Level Cap?

johnazz

I am not really all that new. I have actually been playing for quite some time. I just didnt know where to put this thread. I am burning through levels pretty quickly and I really enjoy playing the game and I dont want to be bored out of my mind once I reach 50. Will they be raising the level cap?

Yes it is almost certain that the level cap will be raised at some point, it is unlikely that this will be done in a patch but in future expansions it will definitely be raised. What interests me is how about they plan on doing this as are they going to create a new planet or just add in extra areas on the already present planets? Edited by Chub

There are a lot of possible ways they can extend eng-game content. I expect, the level-cap will be raised at some point, but I also expect we'll get more storylines, new companions, etc along the way.

And remember, just because you finished one story doesn't mean it's over. When the Legacy system comes out, I think you'll see just how much emphasis there will be on playing multiple characters to 50.

I, for one, really enjoy seeing the story from multiple points of view. And let's not forget playing on both factions.

Since this game is copying so many aspects of World of Warcraft, it is pretty likely they will do this thing also in exactly the same way.

So expect in 1 or 2 years there to be a major expansion pack that rises the level cap.

This logic has got to go. WoW was not the first MMORPG to do these things. EQ1 raised it's level cap several times before Blizzard ever thought of making an MMO based on WarCraft. Raising the level cap in a game has become standard.

When LOtRO came out everyone was screaming lawsuit because the UI was a total rip off of WoW. You know... a bar with abilities along the bottom and targets up top and group members running down the left side.

WoW copied DAoC in that when you push the up arrow, you walk forward.

WoW copied Ultima Online in that when you click a spell button, your character casts that spell.

WoW Copied EQ in that it came on round disks that you had to install into a computer that was plugged into electricity.

See how stupid that sounds? Yes, as stupid as "Game X copied WoW because they (insert something every/most mmos have)"

While I'm on a rant... All the people saying that the SWTOR devs should have learned from WoW and added this and removed that... yea, WoW is a little more polished but it has been out for years. When the WoW devs were in early development they may have had an idea to make dual or triple or quad spec characters, but they decided to wait till it was really needed. You think that everything new thing that comes out in WoW was birthed at the moment it goes live? No. It's a tactic. If WoW had everything it has today at the launch of the game... everyone would be complaining that nothing new is ever added. So why should any other MMO do the same? If you give them everything you have in Act 1, what do you have left for Act 2?

One last thing... WoW copied Pac-Man... yea... it's true. Pac-Man uses the color yellow and has undead. So does WoW. Tell me I'm wrong. LAWSUIT!

Done.

I am not really all that new. I have actually been playing for quite some time. I just didnt know where to put this thread. I am burning through levels pretty quickly and I really enjoy playing the game and I dont want to be bored out of my mind once I reach 50. Will they be raising the level cap?

If it's anything like other games (not old 2-D ones where it took 3 years to get to Level 100)

Somewhere 1-2 year's Down the Line Normally.