The "this class is OP" Thread

Sirolos

It is the player. Some players are just notoriously better at playing since their social lives are lack and they have all day to hone their m4d sk!lls in video games. I am not down playing the fact that when you happen to run into these u83r l337 gods of the game you feel the game just turned on you and there has been a massive disturbance in the force. but trust me. it was not the devs who f'd up. it was their mothers for not giving them the skills to win at life and not just video games.

take this to heart oh weaksuace gamer's the truly OP ones are us who have a life.

I am Sith I deal in absolute. Vodka.

Haha! OP, this thread is genius!

Whats funnier for me is I clicked on the PVP forum link purely to look for threads with the title "**** NERF X PLIZZXX!!!11!!eleven"

I wanted to see how far my faith in humanity was going to nose dive on the first day of early access.

This put a big smile on my face.

I think you've left out the obvious choice candidate for "nerf" threads though. What I like to call the "horrendous exaggerations and zero reality" case studies.

E.G;

"Today, I was playing on my <Class that is perfectly balanced, and is by sheer happy coincidence the poster's main class or "A"> when all of a sudden, OUT OF NOWHERE, this <Class that is clearly and obviously superior, bearing no relationship to the fact that the the player was the winner of following encounter "B"> came along and LITERALLY killed me in UNDER A SECOND!!!!one!1.

<Class B> Clearly doesnt take any skill to play, because (and here come the rest of the exaggerations, see if you can spot them) I managed to level them to max level in under 7 minutes using no gear other than a <Insert starter weapon> and a vanity pet!

In PVP they don't need any skill at all to play!!11!!!oneandanotherone! I have actually grown a garden vegetable and made it play <Class B> and it managed to <Face Roll/Pwn/Own/Roflstomp/Destroy - Delete as applicable> everyone! even people who are 25 levels higher and have achieved accolades in their home countries for military tactical genius, without even trying! Their Kill/Death ratio was higher than <Insert global conflict of choice>!!!!

So thats why <Class B> needs to be nerfed <Insert game development company name>!!!

(The ultimatum)

If you don't nerf <Class B> <Game development company> me and all my 79.4 accounts and all my <cough> friends will stop playing as soon as my remaining 11 months expires on my annual subscription! AND I WILL NEVER COME BACK."

- Conclusion: I know these posters can be subtle and their exaggerations are notoriously difficult to spot (with your eye's closed). But be vigilant! they are always around!

P.S - Oops! sorry for wall of text. OP - gj!

HAHAHA nice ones

I dont know if i can add any more.. >_< shoulda reserved space

Could go one of two ways.

A) People start whinning about the Glowstick Brigade & how everyone is playing them, balanced needs to be worked on, etcetera, blah, blah, blah. Sith Inquisitor will be the primary nominee then.

B) Glowstick Brigade ends up largely played by the inexperienced players, who in turn get crushed by more advanced players who actually understand game mechanics & strategy. Imperial Agent is probably going to be the class of choice there to single out as overpowered.

Dunno about A, but I can see where B is coming from.

<gasp> Are saber-wielders in tOR the new WoW hunter?

Don't worry, I'm sure they'll fix that bug that allows bounty hunters/troopers to be killed.

WIN

"Galactic Short Bus" section of the forum will be where the 5 year WoW vet's posts will be placed from now on...

Oh great now people are gonna gripe about not having a short bus for their smuggler....what have I done!?!?

Could go one of two ways.

A) People start whinning about the Glowstick Brigade & how everyone is playing them, balanced needs to be worked on, etcetera, blah, blah, blah. Sith Inquisitor will be the primary nominee then.

B) Glowstick Brigade ends up largely played by the inexperienced players, who in turn get crushed by more advanced players who actually understand game mechanics & strategy. Imperial Agent is probably going to be the class of choice there to single out as overpowered.

Sniper=little skill and still topping charts (I have one don't worry:cool:)

Operatives have my respect though.

+Most glowstick users are played by inexperienced people, but its the skilled ones you need to look out for.

Edited by Zaywin

Hey,

Just to be the annoying one i thougt i would enquire what class and role and talent spec ''insert OP class name here'' was?

:p

(at least im joking)

On a serious note, does anyone know if the pvp items at 50 are better or equivvilant to the pve gear. As in, will they be able to be used as gap fillers in your gear.?

For example high dps weps maybe lacking in hit or something but better base dps than pve content available at the time?

if anyone has the answer's please im interested..