Oh REALLY, Stephen

SonoDio

It goes back to our pre-order redemption numbers. Our graph of redeemed pre-order codes looks like two mountains with a flat plain in-between, basically. There's a massive peak from back in July (when we announced pre-orders) and a smaller, but growing peak at the end (recently). In the middle, there was a long period where the numbers of people redeeming pre-order codes were steady, but lower.

Could this be due to the fact, that right up untill the 13th, the frontpage of your site promised up to 5 days of early access? Do you think that is MAYBE the reason so many people pre-ordered right up untill this date? To get the same 5 days advantage, as the rest of the pre-orderers did?

Do you think that the same amount of people would have preordered, had it been made clear, that we should expect only 3 or 4 days of early access, and thereby could NOT expect "up to 5 days" but only "up to 4 or 3 days", while thousands of players were let in before us?

I think that the "up to 5 days" statement is at best misleading, and should have been removed from the page the moment you were in doubt about people making the 5-day cut. Furthermore i feel your information in regards to how many people, and what dates you were letting in has been miserable.

It shouldnt be neccesary with "unofficial Early Access"-threads on this forum, YOU should have made a clear schedule for all of us to follow, instead of leaving us in the dark.

All of this doesn't matter **** now, you lost my respect and many others. In a couple of days i'll be playing anyways, since i absolutely love the game you made, but your way of handling this release has been miserable.

Could this be due to the fact, that right up untill the 13th, the frontpage of your site promised up to 5 days of early access? Do you think that is MAYBE the reason so many people pre-ordered right up untill this date? To get the same 5 days advantage, as the rest of the pre-orderers did?

Do you think that the same amount of people would have preordered, had it been made clear, that we should expect only 3 or 4 days of early access, and thereby could NOT expect "up to 5 days" but only "up to 4 or 3 days", while thousands of players were let in before us?

I think that the "up to 5 days" statement is at best misleading, and should have been removed from the page the moment you were in doubt about people making the 5-day cut. Furthermore i feel your information in regards to how many people, and what dates you were letting in has been miserable.

It shouldnt be neccesary with "unofficial Early Access"-threads on this forum, YOU should have made a clear schedule for all of us to follow, instead of leaving us in the dark.

All of this doesn't matter **** now, you lost my respect and many others. In a couple of days i'll be playing anyways, since i absolutely love the game you made, but your way of handling this release has been miserable.

Yes the same amount would have pre-ordered. As crazy as people are to login they would have paid to get in 10 minutes early.

If i remember correctly. It said UPTO 5 days early. Seems pretty damm clear to me. I would like to see one shred of evidence that promises every pre order would be granted access 5 days early without fail.

It still confuses me how people still dont understand this.

"Up to 5 days".

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that the meaning of "up to" is synonymous with "equal to or less than".

Unless I'm wrong it also means the maximum is obtainable but not guarenteed, which was of course impossible before the first week even ended.

"Up to 5 days".

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that the meaning of "up to" is synonymous with "equal to or less than".

I used to think that, but there seems to be a vocal minority of people who have found some ancient codex indicating that "up to" means "at least and probabably more." Go figure.