Already burnt out?

acheros

So, I got my sith assassin(DPS) to level 44, and I just..Can't bring myself to play anymore. Everytime I log in to play I'm just like.."Meh, wahtever" and log out again. The same thing that happened on WoW before I quit, the only thing is, On wow, I could atleast manage my dailies. But this game I can't even get to end game.

So, is it me? the game? any remedies?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People play every waking free time they have and get bored too easliy. Gotta have other things to do and game will be more fun as I'm still enjoying it a ton.

I play maybe 2-3 hours a day, I have school and a part time job so I -can't- play that often.

However I'll excuse you for assuming I'm a no life basement dweller.

Honestly I just think it's cause assassins aren't all that much fun. I tried playing an assassin, played till around lvl 20 odd something and then deleted it. Easily got my gunslinger and juggernaut to lvl 50 and play them all the time.

Some classes are just not as fun to play as others, I would say try another class, a sith warrior/jedi knight would be my recommendation for the story. The stories are god damn epic for these 2 classes.

So, I got my sith assassin(DPS) to level 44, and I just..Can't bring myself to play anymore. Everytime I log in to play I'm just like.."Meh, wahtever" and log out again. The same thing that happened on WoW before I quit, the only thing is, On wow, I could atleast manage my dailies. But this game I can't even get to end game.

It's not you. I've become quite bored of the game and quickly. My main is level 46 and my alt is level 23.

I've cancelled my subscription a few days ago. Just not enough in the game to keep me engaged and the thought of pretty much standing around at max level doesn't warrant a monthly sub fee.

Honestly I just think it's cause assassins aren't all that much fun. I tried playing an assassin, played till around lvl 20 odd something and then deleted it. Easily got my gunslinger and juggernaut to lvl 50 and play them all the time.

Some classes are just not as fun to play as others, I would say try another class, a sith warrior/jedi knight would be my recommendation for the story. The stories are gosh darn epic for these 2 classes.

Well, my assassin Is just my main, I have a jugg and a merc(I'm strictly empire), Still can't bring myself to play them. All my toons are atleast level 10, sept for my agent who I never got passed level 5 because I don't like the cover mechanic.

I was the same way with Tera on the CBT this weekend. I played so much that I got to the point that I was disinterested in the game. Took a brief gander through all the class's and kinda didn't want to play.

Then today I logged into WoW and played for 45 minutes. I did the LFR for the goo add boss then logged because I was disinterested in the game. Then I logged into SWTOR. Looked at my toon and said well lets do some PvP. Did 2 WZ's and logged because it just wasn't fun.

Tera ruined my experience of WoW and SWTOR. Not because it's that much better a game but because the combat was exceedingly fun. And that's what SWTOR is missing. SWTOR is missing fun. Fun gameplay, fun mechanics, fun anything. When you play a game that is recent and has different elements then what the standard NA MMO has playing NA MMOs is hard.

Did you play Tera?

Did you play Tera?

Nope, I have no interest in that game. Literally nothing about it gives me that "This game is going to be AWESOME" feeling that WoW did when I heard about it. Or SWTOR did watching the trailers and reading about it. Tera is lolis and furries.

Nope, I have no interest in that game. Literally nothing about it gives me that "This game is going to be AWESOME" feeling that WoW did when I heard about it. Or SWTOR did watching the trailers and reading about it. Tera is lolis and furries.

Lolis, Furries and Lizardmen.

And shiny breasts. Big shiny breasts.

But to be serious for a second, Tera probably won't make it past the time Aion did because of impressions like yours. But the gameplay behind it is actually better then what WoW or SWTOR have to offer so, meh your loss.

Edited by wrmrstacrdwower

Lolis, Furries and Lizardmen.

And shiny breasts. Big shiny breasts.

But to be serious for a second, Tera probably won't make it past the time Aion did because of impressions like yours. But the gameplay behind it is actually better then what WoW or SWTOR have to offer so, meh your loss.

Even the combat seems like it would get old after awhile. Yes, the combat is different, and I -love- that they're taking the risk of stepping outside the norm. But MMOs are more then just combat. and I don't think, outside of combat, theres enough to save it. I know there isn't enough to bring me into it.

Funny story, though. Someone I know showed me some screenshots and videos of tera awhile ago(looong time ago, mind you). All I said to say was "This looks like one of those cheap pay to win Korean MMOs". I didn't even know it was Korean made! Okay, not that funny, but it was funny to me.

I got my first to 50 and did hard mode operations. almost full rakata, but I stopped 10 days ago completely. I was very active at start, few hours a day, but after I hit 50 I reduced and would stop earlier, only guild and "new" operations kept me coming few times for raid. Tried alts but I have to say it just boring. Got operativ till 30 and assasin til 25.....boring. Same story ad planets all over again. I still have sub till 25th, but I'm bored to log in, even if I do I log out in 5sec

It's just same as wow. I stopped wow a year ago and tough this is something that will keep me for months. But very soon I realized it's same as wow.

You raid get gear >>> go new raid, get gear >>> wait for new raid get gear >>>and so on

I bored going raids or repeat same crap every week or even day. Thx, but no thx

I learned one thing, never buy an MMO with full voice over, because rest of the game will suffer cause of it, at 50 it doesn't matter if your quests are VO or not.

Maybe this will cheer you up - I was absolutely burnt out of this game 3 weeks ago. I had a bit more than a week break from it, I couldn't even think about logging in.

And I am back now, I feel fresh again :D I have recharged my batteries to put up with bugs in this game.

Let's hope they start fixing stuff soon...

I remember getting burnt out 3 times while leveling my first character in WoW. I had 3 long breaks, but when I got to max level the fun started.

Edited by Yakito

Even the combat seems like it would get old after awhile. Yes, the combat is different, and I -love- that they're taking the risk of stepping outside the norm. But MMOs are more then just combat. and I don't think, outside of combat, theres enough to save it. I know there isn't enough to bring me into it.

Funny story, though. Someone I know showed me some screenshots and videos of tera awhile ago(looong time ago, mind you). All I said to say was "This looks like one of those cheap pay to win Korean MMOs". I didn't even know it was Korean made! Okay, not that funny, but it was funny to me.

I can't say I relate. I tried the CBT looking for a new MMO to play that I would enjoy knowing if I didn't I could cancel my pre-order. I have never been drawn to an MMO based on what I see. I bought SWTOR because it was Star Wars and an MMO and now I'm disappointed at 7 year old design mentality and a mediocre game.

Either way though all i know is I can't seem to enjoy SWTOR and wonder if I ever did. Maybe it's the issues with the game and lack of design or maybe it's because NA MMO design is just plain bad. But personally I blame the Hero Engine. I was watching the Ruin Gaming Stream and the broadcaster at the time actually made a comment on how better SWTOR would have been if Bioware didn't cheap out and use the Hero Engine. Which just makes me sad that a game that could be so much better then what it is ails from so many engine based issues.

SWTOR just doesn't have enough content that is strong enough to keep the fun factor going. Maybe you need to ask yourself the question of am I having fun?

Edited by wrmrstacrdwower

Not burned out, but with the disconnects/high latency stuff (tons of threads on this), I'm not playing as much as I did before the slew of patches in January. Back to Skyrim almost nightly.

Not unsubscribing though - the latency issue is really the only thing I've encountered that keeps me from loggin in. Well...that and the flash bang skill cooldowns.

Edited by Solathalion