Why Does Bioware Hate Me Being Me?

oblongship

The end game in pvp is so pigeon holed it's not even funny.

There is pretty much 0 customization.

The gear not mod-able so we are stuck with the stats they give us. We can't even change the color of our lightsaber at end game pvp and that is one of the MAJOR things setting each Jedi apart even in the movies.

Everyone looks the same...with gear not being mod-able its not just about customizing stats, but its you being a individual and being able to make yourself look a bit different than everyone else and not just another clone.

The Skill Trees have been nerfed in such a manner to go along with what Bioware states, that they want people to pick a spec and focus on it. Well by doing that you have pretty much taken the ability to customize your spec and still be effective so you lose your uniqueness there to.

Bioware, I am not saying everyone feels this way but there are a lot of people who find the lack of customization end game very appalling.

I am sure I will get flamed by people who didn't even read the post but I had to say it.

I remember when 1.1 was going to fix ilum, good times.

Haha yeah, exactly. Bioware has a track record of putting exactly what they say in the patches and their fixes are always spot on right?

By the way I read the link in your sig and that is awesome.

Where are the notes for the next patch? I don't see anything on the PTR forum where I usually look.

You should check the devtracker more often. They announced gear being fully moddable (again) for 1.2 in march among many other things, ranked pvp being one of them, weeks ago.

Patch notes for 1.2 are not available yet ofc. Be patient, young acolyte.

The gear not mod-able so we are stuck with the stats they give us. We can't even change the color of our lightsaber at end game pvp and that is one of the MAJOR things setting each Jedi apart even in the movies.

Reading what the developers write you should.

They already said that with the next content patch we will be able to mod ALL purple gear, remove all the mods from the gear put it into gear we like, even transfer the set bonuses.

Everyone looks the same...with gear not being mod-able its not just about customizing stats, but its you being a individual and being able to make yourself look a bit different than everyone else and not just another clone.

The Skill Trees have been nerfed in such a manner to go along with what Bioware states, that they want people to pick a spec and focus on it. Well by doing that you have pretty much taken the ability to customize your spec and still be effective so you lose your uniqueness there to.

Bioware, I am not saying everyone feels this way but there are a lot of people who find the lack of customization end game very appalling.

I am sure I will get flamed by people who didn't even read the post but I had to say it.

I agree that we need more customization to not look just like everyone else.

But why would anyone want to cram a pigeon into a hole?

It's being fixed. Next patch I believe. Hang in there.

zero customization? Holy crap, all this time I've been putting on different armor and I shouldn't? :)

In the order of things, I suspect they

1. fix core mechanics and game breaking issues, bugs

2. work new content to keep peoples attention

3. add customization and nice to haves

4. fill personal requests/ideas from the forum

Some dev teams indicate they have different people all those things and they happen simultaneously, not sure how BW handles this. Perhaps your complaint hasn't yet reached the top of the pile. We all can't be first....

Also, not sure what spec you play, but as a vanguard, I can choose a nearly limitless build between tanking, DPS or both(90 some odd skill point choices). Perhaps other classes only have one button for a spec and I wasn't aware...

zero customization? Holy crap, all this time I've been putting on different armor and I shouldn't? :)

In the order of things, I suspect they

1. fix core mechanics and game breaking issues, bugs

2. work new content to keep peoples attention

3. add customization and nice to haves

4. fill personal requests/ideas from the forum

Some dev teams indicate they have different people all those things and they happen simultaneously, not sure how BW handles this. Perhaps your complaint hasn't yet reached the top of the pile. We all can't be first....

Their complaint is that the 'best' PvP armor for whatever spec looks like it looks and that is that.

It is purple gear, so it has a mod and enhancement slotted, allowing for some customixation, but the armoring is fixed at this time, not to mention set bonuses.

As others have said, though, this is scheduled to change. It has already been a part of an official announcement.

They plan on making those things transferrable, so once you get that top-end gear you will have the ability to put the various mods into other gear, so you will not be required to stick with the limited looks that they currently have those in.

Their complaint is that the 'best' PvP armor for whatever spec looks like it looks and that is that.

It is purple gear, so it has a mod and enhancement slotted, allowing for some customixation, but the armoring is fixed at this time, not to mention set bonuses.

As others have said, though, this is scheduled to change. It has already been a part of an official announcement.

They plan on making those things transferrable, so once you get that top-end gear you will have the ability to put the various mods into other gear, so you will not be required to stick with the limited looks that they currently have those in.

They also mentioned making set bonuses transferrable. Exciting stuff all around.

Thanks Mith, I understand. My key point was that customization may not make the top three things to do. There is a ton of issues on the forums from same sex courting to hacking to Ilum exploits. I'm sure as any business with numerous priorities and limited resources (devs), they have to prioritize based on impact to customer base playability and subscritptions.

Adding to the list of requests is appreciated, I'm sure. But asking why the company hates me is being overly dramatic and not understanding the big picture they likely deal with...