Does focus acceptable in pvp ?

xfightx

Focus is fine in pvp.

My numbers in lvl 50 full matches range anywhere from 280-430k in full matches against well geared bm's.

Focus offers great mobility and snaring (FE and Cauterize) with the ability to practically chain cast transcendence, along with zealous leap (speed bonus). It has the best burst/AE damage. Its a good setup for having an immediate impact, as oppsed to relying more on 1v1 scenarios (watchman).

I have played both specs at 50 and can say Focus is far superior in war zones. 1vs1 watchman has the clear advantage, but imo sentinels are the very best at guarding objectives because of our defensive cool downs and invis. This is going to put you in the middle of a group of people, where focus shines.

As for focus not doing damage, your doing something wrong, i average 300k damage quing solo, and have topped out over 500k, watchman is the spec seriously lacking in damage. The only knight that beats my damage on the server is a focus Guardian who ques with a healer.

I consider watchman a 1vs1 spec with nice interrupts, but believe Focus fits the role at which sentinel's excel at better, and produces more damage with less hotkeys

Focus is AOE...

While I play Watchman in PvP currently, Focus is a perfectly fine spec to utilize. The play style is quite fun and it punches out some nice burst damage. It is true that Focus is definitely a much more potent AOE damage spec for PvP, but the single target damage is still very solid as well.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.