Server Population is GROWING!

Azzras

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No.. just no. They need merges and xfers now.

Im on a server where... There are at max 10 people on ilum for republic at any given time.

most I have seen in republic fleet is 50 on weekends...

I'm also seeing the pop decrease every week, just from people I know who unsub every week because they still havent added xfers/merges

If there are only a handful of people on your server, by now you should be the only one left if people are unsubing every week.

j/k

Sorry you're on one of the few low pop servers. Every game has em, even WoW.

No.. just no. They need merges and xfers now.

Im on a server where... There are at max 10 people on ilum for republic at any given time.

most I have seen in republic fleet is 50 on weekends...

I'm also seeing the pop decrease every week, just from people I know who unsub every week because they still havent added xfers/merges

I have a Imp and Repub both lv 50 on the same server i see decreases every week.

More than Half the people i knew in early access quit already and more every day.

My sub ends march 20, if 1.2 sucks or we have no xfers/merge i wont sub again.

If there are only a handful of people on your server, by now you should be the only one left if people are unsubing every week.

j/k

Sorry you're on one of the few low pop servers. Every game has em, even WoW.

Few low pop? More than have the servers are low pop.

Are you judging all servers by your server?

I took screenshots that show the server status and it looked good.

Don't hate. It's not healthy.

That is incorrect. About 15% of servers are perpetually LIGHT at prime time (and always have been). The rest are STANDARD or higher.

I do agree that people are abandoning the LIGHT servers. Some are quiting until new patches and/or server transfers are activated. Some are rolling alts on other servers until server transfers are activated. Natural selection in action as the population settles in.

Edited by Andryah

I know among my friends, the more established gamers who play many games and tend to fall more toward the hardcore end of the spectrum are starting to move on while the more casual, story-oriented types are happy, staying and even winning over a few new recruits who haven't been MMO gamers typically. There is also a fair amount of refugees from underpopulated servers moving to heavier population ones with an eye toward faction balance.

My impression is that the game is sort of settling into it's real population as it's type of gamer realizes this is what they want. I think it has probably started to stabilize and there is still some growth potential as wanted fixes go active and more SW content continues to be released in other media. Maybe it will never be WoW. Maybe that is why some like it but, I think it will retain a viable population and a pretty loyal playerbase.

Thanks for your insight sir.

I have the feeling this is one game I will stay on. Sure a few months or so and I will not be on every free second but I will still be around and play.

I know among my friends, the more established gamers who play many games and tend to fall more toward the hardcore end of the spectrum are starting to move on while the more casual, story-oriented types are happy, staying and even winning over a few new recruits who haven't been MMO gamers typically. There is also a fair amount of refugees from underpopulated servers moving to heavier population ones with an eye toward faction balance.

My impression is that the game is sort of settling into it's real population as it's type of gamer realizes this is what they want. I think it has probably started to stabilize and there is still some growth potential as wanted fixes go active and more SW content continues to be released in other media. Maybe it will never be WoW. Maybe that is why some like it but, I think it will retain a viable population and a pretty loyal playerbase.

Completely agree. This is the space SWTOR is aiming for, and people that expected otherwise where fooling themselves. No one is making a 100million dollar + MMO over 5 years to just attract hardcores.

I am personally surprised that more of the players trying to pushg for this game to become a more standard style MMO don't realize what this game is but, in their defense BioWare could have been much more clear about what I believe their intended market is. I don't think they specifically marketted it as a hardcore friendly game and alot of of the writing was on the walls to me but, they did stop short of dispelling such misconceptions and merely reiterated what info they were releasing about the game's features.

I'd hate to see them move their focus from what they offer but, at the same time I'd defintely like to see some big additions in the sand-box categories that I think would enhance what they have made nicely. So, I guess I can see where the unsatisfied hard-cores are coming from when they call for changes in their direction. As the population settles in now, I think they should more clearly define what their game is and begin to enhance the realization of that design as best it can be done.

1 month ago my server was listed as heavy at prime and had about 80 ppl at fleet prime-time.

Most servers when I signed on were standard-heavy-very hevay-full.

1 month later my server is either light or standard with 35-40 ppl at fleet prime-time. 10-25 players most hours.

When signing on and checking servers they are all either light or standard. Maybe one exception or two that are heavy.

You have to be extremely deluded and have some sort of weird attachment to this game if you can't see/admit that the game is losing subs.

It's like some ppl feel their lives will collapse if they are forced to admit that this game that they identify their whole existence with is not doing better than WoW:P

How do you know people are unsubscribing...maybe just not playing? Waiting like i read some people are on the forums? Perhaps people are just Bsing and saying they are unsub but really just doing nothing but waiting?

That is incorrect. About 15% of servers are perpetually LIGHT at prime time (and always have been). The rest are STANDARD or higher.

That's NA servers. Only in recent weeks have there appeared perpetually Light EU servers, and they are all English language PvP servers. About four now.

How do you know people are unsubscribing...maybe just not playing? Waiting like i read some people are on the forums? Perhaps people are just Bsing and saying they are unsub but really just doing nothing but waiting?

I am not saying every poster is totally truthful but, their are enough posts saying people are unsubbing and enough personal anecdotal evidence that it is sort of hard to deny that many are. Personally for me, I don't bother questioning the reported actions of individual posters unless it reaks of fabrication or alot hinges on a specific detail. Ultimately, everything in these forums is suspect and you have take a little of it on faith to be true if your going to discuss anything.

The game is either losing population or people are playing way more casually. A cursory examination of NA servers over the past several weeks shows increase in the number of light servers and an obvious decline of heavy/very heavy servers. On the corellian run, a former very heavy server average planetary pop has dropped dramatically a.d its painful trying to put together a daily group. Hardly a scientific assessment but still. Edited by Aelaias

The game is either losing population or people are playing way more casually. A cursory examination of NA servers over the past several weeks shows increase in the number of light servers and an obvious decline of heavy/very heavy servers. On the corellian run, a former very heavy server average planetary pop has dropped dramatically a.d its painful trying to put together a daily group. Hardly a scientific assessment but still.

My totally unscientific guess is you have alot of casuals sticking around playing a few hours a night a few nights a week and maybe even settling into a less play than they had a release while those who had been playing 50-100 hours a week at release have dramtically cut back their play or left all together. I don't have hard details but, my anecdotal evidence seems to dovetail with the facts out their to paint this picture.

On one hand you can say people are playing alot less and must be unsatisfiedand there is some truth there but, I tend to meeting alot of players who enjoy the game on a slow casual pace. From Bioware's perspective, I bet 1.5 million players poking along is much easier to manage than 2 million players where 200k are devouring the contnent and constantly pushing against the the game's limits.

From Bioware's perspective, I bet 1.5 million players poking along is much easier to manage than 2 million players where 200k are devouring the contnent and constantly pushing against the the game's limits.

From Bioware's perspective, they don't care what you do when you're online, as long as you pay your subs. But if you're not playing, odds are you're not going to keep paying.