Server Population is GROWING!

Azzras

growing where? fleet 45....... went to every planet on weekend at prime hours. tatoonie had 15 republic, every pvp planet from nar shadda to belsalvis had less then 15. Illium can't count it since you get like 20 fps if that.

Its funny many games are doing server pvp with thousand players or hundreds yet we cant even find but a handful on each planet and can barely run it with 30 to 40 people on screen in illium do to fps issues.

Edited by madmikeyb

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Subs are dropping and the peeps that are staying are leaving their servers for more populated ones. Its called migration and will continue until only a few servers are full and the vast majority are all but barren wastelands. It began after the first month and there is nothing to stop it, perhaps Bioware will learn from this mistake and not make a total fudge-up of a possible Mass Effect mmo......perhaps:rolleyes:

Was on a high pop EU server that went to standard peak time, changed to high pop US server which is now standard at peak time, 72 people in fleet.

They are now complaining in general chat how empty it is, a lot of the Aussies are trying out their new servers with new toons, prospect for this game does not look good.

I have just looked at that torstatus and my server is hovering between light and standard for the last three days. I wont re-sub I am not levelling another alt again on a third server.:(

Edited by ycephyre

Funny how two weeks ago this was not the game for you but you still are defending it....

How is it NOT the game for me? I've never said that...but glad to hear you're stalking me, lol. Didn't know I had fans.

I have said that certain aspects of the game design around level 50 aren't very appealing..namely gear grind and the silly numbers of strong mobs.

I think you must have me confused with someone else.

As to those posting MMO Junkies data, I thought I'd post these notes and FAQ from the site:

Note: Values in y-axis DOES NOT represent player count but instead aggregated server-status. For more information about interpreting them and explanation on how they're acquired, please visit our FAQ page.

Can I make guesses on overall subscription count based on these graphs?

NO YOU SHOULDN'T be relying on them to make so guesses.

that is directly from the site admin...the one collecting the data.

How is it NOT the game for me? I've never said that...but glad to hear you're stalking me, lol. Didn't know I had fans.

I have said that certain aspects of the game design around level 50 aren't very appealing..namely gear grind and the silly numbers of strong mobs.

I think you must have me confused with someone else.

Never said that?

I think I hit my deal-breaker last night when I realized I had to upgrade my gear AGAIN.

I'd just finished upgrading my gear to lvl 40 items, but now at level 42, I'm seeing the signs that I need to upgrade my gear, namely Strong MOBs who take me to 1/4 health, groups of standards causing me trouble, etc. When my gear is on level, these situations are no problem for me. Moreover, when my gear is on-level, I can typically take MOBs that are a few levels above me. But not so anymore. And the need to re-gear so soon is quite pathetic, in my opinion.

The fact that this game becomes more gear-dependent as you level tells me it's not the game for me. I'm not an effing hamster to be set on the gear-grind hamster wheel. I want to enjoy the story (and I do), but the continued burden of having to gear up to enjoy this story is NOT fun. At all.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=290609&page=7

New regions that couldnt even make a wait time of more than 5 minutes on one server at 4:30PM local time? And only has 3 servers? You can see the screen shot in this post...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=335705

At least we can assume that the majority are new players, as character transfer will take two months.

And to make clear what the serverload stats mean:

they measure the time a server has been in a certain status.

can you calculate exact numbers of people logged in? no!

can you tell the number of subs? bigger no! (even if exact numbers were provided)

can you see a trend in people actually logging in? yes.

Edited by Tiddex

New regions that couldnt even make a wait time of more than 5 minutes on one server at 4:30PM local time? And only has 3 servers? You can see the screen shot in this post...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=335705

And more people are buying the game. Sitting in the top 10 on amazon right now I believe.

Stop with doomsaying. It's unhealthy.

:D

(BW increased server cap on those servers most likely...just an fyi)

61 new and used selling from 22.38!

Oh the rage...lol

Yup, Amazon has a limited time sell. Which means more people are playing...which means the population is growing...which means more subs...which means more players....which means your rage is going to increase because the game isn't failing....which will make me lol.

Oh the rage...lol

Yup, Amazon has a limited time sell. Which means more people are playing...which means the population is growing...which means more subs...which means more players....which means your rage is going to increase because the game isn't failing....which will make me lol.

I have no rage. Not sure what I said to make you think I'm even mad. Its a game and a bad one. nothing to be mad at.

Last night 10:30 CST NA servers there were only 2 heavy and the rest were split between light and standard. The heavy server I rollled a new toon on last week is now light or standard all the time. It's clear what is going on even if you do not want to believe it.

Oh the rage...lol

The game is growing? Must be every other server than the one I play on then. In Jan. there were queues to get onto my server, now it is standard at prime time. Want to know what I am upset about? It's paying a sub to play a single player game, because that is what it is turning into. I don't want the game to fail or shrink, I want it to succeed.

I have no rage. Not sure what I said to make you think I'm even mad. Its a game and a bad one. nothing to be mad at.

Last night 10:30 CST NA servers there were only 2 heavy and the rest were split between light and standard. The heavy server I rollled a new toon on last week is now light or standard all the time. It's clear what is going on even if you do not want to believe it.

What's clear is sells are up, new players are joining, and I consider this to be a good game. One day it will be great.

Question:

If this is such a bad game, why would you waste your time on the forums?

I think that you like the game and see it's future potential. You just like to portray a negative outlook on the internet because it's 'in'.

Just my 2 credits.

;)

The game is growing? Must be every other server than the one I play on then. In Jan. there were queues to get onto my server, now it is standard at prime time. Want to know what I am upset about? It's paying a sub to play a single player game, because that is what it is turning into. I don't want the game to fail or shrink, I want it to succeed.

I would also like it to succeed!

I would like to be able to find a group in a reasonable amount of time, lets say 30 minutes.

I will not resub when my 3 month is up if it keeps going this way, if it changes, I will.

What's clear is sells are up, new players are joining, and I consider this to be a good game. One day it will be great.

Question:

If this is such a bad game, why would you waste your time on the forums?

I think that you like the game and see it's future potential. You just like to portray a negative outlook on the internet because it's 'in'.

Just my 2 credits.

;)

Ha, there is nothing to portray. I want the game to succeed, however I'm a realist and see whats going on.

Ha, there is nothing to portray. I want the game to succeed, however I'm a realist and see whats going on.

Well then, here's some reality for you.

FACT:

Game is selling exponentially right now.

FACT:

More sells = more people

FACT:

I like pizza.