Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Server Population is GROWING!

Azzras

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fleet used to only have about 50-60 republic players, but now during prime time has over 100!

As BW releases more copies of the game, more players log in.

Tis a good day.

Edit:

I added these screenshots from the thread: NA Server Status 9:48 EST: Population Thriving!

That thread was created on February 18, 2012.

http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z392/Azzras/SWTOR4.png

http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z392/Azzras/SWTOR3.png

http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z392/Azzras/SWTOR2.png

http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z392/Azzras/SWTOR1.png

Release more copies of the game? My local game store has a shelf full of this game that it cannot sell. My server is DEAD.

So where does it show a increase? Please I looked and just didnt see it so please tell me where you found the increase.

Also are you talking about the intentially worded statement where he said they had 1.7 million active subs where most were resubscribing accounts. (Bioware loves using the words most and soon dont they). Most can mean in that statement 850,001 to 1,400,000. Thats a pretty large margin to cover with the word most.

I dont think anyone believed that they didnt have had at least 1 million real subs but complained how they worded it. They sure didnt have over 1.4 million subs that had teh opertunity to cancel and renewed instead. That is provable and has been proven. I think my guess back on the first was 1.2 million.

That graph is SO pointless that you can see whatever you want to see depending on the time of the day. That goes both ways btw

Also, relax, when you get angry your spelling gets terrible and it's a pain for the eyes

And I say the game is thriving. All one must do is log in and play.

We are at a stalemate, m8.

;)

Honestly it's really pointless debating it....if anyone says that the server population is growing the usual suspects will claim it isn't, when they are shown screen shots of the vast majority of the servers showing heavy or very heavy the screen shots were either photoshopped or they accuse Bioware of lowering the server threshold.

Next year the exact same people will be right here screaming how the game is dying and will be F2P in no time.

It's like a broken record only much more tedious.

Honestly it's really pointless debating it....if anyone says that the server population is growing the usual suspects will claim it isn't, when they are shown screen shots of the vast majority of the servers showing heavy or very heavy the screen shots were either photoshopped or they accuse Bioware of lowering the server threshold.

Next year the exact same people will be right here screaming how the game is dying and will be F2P in no time.

worse, it's like an angry-swv-vet-broken record

oh, ye knoweth nothing of anger if ye knoweth not ye angry swg vet

its unlikely if they are disgusted with the game that they will be anywhere near this game or its forum. As someone with an analytical eye, it was quite apparent to see the forum die the last month or so too.. I don't even need to log into this game to tell that its most likely lost 60% of its box sales as subs. You would post a thread and it would be on the 2nd page when you hit refresh 10 seconds later... now, the forums have slowed to a crawl and that is very apparent to anyone who noticed how busy it was in early January.

You people can debate this topic till your blue in the face, its pointless drivel and a huge waste of time. I just find this forum so comical its sometimes addictive in nature.. too bad the game doesn't offer as much fun lol

There is always people in server I play

Yesterday there were about 190 people in Dromun Kaas during prime time and minimum of 80 ish at slow times

Server is The Harbringer

That was one of the 5 or so servers that were always heavy.. I'm not surprised by your comment. gratz..

Weird because myself and few friends went back to WOW, EQ2 and LOTRO several times for different lengths of time.

Of course, it's my personal experience so I am not going to extrapolate it into some sort of cosmic law, the same way you did there

But hey, you're the boss!

PS removing that signature might help with getting people to take you seriously, otherwise they might think you are trolling ;)

You don't think the signature is true? Star Wars: TOR is a great game, except for space combat (stars) and PVP (wars). Level 1-49, it's probably the best MMO I've played. It's only at 50 that it grows stale. Again, I hope BW fixes that.

its unlikely if they are disgusted with the game that they will be anywhere near this game or its forum. As someone with an analytical eye, it was quite apparent to see the forum die the last month or so too.. I don't even need to log into this game to tell that its most likely lost 60% of its box sales as subs. You would post a thread and it would be on the 2nd page when you hit refresh 10 seconds later... now, the forums have slowed to a crawl and that is very apparent to anyone who noticed how busy it was in early January.

You people can debate this topic till your blue in the face, its pointless drivel and a huge waste of time. I just find this forum so comical its sometimes addictive in nature.. too bad the game doesn't offer as much fun lol

Just 60%? no I'm quite sure it's lost 90%...yep 90% of it's subs; I mean it has to be...

Of course

Earlier today on General Chat a lot of us on on my server were talking about how we pretty much abandon the General Forum because it wasn't about TOR...it was about how twenty or so people hated TOR...but they were wrong that isn't right it's because of the 90% sub loss...yep that's it.

:rolleyes:

You don't think the signature is true? Star Wars: TOR is a great game, except for space combat (stars) and PVP (wars). Level 1-49, it's probably the best MMO I've played. It's only at 50 that it grows stale. Again, I hope BW fixes that.

The beauty of MMOs is the ability to add more.

Fleet used to only have about 50-60 republic players, but now during prime time has over 100!

As BW releases more copies of the game, more players log in.

Tis a good day.

Edit:

I added these screenshots from the thread: NA Server Status 9:48 EST: Population Thriving!

That thread was created on February 18, 2012.

http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z392/Azzras/SWTOR4.png

http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z392/Azzras/SWTOR3.png

http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z392/Azzras/SWTOR2.png

http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z392/Azzras/SWTOR1.png

http://www.torstatus.net/shards/eu/stats

not checking american servers but eu´s populated server was 3 weeks ago at 2.44

and this weekend it hits 2.00 . dont know if some1 have already posted this, have only red the op.

thats kind of funny and true lol.. except 1-49 is the single player part of the game not the mmo part..

thats kind of funny and true lol.. except 1-49 is the single player part of the game not the mmo part..

So there are no Flashpoints, heroics, PvP, etc.?

I think there is another thread discussing this, but meh.

DOOOOOM

/sarcasm

OT:

The population is fine.

So there are no Flashpoints, heroics, PvP, etc.?

I think there is another thread discussing this, but meh.

DOOOOOM

/sarcasm

OT:

The population is fine.

no, no there isn't... cause the server population is dead on 90% of the servers.

That was sarcasm or you serious?

Serious. Two weeks ago during prime time there were 3 heavy servers a large section of standard and the rest light. In that two week period SWTOR one of the MMOs that has more issues with actual game play that people are complaining about on other sites including twitch and live streaming sites is going to grow into 31 heavy populated servers?

If that's the case I'll be right back I need to go find a goose to lay me some golden *** eggs.

And for clarification it was 1 full server, 31 heavy servers, a slew of standard servers and maybe at most 15-18 light servers NA side.

No game, not even WoW has ever grown that much in two weeks before the end of a billing cycle.

Edited by wrmrstacrdwower