Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

30 minute penalty for warzone cowards

BocaProwler

Did a patch I miss put in a penalty for dying in a warzone?

Two nights ago, while defending a node on Alderaan, I called for help, had 2 inc. I see a stealthed Shadow in the area not helping me out. I figured he might be waiting for me to die, then keep them busy till I get back. When I did die, on my way back to the speeder, I see his purple mark on the map running away from the node. As I land the node is captured, and as a direct result of that we lose (game was close to ending, we were up).

Today while fighting at the middle turret I die, as I am running mid again (point was not captured) I see 3 players on our side running away, as the other side is capping.

Is this common, or am I on a chicken chit server?

It happens. In my personal experience, and this is just my opinion and nothing more, is that this game has some of the stupidest, most moronic PvP players I have ever seen in all my life. This is not an exaggeration. I've done PvP in every MMO I've ever played, and people in SWTOR are just abysmal.

Not all of them, obviously, but a vast majority. It is very, very rare that I find myself in a group where even 3-4 people are capable of functioning as a unit.

Players don't always make the right choices in PvP and screw things up massively. Some don't know the objectives, some are just looking for kills, etc. Unless you're on a set team, it's a crap shoot.

My first reaction was shock, so I tried to find out why he left the node instead of protecting it. This player I won't name is under the impression that the only thing important is not to die and get some kills.

I've seen him in a few WZ after that, he does the same thing. He cloaks and waits until he sees another player alone and almost dead, then strikes, then recloaks.

He ends up every match I have see him with 5-15 kills and 0-1 deaths, with 20k damage. When I tried to explain to him that protecting the nodes is very important, he calls me stupid and tells me to l2p. :eek:

My first reaction was shock, so I tried to find out why he left the node instead of protecting it. This player I won't name is under the impression that the only thing important is not to die and get some kills.

I've seen him in a few WZ after that, he does the same thing. He cloaks and waits until he sees another player alone and almost dead, then strikes, then recloaks.

He ends up every match I have see him with 5-15 kills and 0-1 deaths, with 20k damage. When I tried to explain to him that protecting the nodes is very important, he calls me stupid and tells me to l2p. :eek:

i hate HATE HATE those players deserves a sucker punch irl

hehe, wouldn't wanna be his teammate.

Personally, I was confused over the objectives of Voidstar and Huttball for the longest time. Civil War is pretty straight forward, but I can see how some people wouldn't understand the importance of capping and holding at first. Most times, I just have my head down fighting and don't notice the idiocy of others, unless it's really effecting the outcome.

lol unfortunately there are people like that, who dont understand that the wzs are OBJECTIVE BASED and not some tdm....but that dude is a real whimp who leaves a node for one cheap kill and better yet he tells you to l2p...guy sounds like a comedian

lol unfortunately there are people like that, who dont understand that the wzs are OBJECTIVE BASED and not some tdm....but that dude is a real whimp who leaves a node for one cheap kill and better yet he tells you to l2p...guy sounds like a comedian

Slinger here. But that is how the medals are designed. He's probably crafting and running missions while farming valor and medals.

Winning is not objectively important enough if you understand the system. Win, lose, draw?

Its about numbers played. X matches + Y Medals = Accomadations + valor.

Sure winning helps the math. But if you do so at the expense of other ventures and making credits is it a net positive.

You probably need to ask bioware to grant medals for that column called objectives and reward those instrumental in winning wz's. Not those who kill farmed while running missions while afking and folding laundry.

rewards system needs an overhaul, playing for the win will very often earn less medals than death match play, so of course people won't be playing to win.

they also have different ideas on what is a winning strategy if they do want a win, usually the worst ones.

Slinger here. But that is how the medals are designed. He's probably crafting and running missions while farming valor and medals.

Winning is not objectively important enough if you understand the system. Win, lose, draw?

Its about numbers played. X matches + Y Medals = Accomadations + valor.

Sure winning helps the math. But if you do so at the expense of other ventures and making credits is it a net positive.

You probably need to ask bioware to grant medals for that column called objectives and reward those instrumental in winning wz's. Not those who kill farmed while running missions while afking and folding laundry.

i agree with you on the part where bioware needs to add medals so when people are acutally doing the objective are rewarded (the 1k/3k defender points thing is crap) but doubt bioware will listen since they rather listen to a bunch of qqers qqing about the little things rather than fixing the medal system to help reward players for actually playing the game and fixing exploits (the 8v12 thing/hearing something bout a speed hack too), punishing quitters (quitters should have a 15 min time period where they cant reque)...but they rather focus on the little thing

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.