TOR is really a good game, a great one even.

Angedechu

Not sure I understand this thinking. So the word describing the game determines whether or not it's fun to play?

Snip

It's either worth it or not. How it's described actually has no impact on my enjoyment of it.

No...

MMORPG is something you are charged to keep playing, others are NOT and THUS must be considered differently.

A single player can be great but not worth having to BUY it and then PAY to keep playing it...wow...seriously...wow.

Oblivion was probably the greatest RPG ever made...but I sure as hell would not have paid $50 for it as well as $15 a month to keep playing it.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No...

MMORPG is something you are charged to keep playing, others are NOT and THUS must be considered differently.

A single player can be great but not worth having to BUY it and then PAY to keep playing it...wow...seriously...wow.

Oblivion was probably the greatest RPG ever made...but I sure as hell would not have paid $50 for it as well as $15 a month to keep playing it.

I'm just gonna replace the word Oblivion with Skyrim or any other Elder Scrolls game in my head, then I can agree with you.

No...

So you're saying this game - as it is - isn't worth paying a subscription for. I get that.

I think it is worth it, considering the reasons we pay a sub exist in this game (updates, etc).

It's fine if you think it's not worth it, but the label it carries has absolutely no bearing on whether or not I'm willing to pay a sub. I'm willing to pay a sub if I find that it's worth it. For me, right now, it is.

I would evaluate it exactly the same no matter what genre people claimed it belonged in. Is it worth it? If yes, then I pay. If no, then I don't. The word they use to describe it doesn't change the gameplay in any way, shape, or form.

This game was exactly what I expected it to be. And that's from the descriptions and previews of the gameplay (and from the beta), not the word used to describe the genre. The word they use to describe it doesn't impact that one iota.

So you're saying this game - as it is - isn't worth paying a subscription for. I get that.

I think it is worth it, considering the reasons we pay a sub exist in this game (updates, etc).

It's fine if you think it's not worth it, but the label it carries has absolutely no bearing on whether or not I'm willing to pay a sub. I'm willing to pay a sub if I find that it's worth it. For me, right now, it is.

I would evaluate it exactly the same no matter what genre people claimed it belonged in. Is it worth it? If yes, then I pay. If no, then I don't. The word they use to describe it doesn't change the gameplay in any way, shape, or form.

This game was exactly what I expected it to be. And that's from the descriptions and previews of the gameplay (and from the beta), not the word used to describe the genre. The word they use to describe it doesn't impact that one iota.

You are trying to hard.

It doesnt matter what genre it is, yet the thing that makes it different and worth paying for in your eyes is the updates...which comes with the genre.

The last time I read something with that many contradictions I was reading a quote from a politician running for office.

Although i absolutely repsect your choice, I must dissagree.

Not in a million years is this game p2p atm. AND THEY KNOW IT!

Apart from the voice acting/questing, everything is half-assed.

Raids are easier than HM dungeons..and thats not to say HM's are 'Hard' in the first place.

By your 2nd alt, only 10-20% of the quests are unique and therefore it becomes just the same as any other generic mmo.

Absolute lack of community. (something that could have been easily fixed with a world chat system)

Honestly, you would have to stand perfectly still in fleet not to encounter (not find, simply encounter) a bug.

beyond easy. You cannot even compare this to wow (and i hate wo/blizz with a vengeance...even if one of their games came with beyonce/salma hayek/ Jessica Alba, i wouldnt buy it...well...maybe i would :))

My point is that this game falls far short of what anyone would consider standard fare for mmo's.

Disgracefull tbh, considering the talent at hand and what seems to be a chronic illness of cutting corners for profit at the severe expense of the subscriber.

You are trying to hard.

It doesnt matter what genre it is, yet the thing that makes it different and worth paying for in your eyes is the updates...which comes with the genre.

The last time I read something with that many contradictions I was reading a quote from a politician running for office.

I'll be honest here, I don't even know what point you're making here.

I'm simply stating that I do not care what word they use to describe this game. If I feel like the game is worth subscribing to, I'll subscribe. If they aren't, I won't.

I'm not sure why it bothers you that I don't care what word they use to describe it. If it's worth it to me - based on my experience in the game - I'll sub. If it's not, I won't. Period.

I don't understand how that means I'm contradicting myself. I'm not lying. I really don't care what word is used to describe the game. I promise, I really don't.

Nah Final Fantasy 14 was terrible. TOR is just very mediocre. Let's give credit where it's due.

Pretty much. Lucky for them there have a lot of bootlicking fanboiz that would call 2 pixels on a screen, a great game if it has Star Wars in it. Pity.

You sir just do not like this game. Well you do have the freedom to unsub and wait until a expansion. Its a good mmorpg, but not the greatest ever. In my personal opinion mmorpgs are not the greatest games ever anyway. They are not even the best in the roleplaying genre

I was making fun of his title. Funny ubsub is all the fanboys can ever tell someone.

Although i absolutely repsect your choice, I must dissagree.

Not in a million years is this game p2p atm. AND THEY KNOW IT!

Apart from the voice acting/questing, everything is half-assed.

Raids are easier than HM dungeons..and thats not to say HM's are 'Hard' in the first place.

By your 2nd alt, only 10-20% of the quests are unique and therefore it becomes just the same as any other generic mmo.

Absolute lack of community. (something that could have been easily fixed with a world chat system)

Honestly, you would have to stand perfectly still in fleet not to encounter (not find, simply encounter) a bug.

beyond easy. You cannot even compare this to wow (and i hate wo/blizz with a vengeance...even if one of their games came with beyonce/salma hayek/ Jessica Alba, i wouldnt buy it...well...maybe i would :))

My point is that this game falls far short of what anyone would consider standard fare for mmo's.

Disgracefull tbh, considering the talent at hand and what seems to be a chronic illness of cutting corners for profit at the severe expense of the subscriber.

I have absolutely no argument against this. You don't think this game is worth a subscription. I completely respect that and I actually think you have some very good reasons to feel that way. You're basing that on your view of the gameplay.

I was actually just defending myself to the people that said it was wrong for me to say I base my opinion on the game and not on the word used to describe it. That's all.

Nah Final Fantasy 14 was terrible. TOR is just very mediocre. Let's give credit where it's due.

Oh definitely. Leveling from 1-50 was really fun just it ends so damn quick that I get annoyed all I have left is either to do is bother with the terrible endgame content or roll another character and go back to the exact same planets as before (which I did once already).

I'm not sure why it bothers you that I don't care what word they use to describe it.

One sec...

I'm not sure why it bothers you that I care what word(genre) they use to describe it.

Hey...I like your style of posting, its great. Reply to someone about something they said, and if they reply back defending it, ask them why they are bothered by you having a different opinion!

One sec...

I'm not sure why it bothers you that I care what word(genre) they use to describe it.

Hey...I like your style of posting, its great. Reply to someone about something they said, and if they reply back defending it, ask them why they are bothered by you having a different opinion!

It didn't bother me.

Look, I started with a very respectful post stating I didn't understand the mentality, then describing my opinion. I made no comment - at all - about you personally. Not one. Go back and look at my post.

You replied with an explanation and an inference that there was some deficiency in me ("Wow... seriously... wow...").

My reply then was STILL completely absent of any comment toward you. I only clarified my point. I made no comment about you as a person at all. None. Not a word. I had NO problem with your position. I even ignored the "Wow" comment and stayed on the points.

You replied saying I was contradicting myself and even called me a politician, coming at me personally.

I clarified further, defending myself from your personal comments about me. That made me think, "You know, I think this person actually has a problem with me personally." So I did end it with "I'm not sure why this bothers you." Because you came at me in every single reply when I did not say a single word about you personally.

If you don't care, than just state your point and we can discuss/debate it. But when you make snide comments about me personally, I think you have a problem with me.

Go ahead. Read every single interaction we had and name one time (other than me asking why you were bothered) where I said anything that even remotely was about you personally in any way, shape, or form. And every interaction since then has been you having replies that are about me personally.

If you want to continue debating the topic, I'm game. But I'm not playing a personal attack game, even a mild one, so I'm out.

listen guys i'd be happy if we dont detract from the main issue at hand..which is that this game is horribly sub-par.

Quit the devils advocate arguments and tell it like it is..wether u support this thing that BW have unleashed upon us or not.

personally, BW have absolutely ruined their reputation with me just like Blizz has.

Trion (they made Rift) has a monumental reputation in my eyes..they gave it their all for a small company and still continue to chase the rainbow.

Amazing guys...easily the best dev/customer support team in any mmo currently existing....no lie.

We as a gaming comunity have to start supporting those that look after us as consumers rather than acting like SHEEP! and swallowing everything that comes by.

This game is not an mmo...its a very very average RPG...at best.

This thread in one sentence:

"SWTOR fans are idiots, let's laugh at them because they have different opinions than us."

Ad hominem, the tool of the logically bankrupt at it's finest.

Really???

A 'Woah is me' approach???

gimme a break m8.

Do you not see it?

Really?

Really???

A 'Woah is me' approach???

gimme a break m8.

Do you not see it?

Really?

What are you even saying?

Further...

Who is the smarter person?

Person who plays a game he/she enjoys and pays for it?

Person who plays a game he/she hates and pays for it?