I want some clarification on the Oceanic launch

Dire-Wolf

I have a few questions about the Asia Pacific launch and was wondering if anyone could answer them (hopfully a CM will pop by).

1: The game will be launching in Hong Kong and Singapore alongside Australia and New Zealand. Presumably we will be playing in the same server set. I am curious whether or not we will have servers in that set clearly marked as Australian, New Zealand, Hong Kong and Singapore?

The reason this is such a big deal is, and I mean no offence to Hong Kong or Singapore here, that many Australians and New Zealanders would rather be playing with people whos primary language is English and I'm sure people from Hong Kong and Singapore would rather play with people who primarily speak their own language as well.

2: How will cross server groups for warzones and maybe one day flashpoints and operations be handled on these Asian Pacific servers? Will we all be part of the same server group or will we be seperated by country?

This question comes back to the same reason as the one above. Queueing up for group content and then getting placed with a bunch of people who don't speak your language isn't an enjoyable experience for either side of the fence. Just look at how many threads pop up on the WoW forums about people not enjoying getting placed with groups of Brazilians.

3: How soon after the launch will we be able to transfer our characters to these servers?

Once these transfers are available how long will it take for our character to transfer over?

I understand not having it available day one but I'd like to see it available at least a week after the launch. My main concern here is simple making sure my characters keep their names when they transfer and every day that goes by is a day someone might create a character with my name on an Aus server and force me to change mine when I come over. I'm also slightly concerned about how long it will take to actually transfer the character since the Asia Pacific severs physical location will be a long way away from where the US servers currently are.

4: Speaking of which where are these severs actually going to be located?

5: Will my Legacy level transfer over with me?

6: Any plan to launch some sort of CE in this region? I already have mine but I'm sure a lot of people who held out for the official release here will be quite disappointed they can't get one.

Dear Dire Wolf,

Please read the launch announcment regarding some of your questions. Others will be announced at a later date.

Next I'd suggest you lookup what the official languages of Singapore are and also to some extent what percentage of Hong Kong speak English (remember prior to the handback Hong Kong was controlled by the UK).

P.S. There is also a sticky thread at the top of the page for discussing the launch, maybe you would like to post there.

Regards,

An Informed Australian.

I have a few questions about the Asia Pacific launch and was wondering if anyone could answer them (hopfully a CM will pop by).

1: The game will be launching in Hong Kong and Singapore alongside Australia and New Zealand. Presumably we will be playing in the same server set. I am curious whether or not we will have servers in that set clearly marked as Australian, New Zealand, Hong Kong and Singapore?

The reason this is such a big deal is, and I mean no offence to Hong Kong or Singapore here, that many Australians and New Zealanders would rather be playing with people whos primary language is English and I'm sure people from Hong Kong and Singapore would rather play with people who primarily speak their own language as well.

You really need to read up more if you think like that.

5: Will my Legacy level transfer over with me?

This I will like to know as well. Will there be an option to transfer legacy?