Where has everyone gone?

gonoada

I know many people left because of all the issue with the game, but that didnt really have an effect on the amount of people in my sever. Just a week ago the was no less then 150 people in the imperial fleet at one given time.

Now im lucky to get 50 people, which is making me angry because i have to wait so long for a group to do a flashpoint. Also its the same story with heroic quests, there are just not enough people on the planet.

Has everyone just left and gone back to wow or have they just had enough?

The only way foward as i see it is to sever merge. Bioware made this problem at lauch because they opened two many severs. I joined a sever called the shadow runner, it was very heavy populated and know just 1-2 weels on its a light sever.

If something is not done about it in a week or two then i will be leaving which is a shame because i really liked this game.

What do you think could be done and are you going to carry on playing this game?

Thank you.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, you see, there are these things called "alts" and "datacrons", and "missions" and "warzones" that people like to do on this game. They can take place on all sorts of planets, Coruscant, Tatooine, Hoth, Quesh, Nar Shadaa, Dromund Kaas, Balmorra, Taris, Ord Mantell, Hutta, and all sorts of other places! And you also see, that when people do these, they cannot be on the fleet while they do them, they have to hop on into their ship and go fly to the planet, or they have to log off of their level 50 to get onto their level 20 or whatever level he/she is.

So do not fret, a large portion of the players on this game are probably not WoW-esque PvPers, they've still got a number of stories to go through, a few classes to try out to make sure it fits their learning style.

Either that or the server was boring so they went to a new one, my main is on Fa'athra, a really boring server, whilst my alts are on Vrook Lamar. I cannot wait for server transfers.

I dunno. People work. People have other interests and lives outside SWTOR?

I was looking at the pop on my own server and noticed it had gone up, not down, and this was yesterday on a Monday. So I don't really know what drives and ebb and flow of daily server population. A lot of various factors, I guess.

In my server people cant find tanks or healers, i am a tank myself but i cant tank all day.In my server people never had an ilum fight.In my server we are friends with the reps since the beginning, we are trading kills etc to do weekly.

I think 1 million people should unsub so BW can understand what is the problem.

Guy says there will be transfers so they can make profit from that.

players say we need to wait so server population are set.After we lose 3/4 of population there is no point in taking action.

whine whine whine....

Legacy system is on the way to save servers.

Dont worry.

Edited by chitsa

The only fix you will see in a week or two is you deciding to play on a more populated server. BioWare is advertising fairly heavily still so I would not expect server mergers anytime soon. I suspect paid character transfers will be the first remedy you'll see and that will likely be at least weeks off.

If you do leave, remember to suck it up and deal with the server cues during the first few weeks of your next game.

U guys would make any excuse possible and impossible just not to face the fact that SWTOR is loosing players every day. I cant believe how far would You go to defend this game.

With all the evidence, you will still blindly pull out less and less possible excuses to back up your theory that the game is growing.

Its sad.

Now, you see, there are these things called "alts" and "datacrons", and "missions" and "warzones" that people like to do on this game. They can take place on all sorts of planets, Coruscant, Tatooine, Hoth, Quesh, Nar Shadaa, Dromund Kaas, Balmorra, Taris, Ord Mantell, Hutta, and all sorts of other places! And you also see, that when people do these, they cannot be on the fleet while they do them, they have to hop on into their ship and go fly to the planet, or they have to log off of their level 50 to get onto their level 20 or whatever level he/she is.

So do not fret, a large portion of the players on this game are probably not WoW-esque PvPers, they've still got a number of stories to go through, a few classes to try out to make sure it fits their learning style.

Either that or the server was boring so they went to a new one, my main is on Fa'athra, a really boring server, whilst my alts are on Vrook Lamar. I cannot wait for server transfers.

Don't forget "LIVES"

Doesn't seem the population has a dropped at all on my server. You checked at a bad time. The light servers are pretty desolate though. I ended up rerolling to a higher population server after my light server was too boring to bear.

Okay, before jumping to conclusions (which may be right or wrong) do the following:

1. Go to the GTN
  2. Look for armor (any sort)
  3. Look for weapons (any sort)

Are there several pages of Armor and Weapons?

• If there are, the server population is fine
  • If there are only a two or three pages of Armor, and Weapons, it is very likely your server is dead.

So, if your server is dead, I would recommend moving. I seriously doubt that mergers are in the near future, and it is very unlikely that the population will increase.

There are a TON of complainers on this forum. Some are genuine, other like to be...catalysts. However, that being said, learn from SOE and SWG. They found out the hard way that there really isn't a silient majority, and if people aren't posting (complaining or praising aside) it means that they don't care.

...THAT is the begining of the end.

Edited by Ossos

No one left swtor, u just happened to check fleet at a bad time kk

Four million players and rising, that's why they keep doing all those press releases every weak about the population.

No, NO, stop it Quip! You're not helping.

All of the level 50s on the OP's server simultaneously rolled alts and went out cron farming. Also prime time has shifted to hours that the OP doesn't play so the server isn't empty, it's just working a different shift. Also the early February break just ended so people gone back to work, it's normal that the servers aren't as busy.

Yeah, that's the ticket.

TOR is a damn fine game but P2P games don't grow any more.

Everyone is jumping ship and joining the heavy load servers, thats what I did because got fed up the issues ur talking about, I personally think a server merge, with the light servers anyway, would be a good idea

Yep, that's what I did as well. Rerolling to a heavy pop server has kept me playing for now.

2 days ago i was doing pvp and for the first time ever we had a repub vs repub huttball. True that this is a 1-49 bracket, but at least it means there are enough alts for this to happen.

So maybe our L50 will imporve from 4:1 to maybe 3:1 imps to pubs. :D

I have yet to see any evidence either way.

Didnt You read the OP? Dont You read at all?

BW reported 1,7 mil active subs, which is 300k less then it was after first month.

Out of those 1,7mil are plenty "active subs" like me, who got 6 months sub and quit the game in Feb. So they are in this awesome BW subs count, but they are not playing their product anymore.

And every second thread from different servers and factions reports about decrease of number of players in guilds/servers etc. Its just funny to say that 50s are rerolling alts. But the number of players online is reducing in every zone..even low lvl zones. So thats just irrelevant argument.

Didnt You read the OP? Dont You read at all?

BW reported 1,7 mil active subs, which is 300k less then it was after first month.

Out of those 1,7mil are plenty "active subs" like me, who got 6 months sub and quit the game in Feb. So they are in this awesome BW subs count, but they are not playing their product anymore.

And every second thread from different servers and factions reports about decrease of number of players in guilds/servers etc. Its just funny to say that 50s are rerolling alts. But the number of players online is reducing in every zone..even low lvl zones. So thats just irrelevant argument.

I hear QQ threads constitute statistical evidence.