Please change/improve Accurary and Alacrity.

Creopolus

Agreed! Currently I've been switching out most of the BM/Rakata enhancements with surge/crit or surge/power enhancements because alacrity/accuracy are useless stats.

Now, instead of making alacrity or accuracy useful, they just nerf surge instead. What gives?

If you think the stats are fine, then you do not understand them, or how they affect each class. You're the baddie.

Sure I would like to see them get buffed, but is it necessary?

High alacrity can majorly cut down cast times and for one skill that isn't great.

But when we are talking about a full rotation, high alacrity can atm cut down a full rotation by 1-1.5 seconds which can drastically improve overall damage.

Just depends on what kind of rotation we are talking about and for what classes, if your current build uses mostly instant casts I suggest going for surge/crit/power. Mods and Enhancements are extremely easy to get, even the higher tier ones..

Edited by cupofwater

High alacrity can majorly cut down skill times and for one skill that isn't great.

But when we are talking about a full rotation, high alacrity can atm cut down a full rotation by 1-1.5 seconds which can drastically improve overall damage.

For some classes, yes.

You fail to realize EVERY "healing" set, or any set that doesn't stack accuracy, stacks alacrity.

Alacrity is useless for operative healers, especially in pve.

Considering there are no crit/power enhancements, and that Tech and Force base accuracy is 100%, this nerf is a mushroom-slap in the face. It's like saying "Haha, by default all of your gear sets stack the most useless stat possible. Just to make sure that you're slightly more okay with that we'll just nerf all the viable alternatives, like surge."

If you think stacking Alacrity (aka "Haste") is a good idea, then you do not understand what alacrity does and, more importantly, fails to do. Alacrity does not affect the GCD or HoTs/DoTs, for healers with only one casted heal this is a HUGE waste of itemization points.

The stats are fine. Quit being bad

Well, except for Alacrity being effectively useless to me as a Vanguard relative to Power/Crit/Surge, because all it does is up the number of Hammer Shots I can weave into a rotation that's limited by resources- and investing in the other three instead is far more beneficial. Because haste doesn't help you recover resources, only burn them quicker- and the further a Vanguard drops on his ammo bar, the easier it is to burn out entirely and be stuck spamming HS with near zero firepower.

And overloading the endgame sets with more Accuracy than we'd possibly need. Little things like that. Weird, huh? And little things like a lack of many combinations of stats on mods, especially defensive ones.

Nothing much.

Edited by va_wanderer

Also do not forget that alacrity is a double edged sword, faster casts mean faster consumption of resources.

Bringing up my example of healing operatives again, the casted heal uses quite a bit of energy. Casting this 3-4 times in a row will leave you in a severely exhausted state that will cripple further healing output.

Even without any alacrity, managing your energy is a delicate balance, and healing through burst damage will leave you in need of popping serious cooldowns to regain the upper hand.

Again it is not that difficult to acquire top end mods/enhancements.

They gave you the ability to change out mods/enhancements for a reason. I know some high quality OP healers that think of alacrity as very useful. Operative should not be running out of energy period and the decreased cast time helps with "oh ****" moments.

the problem is that bw is nerfing surge because apparently they are feeling it to be too powerful. so as a result most classes will do less dmg and heal less. and there is no option to go to other stats because there are no other valid options. as a result what bioware is saying is, "sorry we feel everyone is healing too much and doing too much dmg so we are nerfing all of you" as a result scoundrels who are built around burst dmg are yet again nerfed even further. they aren't the only ones but the combination of the two makes it really bad for us.

High alacrity can majorly cut down cast times and for one skill that isn't great.

Just depends on what kind of rotation we are talking about and for what classes, if your current build uses mostly instant casts I suggest going for surge/crit/power. Mods and Enhancements are extremely easy to get, even the higher tier ones..

Higher alacrity just means you burn through your main resource faster. Crit/surge and even power is better because it makes your hits hit harder without burning extra resources.

I would have assumed that alacrity would be good for healers in more hectic situations. May not allow them to heal for more in a certain period of time overall due to resource constraints, but would allow them to reactively heal better when needed.

The fact of the matter is, some classes benefit much more from alacrity/accuracy than others.

Classes that use melee as often as force do need accuracy, classes that rely on a lot of casted abilities may also find alacrity to be very beneficial.

The issue, is that there are classes that can do much, much, much better than alacrity or accuracy, and that only leaves crit, power and surge.

As it stands, there are NO crit & power enhancements. All power enhancements come with surge, alacrity, or accuracy. Since I believe accuracy and alacrity are both next-to-useless for my class, I find it very exasperating to gear myself.

I get battlemaster gear, only to buy champion gloves for better enhancements. If I am to expect Surge to suffer from DR much more quickly, and much more drastically, then I need a crit/power enhancement to balance my stats. As such an enhancement is yet to be introduced in-game, I feel cornered into picking one of these three 3 less-than-desirable stats.

TL;DR GIVE ME A CRIT&POWER ENHANCEMENT BEFORE YOU NERF SURGE.

Do you realize what you're saying is "we're giving you stupid stats on purpose, to force you to go change them?"

Yeah, it's kind of pointless to say that we should just try harder to dump the stats we don't like. It gets even better when you look at Accuracy, though. Your base accuracy is 90% for weapon attacks, and Accuracy increases that, right? And if it goes over 100%, then it starts to offset Defense, which starts at 5% and goes up with various skills. So you'd think it'd be somewhat useful to get ten or fifteen percent from Accuracy.

Then you notice that Tech and Force attacks' accuracy starts at 100% instead of 90.

Then you notice that those attack types aren't mitigated by Defense; they always hit.

Then you notice that every single knife attack done by, say, a Conceal Operative is a Tech attack. I'll let you guess what a Sorcerer's lightning bolts count as.

Then you realize that the only way to make Accuracy more useful would be to fix the above, which'd incidentally nerf Operatives and Smugglers. Again.

(Repeat the above for Alacrity, noting that not a single one of those knife attacks has a cast time, meaning Alacrity does absolutely nothing for those specs as well. Once you've got your tears under control, continue to the rest of this post.)

Bottom line, these skills should do something USEFUL for all classes, just like Power, Crit, and Surge do. No one questions whether these stats are good to have, they just obviously ARE, so the other stats should be brought up to their level.

If Alacrity reduced the cooldown for all of those long-cooldown emergency effects you have, then people would want some. Sure, getting that Cloaking Screen in 1:45 instead of 2 minutes might not seem like a ton, but it'd be better than nothing. Give it a progressive aspect, where it wouldn't do anything to an ability with < 10s cooldown, and only a marginal increase to the 15-20s cooldowns, but would give a decent percentage for the really long-cooldown abilities.

If boosting Accuracy above 100% did more than just offset Defense, like adding armor penetration, then attackers would want some even if every attack they make is a tech or force attack.

In fact, let's expand that; if I wear an earring that boosts Shield and Absorption, it should do something for us non-shield types, like offset crits. In other words, if I get an item that boosts my Shield by +40, the game could treat it like anyone attempting to crit me has their Crit modifier reduced by 40. Ditto for Absorption-vs-Surge. The best part of this? It'd adjust the Diminishing Returns aspects of these stats, to where the "soft cap" of 250ish would vary depending on who you were facing (since your 300 might get reduced by 50 or more by a well-geared opponent); without a hard optimum, it'd be nearly impossible for everyone to agree on the perfect mix of stats.

(And if the above side-effects STACKED with the existing boosts to actual shield chance and absorption? The tanks, getting both sets of effects, would fare better in spite of the aforementioned armor penetration-type change to Accuracy.)

Welcome to MMO's. They have to give you a reason to keep running as long as possible.

Requiring 3 full sets of gear (the one you're wearing, and the 2 you had to rip gems out of) to create 1 full set of gear is more abusive than most MMOs. And it's not even 1 of each piece, instead you will end up needing a large number of a certain slot that happens not to be horribly itemized (and probably level 56).

I concur with the original post findings. I don't even want Columi / Rakata Operative gear as it currently stands, I will need to tear out the enhancement for these, and replace them with sub par (level wise) enhancements which grant useful stats (surge/power/crit).

However, the enhancements themselves aren't fully optimized, so even that becomes a challenge to balance power/crit/surge. Right now I probably have too much crit/surge, and not enough power. Its not for lack of trying, its just for lack of itemization.