Leveling spec

Flovust

Right now I am currently level 20, I am annihilation spec but I hardly notice the heals that my critt dots do. Im wondering what level does the survivability of annihilation shine? or at what level does marauder become versatile? and is there a better spec to level until annihilation gets the valued talents?

Im pretty sure, looking at Torhead marauder skills, 26 seems to be the level where marauders start to pick up? any thoughts?

Right now I am currently level 20, I am annihilation spec but I hardly notice the heals that my critt dots do. Im wondering what level does the survivability of annihilation shine? or at what level does marauder become versatile? and is there a better spec to level until annihilation gets the valued talents?

Im pretty sure, looking at Torhead marauder skills, 26 seems to be the level where marauders start to pick up? any thoughts?

Your heals are not going to be huge, 2% of your max health. And if you don't have berserk up, you probably wont crit a lot.

Switch to rage for now...

Simply put obliterate basically does the same damage as deadly saber but instantly and is a short range leap. Also most pulls will be AE and having better smash will ensure these go quicker. Once you get up higher you can go back to annihilation but without many of the higher up talents it's not very strong at all.

Once you get higher and have some gear(I'd say 40) then annihilation is much better outside pvp. Rage is competitive in PvP at least.

Edited by DrekorSilverfang

Yeah right now I feel as if I dont have enough time to put up my dots because by the time i have enough rage again to put up my dot after a charge>smash the mobs are already near death. And right now too even silver mobs die faster....

I remembered levelling my assassin I never really encountered gold mobs till alderaan+

I guess my new question is which spec will help me level faster, not necessarily more efficient with life steal and such but the fastest spec to 50?

Yeah right now I feel as if I dont have enough time to put up my dots because by the time i have enough rage again to put up my dot after a charge>smash the mobs are already near death. And right now too even silver mobs die faster....

I remembered levelling my assassin I never really encountered gold mobs till alderaan+

I guess my new question is which spec will help me level faster, not necessarily more efficient with life steal and such but the fastest spec to 50?

I really wouldn't recommend annihilation until 40... not having all your talents for high up time on berserk, the rage generation or annihilate really suck. Once you get 40 though I very much recommend switching. Rage is good pretty much the whole way and I'd say carnage picks up about 30.

I had no problems whatsoever leveling as Anni from lvl 10. Rage has nothing over anni at early levels, smash does same dmg until you get the 100% crit and increased dmg and not until 40 you have a reliable way outside of a 1min cd - 50s talented force choke.

Am lvl 36 atm, and dealing with packs of 5-6 normals is very basic, leap in with cloak on, and spamm sweeping slash with DS on. Would a big slam crit clear them faster? Yes. But really I don't have a problem spending 2 more globals on Sweeping Slash to clear packs of normals, when I melt strongs and elites faster than rage can dream off.

With Quinn, you can solo all hero 2 with easy without any CC, packs of 1 elite and 2 silvers are no problem (of course, keeping your gear up to date is mandatory for all specs, same for your companion).

After leveling a Focus Sentinel to 50 (equi of Rage on empire), I can defo say that annihilation is the better PvE spec (i did fool around with combat = carnage some, but wasn't really my playstyle to spam same button over and over then do a rotation with gore). While Anni starts slower, and doesn't get any burst dmg outside of ravage until Annihilate, Rage is same thing, you only gain buffs to swipe and another skill to buff it's dmg, your overall damage won't improve which is what Rage is missing, you have 1 big hitters every 18s (not counting 50s force choke), and in rest you do ravage, VS, Scream and rage builders.

Then again, in the end, it all comes to playstyle taste & feeling of a spec, so you should try them all 3 yourself and learn them before making any judgement :)