

First scene Voidstar:

You are heavily outnumbered and you jump into the middle of the enemy to get the healer down Right at the start I see 3 Reps and you are 2 there.

I do actually not know what you expect to accomplish in this situation other classes would not fare any better here.

Second scene comparisons your Flash Bang lasts 8 seconds while his Awe lasts 6 seconds so the difference in building up Resolve is valid. In other words your Mezz lasts 30% longer than his or his mezz lasts only 75% of yours take your pick.

Either way invalid complaint.

Next scene down at the bridge to the second door you are again against heavy numbers 4 vs 2 basically.

What does this prove? That you cannot win 4 vs 2 against halfway decent players?

You complain like "I am out of tricks and I die".

Newsflash any other class would die here too once their CDs are down. It is no different for most other classes.

Even Sorcs/Sages would most likely get CCed if they attempt to use Force Speed.

Just commenting first few mins and already 3 major problems.

Edited by Vales

lol ye, omg a scoundrel killed my weak powertech with his cooldowns... definitely proof that they are fine cuz cooldowns are where a class should be balanced aka those 10 seconds, the rest 10 mins shouldnt be taken for balance

little noob, claiming that powertechs are week disqualifies you from any further pvp discussion.

Concealment is terrible, you really need to play lethality these days to kill anything. Healing is still better even if one of the most important talents is broken.

I've had a pretty average damage around 500k per game before the surge nerf. My best post tripple nerf was 719k on a voidstar. (this is as lethality)

That being said, the spec still sucks. Yes the class maybe? can do okay damage, but it probably has the worst utility in the game. The single target damage of concealment is also lower than that of the most similar melee classes, lets say assassin and marauder. Both of which have 3 superior defensive cooldowns compared to the two jokes an operative gets.

I don't know how they can fix the class without breaking it again but it needs some love, in utility or survivability if not damage.

Don't know about lvl 50 but on lvl 40 I do good job as operative. You just sux. Zero movement, zero planing. As operative you must take advantage of your cloak.

1. If you are outnumbered, wait for someone to appear. You can choose when you want to engage combat.

2. Always attack busy players. Helping your team mates is better than 1vs1. Simple because 2 people can kill 1 person fast and in 2vs2 when one is down fast, second is just dead meat.

3. Use your abilities god dam it. Hidden strike put them on the ground. Then 2 quick attacks and stun them with knife. And you have another 3s when you can damage them.

4. You have vanish. If you are in group and have team mates support - use it IN BATTLE just to put enemy on the ground for another 1,5s.

5. Flashbank is nice in crowd because you can deal 1-2 attacks before they resume.

6. ALWAYS run like crazy around enemy. Especially ranged. Half of their attacks don't work because you will be behind them.

7. You don't use your keyboard. It's hard to use CTRL + digits or SHIFT + digits. So use it for secondary skills. All important attacks, buffs and stuff should be put under Q E R T F G Z X C and additional mouse buttons!

8. You should have shield that give you 15s of immunity or take moderate amount of damage if you are operative.

Operatives are fine even after they nerfed us twice. It's you who need to learn how to play. I don't agree with second nerf but first was ok. It was stupid when I could engage 2 players, kill one, vanish and kill other one without serious problems.

Edited by DariuszPol

Concealment is terrible, you really need to play lethality these days to kill anything. Healing is still better even if one of the most important talents is broken.

I've had a pretty average damage around 500k per game before the surge nerf. My best post tripple nerf was 719k on a voidstar. (this is as lethality)

That being said, the spec still sucks. Yes the class maybe? can do okay damage, but it probably has the worst utility in the game. The single target damage of concealment is also lower than that of the most similar melee classes, lets say assassin and marauder. Both of which have 3 superior defensive cooldowns compared to the two jokes an operative gets.

I don't know how they can fix the class without breaking it again but it needs some love, in utility or survivability if not damage.

+1 lethality is sadly the only way for competitive pvp.... but they need to fix concenalment so we can be viable outside lethalit yonly...

Don't know about lvl 50 but on lvl 40 I do good job as operative. You just sux. Zero movement, zero planing. As operative you must take advantage of your cloak.

1. If you are outnumbered, wait for someone to appear. You can choose when you want to engage combat.

2. Always attack busy players. Helping your team mates is better than 1vs1. Simple because 2 people can kill 1 person fast and in 2vs2 when one is down fast, second is just dead meat.

3. Use your abilities god dam it. Hidden strike put them on the ground. Then 2 quick attacks and stun them with knife. And you have another 3s when you can damage them.

4. You have vanish. If you are in group and have team mates support - use it IN BATTLE just to put enemy on the ground for another 1,5s.

5. Flashbank is nice in crowd because you can deal 1-2 attacks before they resume.

6. ALWAYS run like crazy around enemy. Especially ranged. Half of their attacks don't work because you will be behind them.

7. You don't use your keyboard. It's hard to use CTRL + digits or SHIFT + digits. So use it for secondary skills. All important attacks, buffs and stuff should be put under Q E R T F G Z X C and additional mouse buttons!

8. You should have shield that give you 15s of immunity or take moderate amount of damage if you are operative.

Operatives are fine even after they nerfed us twice. It's you who need to learn how to play. I don't agree with second nerf but first was ok. It was stupid when I could engage 2 players, kill one, vanish and kill other one without serious problems.

Have fun being terrible at 50.

Have fun being terrible at 50.

Ability to adapt is one that I need. If my style will be terrible at lvl 50 I will just try something else. Also it's not like nerfing is happened only to Operatives. Sooner or later your classes will be nerfed too or some of us will be buffed.

It's always like this in EVERY MMO. From time to time there is a class that do better than others.

I'm almost sure that next to be nerfed is Sorc. Then they will do about that 1-button hero called Bounty Hunter and Trooper.

I played BH before and it was boring like hell. Always in second line. Always TRACER, TRACER, TRACER - UNLOAD - HEAT SEEKING MISSILES - RAILSHOT and repeat. And for most enemies all I needed was just Tracer.

My style fit me since I often avoid fighting for bigger prize. And that prize are doors in Voidstar, Guns in Alderan and last metters in Hutball. Below that are all those healers that in panic heal themselves and not their comrades.

I play more like support than as DPS. And it's working fine right now. Just need to wait for buff or time when others will be nerfed :p

Edited by DariuszPol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.