Wal-Mart game orders and SWTOR

Tensleep

Contacted Wal-Mart about game order. I wanted to know the delivery date for early access. Was assured by customer service that game would not ship prior to 12/20/11. With holiday mail backed up and Christmas season, game may not arrive until after Christmas sometime. Stephen Reid said that Wal-Mart per-orders would be covered and we would be allowed access. That is the only reason I didn't cancel my order and go with brick and mortar. I will cancel in two days and go with a digital download, if I can't gain early access as advertised. Wal-Mart was presented as a retailer to meet the needs of gamers shopping to purchase SWTOR by http://buy.swtor.com/us/ . It is where I shopped and was linked to Wal-Mart because they were the only ones left with a version I wanted. What will Wal-Mart and SWTOR do? Any conjecture?

You don't need your physical copy of the game for early access. You will need it on the 20th in order to continue playing once early access ends, as at that point, you will need to enter your CD Key and set up a subscription option. Know one knows for sure when Walmart will ship CEs, though they still seem to be telling people the 20th. If that's the case, many of us will be without game access for several days and maybe even until after Christmas. Stephen Reid said he would have an update on US retailer shipping later today.

I tweeted Stephen Reid to ask if he was still planning on providing more info on US ship dates today, but haven't received a response.

Here's his tweet from last night:

I'm afraid I have no further updates on retailers and shipping, but it's moving about at very high levels. More tomorrow on that.

Official word is that:

* EA never told anybody to not ship before the 20th. (paraphrased but potential for CYA reinterpretation of the original vague statement left intact - after all it doesn't tell us what somebody at EA told them they were SUPPOSED to do or whether or not they actually got their allotments yet)

* Stephen Reid (general gist - not quote) - We're bugging sales/marketing about it. We're looking into it. We're working with retailers to figure out what's up.

Amazon customers seem to have no problems getting versions other than CE to a release-day shipping status. If you have RD and CE, DON'T MESS WITH YOUR ORDER. See my sig for how that goes.

RD was offered in early October. Then the option vanished. Then people started noticing it would break and you would lose the option to reselect it. Multiple retailers are saying there will be no ship before the 20th. I do not see how it would be to their advantage to not ship by then.

I think EA/BW is the side of this that has the information and needs to explain what's up, especially since if grace hadn't been cancelled none of us would be sweating this right now. Amazon is clearly delighted to ship ASAP in mainland Europe. What the heck is going on?

The question I've been hunting an answer for is

Walmart cancelled my preorder but I already recieved and redeemed by preorder code

So now that I'm forced to go with another retailer, is my preorder still active? Is that cancelled?

I have no idea what is going on and the confusion surrounding this is making me a bit irate.

Why can't a silly MMO just let you register and pay for your first month or months in advance and let you use the client you already downloaded day one instead of screwing around with all these middleman retailers and shipping and hoping stuff will arrive and prancing about dangling early access carrots in front of people before snatching them away.

are you shure they canceld your order. mine was listed as canceled for a few days they had a large error and listed all orders as canceled but now there all listed as processing. ive been trying to get answers from walmart but they are not replying even when you call it says in a automated phone message that processing can take up to 48 hours but its about week now.

I saw that Wal-mart charged my account for my CE. They usually don't do that until they have the item in stock and ready for shipping. Usually 48 hours after my card has been charged I get a tracking number. Hopefully we'll see them arrive late this week or early next.

They refunded the money. Even the email they sent out saying 'don't worry if the order gets cancelled' said that if you got a refund it was really cancelled.

Yet, my code is still entered.

My account page says I've used it and I have beta access.

Can't get a word out of Bioware on the issue and I've been posting about it for awhile now. Customer support just sends me automated responses.

They refunded the money. Even the email they sent out saying 'don't worry if the order gets cancelled' said that if you got a refund it was really cancelled.

Yet, my code is still entered.

My account page says I've used it and I have beta access.

Can't get a word out of Bioware on the issue and I've been posting about it for awhile now. Customer support just sends me automated responses.

If you used paypal, your order is not canceled, despite the refund. Check your order status page now.

To answer your other question, even if your preorder IS canceled for real, it does not affect your place in line for early access. Stephen Reid has said this MANy times on twitter. Once you enter a pre-order code, there is no way for it to be removed from your account. You will get early access based on the date you entered your code.

are you shure they canceld your order. mine was listed as canceled for a few days they had a large error and listed all orders as canceled but now there all listed as processing. ive been trying to get answers from walmart but they are not replying even when you call it says in a automated phone message that processing can take up to 48 hours but its about week now.

Mine is listed as processing, but at the same time they refunded my money last week before their site updated from canceled to processing. I would still love to know how they plan on getting my money now since I had originally paid by Paypal.

early access is not the issue here. we are worryed about what happens on the 20th when we cant get any info on shiping dates or if its going to ship at all for us being we all got the canceled issue

i dont care about early access i care about being able to play on the 20th.

Edited by Zen-Truehazzrd

I am getting aggravated by the run around concerning when shipments will go out and the removal of the grace period. Walmart says they will not be able to ship till the 20th. Bw/ea say they will not offer a grace period. Everytime I message SR on twitter he says "update coming" or "we are working on it". If the game does not ship from walmart by tomorrow or thursday, then it will not be here by launch and I (and many others) will be locked out on the 20th.

I have been optimistic up till today, but seeing as how time is running out and all of the suddden all questions of this nature are being ignored by SR on twitter and by the devs on the forums, I am sure that people in the same boat I am will just be screwed!

:mad::csw_redsaber:

Edited by Kubatech

I'm in the same boat with Walmart.

I've talked to Walmart.com, and our local walmart and I've found something interesting. While they obviously share many things, the .com and the store are different organizations.

Bioware is saying they are going to have the copies to walmart.COM by the 20th, but that doesn't help the people who ordered it because we can't go to walmart.COM and pick it up.

Hence why my shipment date is on the 30th of December, and I'll never, ever order a game from Walmart again. I wanted to just simply order my game from a "brick and morter" and thought that is what I was doing, until I'm realizing now I didn't at all.

I went to our local walmart and asked the guy in the games area, if he thought it was fair that I preordered a game from walmart, and I'm going to have to wait 10 days after someone who would just walk into the store and purchase it. His response was somewhat funny..

"That is why you never order a game at Walmart.com."

Edited by Syrra

i got this e-mail from walmart when i asked about why im still listed as processing and when will my item ship.

We are sending you this automated response to help you with your question.

You can find the most up-to-date status and tracking information for your order by signing into "My Account" at:

We offer three shipping methods for most items:

·Standard Shipping (2 to 4 business days)

·Expedited Shipping (2 to 3 business days)

·Rush Shipping (1 business day)

Holiday Shipping Dates schedule:

·Mon., Dec 19: Last day for Ground shipping and S2S purchases

·Tues., Dec 20: Last day for Expedited shipping purchases

·Weds., Dec 21: Last day for Rush shipping purchases

Some items can also be shipped using:

·Freight (5 to 8 business days) - Available only for oversize or heavy items

·Site to Store (5 to 8 business days)

·Pick Up Today (4 hours)- Available only for items with the Pick Up Today Flag on the site

Site to Store will appear in the buying options table on the product details page if the item is eligible for that method.

·For Standard Shipping to Alaska, Hawaii or Puerto Rico, add 2-4 days.

·Shipments to military APO / FPO addresses and U.S. territories and protectorates should arrive in 3-6 weeks.

Weather-related shipping delays are not within the control of Walmart.com or the Marketplace Retailer.

got to love how my question was just ignored and i was sent this uselss list. like this list does me any good with out a shipping date.........

Edited by Zen-Truehazzrd

I got this response from Walmart:

"Hi -----,

Thank you for contacting Walmart.com regarding your order.

-----, we sincerely apologize that the tracking information for your order was not available during your visit to Walmart.com. We strive to provide our customers with the best online experience possible; with that in mind, please be assured that we are working as quickly as possible to get that section of the site resolved. Please continue to check periodically for resumed functionality. Your order has been already processed and The Stars Wars Collector's Edition will ship on 12/20. If they ordered the Star Wars Base game, it will arrive on 12/20.

-----, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you, and appreciate your understanding for the situation, we will do our best to resolve this matter. We value your input in continually improving your online shopping experience. Your satisfaction is our number one priority!

If we have not fully answered your question or you have additional questions, please reply to this email."

So CE orders won't be shipping until the 20th while SE orders will arrive the 20th... Bioware dropping the ball?

just got another e-mail from walmart and now the nerd rage can start

Thank you for contacting Walmart.com regarding your order information. We are glad to assist you with this matter.

Jason, Your order ********** for Collecter's Edition Early Access Code (PC), and Star Wars: The Old Republic Collector's Edition (PC/ Mac), is processing. You should receive your order no later than 12/30/11. Once it has shipped, you will receive a shipment confirmation e-mail containing the tracking information. Your items will be sent to your home.

12/30/11 ? so yeah theres a new hole in the wall next to my computer desk. i am so sick of these games

just got another e-mail from walmart and now the nerd rage can start

Thank you for contacting Walmart.com regarding your order information. We are glad to assist you with this matter.

Jason, Your order ********** for Collecter's Edition Early Access Code (PC), and Star Wars: The Old Republic Collector's Edition (PC/ Mac), is processing. You should receive your order no later than 12/30/11. Once it has shipped, you will receive a shipment confirmation e-mail containing the tracking information. Your items will be sent to your home.

12/30/11 ? so yeah theres a new hole in the wall next to my computer desk. i am so sick of these games

INC nerdrage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBeAjISBb2U