Mercs 1v1

Whtwulf

Been having a hell of a hard time in any 1V1 fight on my merc. While I do not have my battlemaster gear yet a good amount of my foes do not either. Time and time again I am getting ripped in a 1v1 fight. It seems as if my armor is made of paper.

Anyone else having this problem.

Been having a hell of a hard time in any 1V1 fight on my merc. While I do not have my battlemaster gear yet a good amount of my foes do not either. Time and time again I am getting ripped in a 1v1 fight. It seems as if my armor is made of paper.

Anyone else having this problem.

we are not so bad 1v1, you need to learn tactics against other classes, duel with friends and ask them what they are doing...

we are not built to move, so brute force is always the best path foward, with a little mitigation (stuns) thrown in at the ideal spot.

If anything, it's all about matchups; we do well against some classes and not so good against others. Know the raw matchup pros/cons, be objective about your ability to play your class and assume the person playing your foe knows what they're doing.

Know when you can't win and high-tail it out of there to live another day. With eveything else equal, don't 1v1 a BM when you're in centurion or worse, and expect a positive result.

Edited by _droider_
Mah gramma is none gud.

A lot of the time it comes down to cooldowns. If I have all mine, I can beat most classes 1 v 1 as an arsenal merc. You just really know what to look for in the other classes. Everyone knows to interrupt the tracer, which weakens us. Yet you need to learn the other classes and electro dart or jet boost them during one of their most important cooldowns. You can also insta cast concussion missile (make sure you watch the resolve bar so it works). Heal up. When your stacks are almost off, go back to attacking. Some can turn into a long battles, but there are ways to beat other classes 1 v 1. You just have to be more creative than just running through your rotation and trying to out dps them.

The toughest for me are assassins, sorcs, and to a much lesser extent ops. They have escapability. For sorcs, I will often save my heatseekers for when they try to force sprint. Assassins and ops I try to electro dart when they get low so they can't go invis. If they do go invis, jet boost will take them out of invis and you can also throw down your droid. Yet even then I still have many get away from me, then they come back knowing my abilities are on cooldown.

Edited by McGarnagle

Absolutely, positively, you can't beat an Assassin or a Sorc as an Arsenal Merc. They would have to be absolutely terribad with no fingers not to faceroll you. The amount of interrupts and cc's they have...simply no.

A lot of the time it comes down to cooldowns. If I have all mine, I can beat most classes 1 v 1 as an arsenal merc. You just really know what to look for in the other classes. Everyone knows to interrupt the tracer, which weakens us. Yet you need to learn the other classes and electro dart or jet boost them during one of their most important cooldowns. You can also insta cast concussion missile (make sure you watch the resolve bar so it works). Heal up. When your stacks are almost off, go back to attacking. Some can turn into a long battles, but there are ways to beat other classes 1 v 1. You just have to be more creative than just running through your rotation and trying to out dps them.

The toughest for me are assassins, sorcs, and to a much lesser extent ops. They have escapability. For sorcs, I will often save my heatseekers for when they try to force sprint. Assassins and ops I try to electro dart when they get low so they can't go invis. If they do go invis, jet boost will take them out of invis and you can also throw down your droid. Yet even then I still have many get away from me, then they come back knowing my abilities are on cooldown.

Absolutely, positively, you can't beat an Assassin or a Sorc as an Arsenal Merc. They would have to be absolutely terribad with no fingers not to faceroll you. The amount of interrupts and cc's they have...simply no.

True 1v1, it's possible. 90% of the time it's not tue 1v1; either you're not max health or you're on cooldowns. Before 1.1.3, sins could stealth, pop water and come back full health or close to it. Don't base ability to kill them on any experience prior to that patch because if they were good, they were definitely doing it.

Also don't judge a match by using your hybrid pve pvp build. Assume all your enemies are using straight PVP builds.

If some of that pertained to you, good. If not, don't go crazy on me...it was meant as a general tip.

Even as an Arsenal or Pyro Merc, 1vs1 I have lost 95% of the time. The only classes I have been able to either run off or kill have been another BH, Op, and once in a while Sorc/Sage. With my Marauder I can tear apart a BH pretty easily, even more so if they do not really know what they are doing. The melee classes are our bane.

As a dps and healer spec I tend to try and stay hidden in or just behind the group and pick at targets that are already being focused or are at at least half health. If they are clumped, AOE away! Of course as a healer you want to stay out of the main line of fire anyways.

Edited by BlownSi

I am a PvP build. I am valor 55, I have dueled all types and I can say without a video to prove it you are NOT doing anything other than tickling a sorc/assassin 1v1. Pre-post patch it doesn't matter. In a true 1v1 (duel) an arsenal merc will get smashed, so will a merc -pyro. A geared bodyguard might be able to outlast them.

True 1v1, it's possible. 90% of the time it's not tue 1v1; either you're not max health or you're on cooldowns. Before 1.1.3, sins could stealth, pop water and come back full health or close to it. Don't base ability to kill them on any experience prior to that patch because if they were good, they were definitely doing it.

Also don't judge a match by using your hybrid pve pvp build. Assume all your enemies are using straight PVP builds.

If some of that pertained to you, good. If not, don't go crazy on me...it was meant as a general tip.

Anyone remember the Choose your class videos BW realsed before the start of Swtor?

I quote: "when they engage in a fight, they have control over the situation", "they have so many tools..." "my strategie would be keeping the jedi away"...

And they mention the jetpack... which i cant use, id rather walk around...

What we learn here, the cake is a lie!

Edited by Devoter