The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

This game has broken my heart.

Wanagi

You know, the problem with the game is that nothing is finished. There's not an activity in this game that's polished. Even the leveling process I would wager a majority agrees is great is stopped dead for some classes by bugs.

PVP: Beta (Hard to say what stage, as it's time to go back to the drawing board)

PVE: Late Beta

Class Balance: Diablo 2 (If it starts with S-O-R-C it must be OP)

Leveling to endgame: More like RTM, but should've been patched on arrival to fix the classes with bugs.

Crafting: Late Beta

*Community: Sociopaths

*Developer can't be held accountable for this excepting the fact I probably wouldn't have frequented the forums nearly as much if the game wasn't a train wreck. I'd be playing it.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The answer would be completely subjective and therefore would only pertain to the poster. Personally, I don't have high expectations for a MMO at launch, so I doubt this is the answer you are looking for with your post. SWTOR's launch, imo, was great though. Sure, things need to be fixed, but I haven't run across anything that was game-breaking and I've enjoyed it so far. I have a 50, a 40, and a few 25's. I'm just having, once everything is fixed I will have even more fun (hopefully).

Keep in mind that I am not trying to offend you, but my post was not meant for you. Me? I love this game. I won't go in to any extra detail on it, but just know that I paid for 6 months and I WILL be playing for that entire period and longer. So I agree with how you feel about the game and I this game does need 6-12 months to truly show how good or how bad things will turn out.

My first post in this forum is strictly meant for the people who feel that this game is trash after a couple months and believe that it is nothing but downhill from here. I am personally very curious as to what makes for a great MMO game for them; what are they expecting to see and get out of the game?

The tears...

THE TEARS

THE TEARS!!!!!!!

Seriously. It's YOUR $15/month, and if you are disappointed, there is a variety of other things to do other than SWtOR. You can go to the game-who-must-not-be-named, since that's what everybody who hates SWtOR goes to. You can wait patiently for the "WoW Killer" Guild Wars 2 (But that nickname gets thrown around too often). You can go on a nostalgia trip and buy a bunch of old games you enjoyed as a child/adolescent. You can even just stop playing altogether.

My point: Unsubscribe if you're disappointed.

I did and it's fun to watch you scrambling to get the damage control in.

It's my PVP.

<inhales deeply> Smells like... victory.

Keep in mind that I am not trying to offend you, but my post was not meant for you. Me? I love this game. I won't go in to any extra detail on it, but just know that I paid for 6 months and I WILL be playing for that entire period and longer. So I agree with how you feel about the game and I this game does need 6-12 months to truly show how good or how bad things will turn out.

My first post in this forum is strictly meant for the people who feel that this game is trash after a couple months and believe that it is nothing but downhill from here. I am personally very curious as to what makes for a great MMO game for them; what are they expecting to see and get out of the game?

I know, I had a feeling we saw things eye-to-eye. All the same, the answers are still subjective. I like lima beans, and I eat them because they are good for you. That's my opinion. Some people won't agree, some will. Huge groups of people will never be in complete agreement on anything.

You know, the problem with the game is that nothing is finished. There's not an activity in this game that's polished. Even the leveling process I would wager a majority agrees is great is stopped dead for some classes by bugs.

PVP: Beta (Hard to say what stage, as it's time to go back to the drawing board)

PVE: Late Beta

Class Balance: Diablo 2 (If it starts with S-O-R-C it must be OP)

Leveling to endgame: More like RTM, but should've been patched on arrival to fix the classes with bugs.

Crafting: Late Beta

*Community: Sociopaths

*Developer can't be held accountable for this excepting the fact I probably wouldn't have frequented the forums nearly as much if the game wasn't a train wreck. I'd be playing it.

Another example of someone thinking they know how to create a great game while having financial pressures and a lot of high expectations going into release. Saying things like "should've been patched", etc. just makes you sound arrogant.

Premades definately need their own braket. Everytime I see I'm in a team with a 4 man premade I'm like "finally a win for my daily!"

Most pvp matches I've played have been complete and utter destruction of one of the teams with players constantly leaving the side that's getting crushed (and why not really?). I can seriously count the amount of close game I've had on one hand and I'm valor level 31 having only pvp'd on Ilum for the first time last night (which was an absolute joke with all the freezing/pausing going on).

PVP isn't much fun in this game at all, especially when I know a lot of Battlemasters exploited to get there.

I know, I had a feeling we saw things eye-to-eye. All the same, the answers are still subjective. I like lima beans, and I eat them because they are good for you. That's my opinion. Some people won't agree, some will. Huge groups of people will never be in complete agreement on anything.

Oh, I know. But I am still curious. So many people are in agreement that this is a bad game. I am curious what each of their opinions are on what a great game will be, is all. I bet that there are a lot of different answers, I am just hoping to get a couple.

Another example of someone thinking they know how to create a great game while having financial pressures and a lot of high expectations going into release. Saying things like "should've been patched", etc. just makes you sound arrogant.

Another example of a closet BW dev crying.

Oh, I know. But I am still curious. So many people are in agreement that this is a bad game. I am curious what each of their opinions are on what a great game will be, is all. I bet that there are a lot of different answers, I am just hoping to get a couple.

Come on, you know better than that. People that are quick to complain and are so "loud" on the forums aren't here for constructive conversation.

As someone that has a lot of hope for this game and still is a little disappointed with the end game/UI, here are my thoughts:

1. People want options. Options, options, options to be able to customize to their liking. When a game doesn't have it, people feel boxed in and start critizing quickly.

2. Great music. This game has it because it takes a lot from the original Star Wars music. I want to feel immersed in the environment and music has a large role in that.

3. Related to #1, but the game needs to have different paths to ultimately get to the same spot. Currently you have to just do dailys/weeklys to get good PvP gear. How about incorporating ways to craft that gear. Or maybe have a quota of PvP medals to get it.

4. Make PvP objectives mean something like in DAoC. I mean, why do I not get objective points for scoring the hutt ball? makes no sense.

I was looking forward to this game for so long. I ordered the Collectors Edition the day it was available. I gave everything I had in that "other game" away, swearing to never go back.

The journey to level 50 PvE story wise was amazing. Everything after has been nothing short of a disappointment. Raids are just "ok". The PvP is the worst I've seen in any game I've played since I started with MMOs in 1998.

My guild raids 2 days a week and my plan was to pvp the other days. I've gotten 6 pieces of champ and 6 centurion, Valor rank 45ish. It's a terrible grind and nearly no fun at all. Takes 2 or 3 days to complete a pvp daily with the aweful win/loss ratio.

We can't all be in magical pre-mades and I'm nearly always #1 or #2 on charts.

I'm working on my 3rd level 50 now but for what? So I can go through the same disappointment over and over and over?

I don't know what you have to do to fix the pvp in this game... Premades in their own bracket? Battlemasters+ in the own brackets? Cross server Random ques?

Something has to be done ..... I mean - jesh , none of the friends I started with even bother logging on anymore.

I'm a grown man, but this game is destroying any desire I have to play anymore.

I know that feel bro. I can't seem to convince myself of a reason to go buy a game card, as I just stopped having fun. All of my will to play has been sucked away. Heartbreaking is truly the word for it.

SWTOR really did miss out on a huge opportunity to move the genre forward.

As it stands it's just WoW's concepts in a new coat of paint.

Ironically even WoW has moved forward on many of those outdated concepts.

SWTOR is like an MMO from 2008, published in 2011 that still needed at least another 6 months of iteration.

I was looking forward to this game for so long. I ordered the Collectors Edition the day it was available. I gave everything I had in that "other game" away, swearing to never go back.

The journey to level 50 PvE story wise was amazing. Everything after has been nothing short of a disappointment. Raids are just "ok". The PvP is the worst I've seen in any game I've played since I started with MMOs in 1998.

My guild raids 2 days a week and my plan was to pvp the other days. I've gotten 6 pieces of champ and 6 centurion, Valor rank 45ish. It's a terrible grind and nearly no fun at all. Takes 2 or 3 days to complete a pvp daily with the aweful win/loss ratio.

We can't all be in magical pre-mades and I'm nearly always #1 or #2 on charts.

I'm working on my 3rd level 50 now but for what? So I can go through the same disappointment over and over and over?

I don't know what you have to do to fix the pvp in this game... Premades in their own bracket? Battlemasters+ in the own brackets? Cross server Random ques?

Something has to be done ..... I mean - jesh , none of the friends I started with even bother logging on anymore.

On the same boat. I cant believe two months in the game how bored I am. My guild has completed HM raids with NM already going down easy. PvP is just no fun in this game, and yes the PvP dailies are not worth it anymore. Starting a new toon with a different faction currently, but forcing myself to enjoy it. . .not good.

My friends wont play anymore, and I'm not sure where to turn at this point in MMO gaming. I've been playing MMO and PvP games since 89' and I think this game has crushed any more enthusiasim to play MMO's anymore.:(

Glitches and bugs with-standing, I also think this game is really f ucked. People seem relentless to exploit this game for what its worth more than any other MMO I ever played on opening, including WoW, and I thought WoW was bad on opening with exploits. People just seem relentless to turn this game to **** with exploits in sheer malice.

On top of all that, I fought and tried to convince people that this game would be good on opening. "Its Star Wars!!" I said, "Its gotta be good!!" Now I just dont know anymore. I think the real judgement of this game will be when we are introduced to pandas. . .peoples curiosity will draw them back unfortuantely, and thats when we will find out if this game will be in the "it could have been. . ." category. My opinion of course.

Edited by Drahh

there going to have to put wookies as a playable race/alien races to balance this out. Making same faction pvp will only go so far you cant make 90% of pvp in house fighting. Im giving it 6 months but im thinking 1.1 will be it for me well see. Just wish they didnt screw around so much we could have really had something......

8 people in this thread are bad and dont have friends to que with, srry yall MMO means grps with communication are key, im sorry u guys wont be around for free valor anymore, oh well guess ill just have to compete against people that actually possess skill, /shrug.

oh and L2P, cuz im sure ur gonna have the same problems in the next game you play.

I love posts like this. The arrogance and ignorance make me giggle. It's easy enough to gather some people online and premade it, especially since there is no competitive pvp, so even a substandard premade using vent can roll most of the competition.

Your ignorance and arrogance shows when you assume people want to do this and simply don't know how, when in fact many of us simply enjoy fast pug pvp more than we enjoy organized premade pvp.

You premade players aren't a majority of pvpers, you're a minority, and you always will be.

You're not one of those dudes that plays female toons are you?

Funny how there hasn't been anyone trumpeting "Can't wait for GW2!" now that they announced the game will only be console. lawl

Honestly...where are people going to go? We have all played the other MMOs already. Diablo 3 doesn't even care a lick about PvP. Titan looks to be legit, but isn't going to hit until 2014. I really want to know the answer because I'm all out of MMOs to play.

I love posts like this. The arrogance and ignorance make me giggle. It's easy enough to gather some people online and premade it, especially since there is no competitive pvp, so even a substandard premade using vent can roll most of the competition.

Your ignorance and arrogance shows when you assume people want to do this and simply don't know how, when in fact many of us simply enjoy fast pug pvp more than we enjoy organized premade pvp.

You premade players aren't a majority of pvpers, you're a minority, and you always will be.

Last night in Civil War I kept running into this Sage who was in a premade, was guarded and getting spam-healed, and would taunt anyone that he (she) killed. Got that same Sage in a WZ this morning without his premade and stomped him so ruthlessly that he started whining about exploits in /1. Didn't see him any more until a couple hour laters he finally appeared again in his premade.

Premades make players appear much better than they are and, unfortunately, makes those who lack self-awareness think they are much better than they actually are. I don't have anything against them, but anyone who thinks stomping pugs with a premade is somehow representative of skill needs to get a clue.

Edited by Mannic

You're not one of those dudes that plays female toons are you?

Funny how there hasn't been anyone trumpeting "Can't wait for GW2!" now that they announced the game will only be console. lawl

Honestly...where are people going to go? We have all played the other MMOs already. Diablo 3 doesn't even care a lick about PvP. Titan looks to be legit, but isn't going to hit until 2014. I really want to know the answer because I'm all out of MMOs to play.

This. 100 times this.