You know what would be a sweet change

Cwild

I know this'll sound strange, but what I'd like? Add a 6s cooldown to Acid Blade.

Strange, right? But think about it: it's used for Hidden Strike and Backstab, neither of which is spammable. Backstab has that cooldown, and HS is obviously limited in how often you can do it as well. Right now, I have the problem where I might accidentally hit HS twice before making an attack that can use it, which means I'm burning energy for no gain. (Actually, the even better solution would simply be that if you have the AB prep buff on, you can't use the ability at all.)

But really, I have to agree somewhat with the OP. While I don't think it should be FREE, it should have something more than the token -2 that it gets now at Waylay. Seriously, Sorcerers get a talent for their lightning shield that cuts its cost (65) by 15, and that talent has two ranks. We, on the other hand, get a single -2 on a cost of 15. That talent's reduction should be at LEAST -5; yes, I know, that talent also changes Backstab's cost from 10 to 0, so the AB+BS combo went from 25 to 13, but AB's used with HS as well. Also, Sorcerers get a 3-rank talent that reduces the cost of pretty much every ability they have by 3% per rank, while we get nothing along those lines.

---------------------------------

The problem, really, is that our energy mechanism is horribly suited to a burst class. The decreasing regen effect is perfectly built for a sustained DPS class that doesn't need to drop below 60%, whereas really we want to be loading damage as much as possible into those first few seconds (or, for healers, need to throw a burst of heals for emergencies). So honestly, a LOT of our issues could be solved by giving us an ability that boosted our MAX Energy, instead of just refilling our existing bar. If we could go into a fight with 150 energy instead of 100, but the max would drop down to 100 after ~6s, then think about how different our output would be.

In fact, let's just suggest Adrenaline Probe do that, where it adds +50 Energy (the current effect) AND raises your max Energy by 50 for 6s. Likewise, the Medicine talent that boosts it by +8/16 could boost both effects by that much, so a medic using AP could go up to 166 to make a serious burst of healing.

I'd like to see Alacrity affect the rate at which out HoTs/DoTs tick.

I'd like to see Alacrity affect the cooldown times of all our long-cooldown abilities. For balance reasons it should be a non-linear effect, reducing long cooldowns more than short ones; being able to use Cloaking Screen every 1:30 instead of 2 minutes would be very nice, but reducing Shiv from 6s to 4.5s would be HUGE.

Making Acid Blade free effectively means that Backstab (our hardest hitting ability that doesn't require stealth) woudl be compeltely free. We have a talent that makes Backstab itself free specifically because we're supposed to use Acid Blade with it every time.

Making both components free would be Too Good .

Another sweet change would be if Op Medics were able to cast Shield Probe on other people @15 energy, no cooldown.

Whoa, you're getting dangerously close to sorcerer, there.

LOL. Seriously, I feel like I'm a vanilla Pally all over again. This blows....again.

Make Acid Blade a passive ability that applies its effect to all Hidden Strikes and Backstabs, and just increase both's cost to make up the difference. Save me 1 more keybind and keypress I don't have time for.

Better yet, and definitely op, make Acid blade passive for all melee abilities. No cost at all.

Edited by Dcayd

I'd also like to see an ability like:

Mimic Droid: Requires TA + 10/15 Energy; Instant.

Cast a droid onto your target, which mimic's your actions of Shiv and Backstab, allowing you to hit your target with those abilities from 8 yards further away. Lasts for 5 seconds. 60 second cool-down.

The problem, really, is that our energy mechanism is horribly suited to a burst class. The decreasing regen effect is perfectly built for a sustained DPS class that doesn't need to drop below 60%, whereas really we want to be loading damage as much as possible into those first few seconds (or, for healers, need to throw a burst of heals for emergencies). So honestly, a LOT of our issues could be solved by giving us an ability that boosted our MAX Energy, instead of just refilling our existing bar. If we could go into a fight with 150 energy instead of 100, but the max would drop down to 100 after ~6s, then think about how different our output would be.

In fact, let's just suggest Adrenaline Probe do that, where it adds +50 Energy (the current effect) AND raises your max Energy by 50 for 6s. Likewise, the Medicine talent that boosts it by +8/16 could boost both effects by that much, so a medic using AP could go up to 166 to make a serious burst of healing.

That would be cool!

Mimic Droid: Requires TA + 10/15 Energy; Instant.

Cast a droid onto your target, which mimic's your actions of Shiv and Backstab, allowing you to hit your target with those abilities from 8 yards further away. Lasts for 5 seconds. 60 second cool-down.

IWIN: Requires nothing; Instant.

Cast a massive debuff to everyone else in the area effectively making them target dummies with different name plates. Repeated use of this ability will lead to smaller server populations and eventual mergers or end of life for the game client.

Seriously, I would love to see acid blade free, especially since it would allow us to be both more "bursty" and able to sustain more DPS in both PVE and PVP, but I definitely think people saying it should be a buff/ never need to eb cast ect are just being silly. If you want a simple class play BH/CMD ;)

Edited by Qeuzolt

Cast a massive debuff to everyone else in the area effectively making them target dummies with different name plates. Repeated use of this ability will lead to smaller server populations and eventual mergers or end of life for the game client.

Seriously, I would love to see acid blade free, especially since it would allow us to be both more "bursty" and able to sustain more DPS in both PVE and PVP, but I definitely think people saying it should be a buff/ never need to eb cast ect are just being silly. If you want a simple class play BH/CMD ;)

I was just trying to think of something for a gap closer, as we do not currently have one.

Powertechs get grapple, 30 yard range every 45 seconds.

Juggs get intercede every 20sec to friendly of 30 yards. And Juggs/marauders get force charge every 15sec from 30 yards.

Assassins get force pull, 30 yards every 45 seconds.

And instead of making it similar to everyone else's, physically move to the target or physically move target to you; we have something more unique. You'd only be able to get 2 hits off max anyway. Could change to 4 seconds, just to be able to get another hit or possibly 2; not guaranteed 2.

Why does a suggestion of a gap closer warrant a response of an "I Win" button. Its nothing near it.

I'd be happy if AB just applied to BS automagically, with the current energy cost. Part of the issue of losing energy from AB (for me, at least) is that it's spammable, while the skills to use it are not. I've more than once accidentally hit it two or three times because I missed the animation for it or something.

That would be cool!

I get what you're trying to say, but making us "apply" acid blade every time we bs or hs is not adding a skill req nor does it "separate the men from the boys." It's just making push an extra button for the sake of it. It's simply a poorly designed ability. I'd understand if it was an attack that put a debuff on the target for the next bs or hs, but as it's currently implemented is akin to making BH refuel every time they use their flamethrowers, or making sins re apply charges after every maul.

Also, they could simply shift the cost of acid blade over to hs and bs, simply reword the tooltip to "increases HS and BS cost by 15 energy."