Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Server Population is GROWING!

Azzras

The month of Jan is a holiday?

I was off for a couple of weeks in January. I get over a month off over xmas, as do many others.

But your point is that this game is plummeting, yes?

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the game for what it is and going back to WoW drove you here again.

May you find water and shade.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll help, it shows last night that the average servers were Standard/Heavy...almost equal.

For the US maybe, not Europe. I was checking them all night because the recent drop in my server population and there was only 1-2 heavy with the majority being standard. There was a couple light but too many.

I was off for a couple of weeks in January. I get over a month off over xmas, as do many others.

But your point is that this game is plummeting, yes?

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the game for what it is and going back to WoW drove you here again.

May you find water and shade.

Most people LOL is that the same as you saying that most of the servers were heavy. Trying to backtrack now since you were proven that you lied.

You can same moat people problable had off from dec 22- Jan2 and that would be acceptable but most people do not get off for a couple of weeks in Jan.

Maybe you can get your Yellow friends to delete the posts so no one can see you just make things up.

For the US maybe, not Europe. I was checking them all night because the recent drop in my server population and there was only 1-2 heavy with the majority being standard. There was a couple light but too many.

There's more then that right now for Europe:

19 heavy servers, 3 lights and the rest standard.

Those numbers to me on a sat night are much lower than they were in Dec and Jan and actually prove that less people are playing the game

Actually they don't prove that at all. It proves (assuming your numbers are correct) that the total time played is lower. There can be a couple reasons for this:

1 - Less people are playing

2 - The same amount or more people are playing but spending less hours in game.

When players first start a new game they play a lot more hours per week than they do once they play it for awhile. With a brand new game being released it's expected, which is why they left the queues in the beginning.

Edited by krinaman

And right now there are only 4...count em....4 light for EU.

A good chunk are heavy, the majority standard.

I'm starting to think that EU likes the game more than NA.

:)

Edited by Azzras

Most people LOL is that the same as you saying that most of the servers were heavy. Trying to backtrack now since you were proven that you lied.

You can same moat people problable had off from dec 22- Jan2 and that would be acceptable but most people do not get off for a couple of weeks in Jan.

Maybe you can get your Yellow friends to delete the posts so no one can see you just make things up.

Hold on....the pot is calling the kettle black???

A non-linear massive open world game, one where you are not tunnelled down any given path, freedom to wander. freedom to level where you want.

I've played many MMORPGs (age will remain anon! :D ).. and to be honest. They have never felt Linear, tunnel driven, static... my List include (SWG, EQ2, WoW, Conan, Vanguard, Rift.....).. whilst I've played these I've always felt as though I’ve been part of something big, real....

I can walk out of Stormwind.. walk straight through Childville (or whatever it's called.. it's been so long I forget it's name....), carry on across the fields and over a river. Now this is where it gets tricky... dodge the highish level wolves n spiders, and so on... but it's safer to go left or right... it's just open to explore.... Same with Rift, EQ2, SWG...... I remember, starting WoW in the good old Vanilla days and me and my mate would dare to explore as far as we could. It seemed endless, off the beaten track and all!

TOR gives the impression of openness, but it's not... people see an MMO as an escape to there normal lives, to exist in a seamless world/universe/Galaxy... I mean come on the planets are that small I did em in no time.... Alderan was a little more open granted, and Hoth.. but most others are way to small, I felt like I was wearing blinkers, and guided down each path.. I wanted to explore, discover.. be adventurous.. It felt like I was in a shoe box and wanted to punch the sides out!! I felt claustrophobic!

Space? Don’t make me larf!!

Granted the general MMO definition is:

MMO

1.(online gaming) A massively multiplayer online game. A computer game in which a large number of players can simultaneously interact in a persistent world.

2.(colloquial) A massively multiplayer online role-playing game.

But it's in my view loosley based on what most people generaly expect from an MMO, true MMO that is.

Visually SWTOR is superb, if not static. But it's not a true open world mmo... perhaps later things'll change. I do like the game as well, but itbasically KOTOR3 with some online play.. a bit like ermmm Battlefield 3, ermmm MW3.... and so on. So yeah for the not so fussy, I suppose it's a little like an MMO....

If you played some of those above mentioned MMOs you'd get what, I'm failing to get at...

So basically to YOU it is not an mmo...never will be. 100 percent convinced no

But in fact and reality..it is. A very good one nonetheless.

Hold on....the pot is calling the kettle black???

? Where have I said anything close to that?. I said 15 heavy servers and it was 19, when someone said they counted 20 I was ok with it and didnt say it wasnt. I also said 15 light server when it was 14, thats really exagerating it being off 1. Its definity could be the same as saying 19 servers is the same as 74 servers.

If you want to try and find something where I was that far off like she was them please find it and post it in here for everyone to see.

Stop trying to move the goal post.

People who are looking for this game to fail will ALWAYS move the posts continuously

It moved from:

"TOR won't sell more than 1 mill copies and will have less than 800,000 subs by month one" they were wrong, so they move to the next.

"man..this game really really is a single player game" hey, you have to put in EFFORT in order to group. Of course when you run around and you solo the whole game what is the impression going to be of that mmo you just played? Single Player right? duh

then it was

"This game is doomed without all these things, better lfg tool, better performance, more races, where is legacy, UI customization, giant fail, this game will fail." Now that this stuff is coming in March and much much more beyond that they can't take it so what happens? They will just come up with another thing to attack the game. ANYTHING to make it appear to other gullable people that the game is failing when it is not.

Oh and they tried server population which what this thread is about. They go:

"cmon..really..look at these servers!!! They are dropping fast YOU MUST DO SOMETHING to keep subs of this game"

I laugh at all these posts of the doomsayers and don't post in many of them at all. All I know is this fact

The game IS getting better, server population IS growing, more people ARE coming into the game, and this game IS growing. period

So the sky is falling?

You are really stretching...

OT:

The server population is fine.

The game is fine.

Enjoy.

Im not streaching anything. All I am saying is that there are less people playing the game now than there were in Dec and Jan. Its getting less and less. Just wait till Dec when its under 300,000. with the rate its going.

? Where have I said anything close to that?. I said 15 heavy servers and it was 19, when someone said they counted 20 I was ok with it and didnt say it wasnt. I also said 15 light server when it was 14, thats really exagerating it being off 1. Its definity could be the same as saying 19 servers is the same as 74 servers.

If you want to try and find something where I was that far off like she was them please find it and post it in here for everyone to see.

You are posting enough for all to see.

You were calling someone out for just making things up...when that's exactly what you've been doing.

Or are you going to post proof that the population is declining?

But I do recall some full and some very heavy servers in Dec and throughout Jan.

It is known that BW bumped up the cap on servers to accommodate 2 million people playing at once. You know, to get rid of ques.

I'm sorry that you didn't get into SWTOR, went back to WoW and quit, just to come back to SWTOR.

It's tough, but you'll be ok.

Im not streaching anything. All I am saying is that there are less people playing the game now than there were in Dec and Jan. Its getting less and less. Just wait till Dec when its under 300,000. with the rate its going.

This made me lol...the IP alone will keep it well over 1 million.

Edit:

My estimate is 2.5 - 3 million players this time next year.

Edited by Azzras

Here's an example of my last post. Just making things up......

Edited by Skoobie

People who are looking for this game to fail will ALWAYS move the posts continuously

It moved from:

"TOR won't sell more than 1 mill copies and will have less than 800,000 subs by month one" they were wrong, so they move to the next.

"man..this game really really is a single player game" hey, you have to put in EFFORT in order to group. Of course when you run around and you solo the whole game what is the impression going to be of that mmo you just played? Single Player right? duh

First off I never said that it would have less than 1 million sale and would like to know where you read this. Was it the WoW forums?

then it was

"This game is doomed without all these things, better lfg tool, better performance, more races, where is legacy, UI customization, giant fail, this game will fail." Now that this stuff is coming in March and much much more beyond that they can't take it so what happens? They will just come up with another thing to attack the game. ANYTHING to make it appear to other gullable people that the game is failing when it is not.

Once again something I didnt say and you do know the ones asking for LFG are the ones that are still playing. LFG will actually cause more people to quit IMO.

Oh and they tried server population which what this thread is about. They go:

"cmon..really..look at these servers!!! They are dropping fast YOU MUST DO SOMETHING to keep subs of this game"

Try reading the name of this thread and who posted it. It was someone who likes the game and is saying its not dying. The thread your thinking about is another one. This thread was made just like the other one. To show someones thought of whow the games doing. The OP did the exact same thing the OP of the other thread did but somehow its only the haters that get blamed even though the fanboiz done the exact same thing.

I laugh at all these posts of the doomsayers and don't post in many of them at all. All I know is this fact

The game IS getting better, server population IS growing, more people ARE coming into the game, and this game IS growing. period

Right and all the evidence points to the fact that you are lying and just want to think it is. People are comming into the game but at a much lesser pace than ones leaving. Just so you know more people leaving than joining is a decline.

Right and all the evidence points to the fact that you are lying and just want to think it is. People are comming into the game but at a much lesser pace than ones leaving. Just so you know more people leaving than joining is a decline.

Please provide this "evidence".

First off I never said that it would have less than 1 million sale and would like to know where you read this. Was it the WoW forums?

Once again something I didnt say and you do know the ones asking for LFG are the ones that are still playing. LFG will actually cause more people to quit IMO.

Try reading the name of this thread and who posted it. It was someone who likes the game and is saying its not dying. The thread your thinking about is another one. This thread was made just like the other one. To show someones thought of whow the games doing. The OP did the exact same thing the OP of the other thread did but somehow its only the haters that get blamed even though the fanboiz done the exact same thing.

Prove it. Show me where the servers are loosing people. You can't. Third party sites can't track population.

Stop trying to act like the game is dead. I posted pics that show a thriving population, and yet you still say DOOOOM.

I had once thought you were above this.

Prove to me they are dead.

I've given proof to the contrary of your claims. All you have posted is hearsay.

Edited by Azzras