The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Best DPS companion

dardack

Gault or Torian

I ask because obviously Torian can have our hand me down dps or extra columni tokens (like blizz for tanking) but can't have a modable weapon.

Gault is ranged, modable weapon but need all diff gear for him.

Thinking Gault because of range/modable weapon. Just looking for some others thoughts.

Been 3 manning heroics with Blizz tanking, but I can tanking in CP hybrid with full DPS gear on, figure it'd be better to have a dps gear toon.

(Right now mako/blizz all decked out in moddable gear with the 50-56 mods and even have a piece of rakata for mako).

Gault. When you get to running ops you will notice that 65-85% (seriously, at least for us) of the loot is Imperial Agent tokens/gear and you will most likely only have 1 maybe 2 running with you so there will be alot of greeded (since ML is still retarded) Agent gear going around!

Gault. When you get to running ops you will notice that 65-85% (seriously, at least for us) of the loot is Imperial Agent tokens/gear and you will most likely only have 1 maybe 2 running with you so there will be alot of greeded (since ML is still retarded) Agent gear going around!

Awesome, ty.

There's other things to consider, but yes, Gault will do more damage than any of your other companions.

First off, he's ranged - he doesnt have to waste time chasing moving targets or charging into melee. Being ranged also keeps him out of AOE's that Torian has to eat.

Second - it's very easy to get imperial agent gear, I have 3 pieces of columi and 1 piece of tionese gear for Gault (Another bonus is that you can use the same set of gear - other than weapon - for both gault and mako, making it easy to have both a dps and healer companion ready to go at any time).

Third - there are currently no orange-quality (moddable) techstaffs or techblades in the game. This means that Torian, at best, will be using a purple (epic) crafted staff from an armstech, or more likely the blue staff from the lights out heroic daily mission. Gault, on the other hand, can easily get an orange-quality sniper rifle or blaster rifle, which you can mod with the grade 50/51 mods from daily missions or endgame drops.