Vette romance and dark side

doromleynek

Well you can earn points when going darkside , she doesnt like the killing parts

but generally most conversations you taking the piss with the empire sometimes and that she does like

and for the rest treasurehunting ftw :p

im darkside sith and got jaesa and vette on 10k affection

Vette seems to be the most pragmatic and fleshed out of all the companions I've had on my three toons thus far. The romance for her boils down to how you treat her. She's very good at rationalizing who you are in your various roles though I do wish she'd realize when I'm being sarcastic referring to Baras as "My Lord." :cool:

DS SW cannot have both at the same time and will be made to choose.

In the end you simply have to treat her like the center of your Galaxy and she won't care what you do on the battlefield.

She loves it when I resort to extortion and intimidate Imperial Buffoons. She hates it when I kowtow to them, like Baras.

She doesn't mind killing (and in fact often supports it) when there is a purpose. She just doesn't like killing for no reason, slavery or genocide. But, like Valentines day, there are plenty of gifts to help rebuild the affection when you go on a murdering spree.

My marauder hit Dark V and used only Vette while leveling and was able to romance her. I did choose the occasional LS points (not for Vette but for rational reasons) but was still able to get her affection up with other options.

I found that she likes:

1) Humorous remarks.

2) She might like it when you kill someone based on who they are or why you're killing them. (She doesn't like mindless slaughter or the slaughter of innocence).

3) When you mock authority.

4) When you're in it for the money.

5) When you consult with her for advice.

6) And ofc when you treat her nice.

IMO, best romance-able companion I've seen yet and most convincing. You actually have to work for her affection as she slowly warms up to you, unlike other companions where they're eager to hop in the sack at the slightest sign of favoritism.

Just get her a lot of gifts. *****es love gifts.

Dark side Sith myself and I just bought her a ton of companion gifts and I was set. Affection only matters in unlocking the quest, what really matters the the choices you make when you start doing the serious companion quests.

you shouldn't worry so much about Vette's affection track- she's the first companion you get in the game.

Its pretty universal for every class- the first companion you get only gets +15 affection per tick, unless its a really significant story event like if you bring home a puppy or something and she gets 40.

That's crap.

its not worth making decisions based on how much your first companion likes them, because chances are at some point you're going to rotate them out to try new ones, or if they have good crew skill bonuses, bench them to make stuff. You pretty much have to go 9-50 with Vette in order to get her to 10k without buying her stuff.

its especially not worth it when you pick up other companions, and you start taking holocalls from Baras on your ship throughout chapter 2, and you end up picking a crappy line.

Vette gaining 15 on a Baras call is not as good as Quinn gaining 20 and Pierce gaining 40. You have to level all their affections to be able to craft efficiently at 50 anyways, so don't stop to please her.

So don't bother. If she likes the decisions you make, good for her. If she doesn't, screw her- give her an underworld companion gift and she'll forget all about it.

You should only really worry about affection grinding companions that you get later in the game, Pierce and Broonmark are easier to please and get massive affection ticks from your decisions.

Just play normally with Vette and then pull out Broonie every time you're about to get all Dark Side on someone's ***. He loves that.

Edited by Doozzer