The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Parakeet pro's, help me.

OeSan

So I have a few questions I hope some of the CP users can help me with. First off, I'm full pyro lvl 33, just finished chapter 1 and I downright love this AC, but have done very little pvp. I had altitus before the PT and am trying to catch up to my guildies as well as enjoying the **** out of the story. My first question, is it worth lvling as full pyro then respeccing? as i plan? should I stop at the most important pyro skills and move on? If so to what? Proto or Tanking skills next?

Also what stance are you using in the parakeet spec? I would wager mostly always Ion for the added punch (pun intended) and armour) but if so, why spec into the pyro one too? Are there added bonuses to having both available?

I am really liking pyro but im guessing the added def from ion stance, and the dmg on punch, as well as the rocket charge are the reasons to go this hybrid known as the parakeet? Anything im missing?

Thanks in advance.

Parakeet doesn't really start working as intended until level 44. At that point you have enough levels to get your Rocket Punch reset from the tank line plus the Rail Shot reset from Pyro. That's the focus of the build, constant RP and RS resets.

Before then you'll fare better with a different build. Full Pyro, full Shield, heavy Shield with a little AP thrown in (Quell CD is pretty awesome), whatever floats your boat. I stayed mostly tank spec until 48 since I was doing a lot of FPs while leveling but there's lots of fun to be had with other builds.

Parakeet isn't a leveling spec, mainly because the things that make it a good spec are impossible to get at the same time until the 40s. Level as a pure DPS, either Prototype or Pyro. ST is viable, (anything is viable for leveling), but the dps trees are more fun.