Just finished Revan, some questions *spoilers*

Jemfisto

First of all, i listened to the audio book of it, and my god was it amazing. Not only war the reader excellent but the music and ambiance made it unbelievable. Hearing the emperors voice actually scared me. One of my favorite star wars stories ever, the way it put together all of the events of KOTOR and KOTOR 2 made the ending that much more amazing. I actually cried at the death of the exile and of course T3.

However, I got a little confused with the sith empires. Revan and Malaks, Darth Trayas, and this hidden Sith empire led by Vitiate are all separate? Its kind of confusing because this empire is hidden but Revan and Malak were manipulated by Vitiate... so were those sith troops in KOTOR the same ones as in Vitiates empire?

The Troopers Revan led throughout the Jedi Civil War were his own, as far as I understand it. Revan had followers following the Mandalorian Wars, he was a war hero. They touched on this a bit in Kotor 2, but part of Revan's power was his ability to convince people to do things and he had amassed a following.

The troops/followers working for the Sith Triumvirate were also remnants of Revan's forces, I believe. This is also touched upon in Kotor 2. Alot of these guys came from the hidden Sith temple on Malachor V, one Revan discovered and used.

The troops under the Sith Empire are of course, the Emperor's forces, which are obviously seperate.

Edited by FuriousJimmy

The guys in the KOTOR games were not sith. They were dark jedi. Darth Revan and malak were also dark jedi. sometimes they call themselves sith. Not really sure how they differ tho. Other then the whole sith race thing. Edited by MajinEddie

Quite some time ago, there was the original Sith Empire, founded by Dark Jedi who fled to Korriban and discovered the Sith Species. Their war with the Republic was the Great Hyperspace War, and the Sith were believed to be wiped out. Darth Vitiate took on the mantle of Emperor and led a few surviving Sith to Dromund Kaas, outside of explored space, where the Republic couldn't follow.

Some time later, Mandalore made contact with the Sith, and was influenced by the Emperor into attacking Republic, basically as an elaborate simulation/test run of his own planned attack on the Republic. This was the Mandalorian Wars.

Revan and Malak beat back the Mandalorians, then went out trying to figure out what had happened. They also found the Sith, and were also influenced by the Emperor to attack the Republic. They took on the mantle of Sith Lords, and broke the Emperor's conditioning (a bit), and actually wanted to conquer the Republic and turn it into a force capable of withstanding attack from the real Sith Empire (talk about becoming the enemy. . .) This was the Jedi Civil War.

During the Jedi Civil War, many Jedi fell to the Dark Side and identified themselves as Sith. Some of these Sith were extremely powerful and went on attempting to wipe out the Jedi after Malak was defeated by Revan (Darths Traya, Nihilous, and Scion.) They were defeated by Meetra Surik, the Jedi Exile. This was known as the Dark Wars.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jedi_Civil_War