Request Darkside Male Sith Warrior/Quinn Romance!

FluorineSpark

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone is going to get a same sex romance arc its going to be quinn.

Near the end of his class storyline he blows his entire salary on a prototype ship engine for you (unfortunately its a hypothetical engine and you can never put it on your ship...)

Near the end of the class quest he also contacts you on holo a few times with nothing but boxers on.... and so does pierce, i think they are having a "party" without you on the ship

His reaction to imperial memorabilia is also a dead give away to his desires for you.

But on a side note...

IMO All companions should have an option of turning to the darkside or light side. I wanted to romance ashara on my inquisitor but i cant because shes a goody goody.

Edited by Xaxxus

Glee has teen gay romance~ (and it's super cute!) I mean this game does imply that the characters regularly engage random sex with random people on every planet. As long as the actual act is not portrait on the scene, it shouldn't matter which sexual orientation.

And should I mention the entire "Yaoi" subculture, which contains mostly teenage girls? So I don't think Rating is a logical concern (although it might very well be the reason for it).

But back to Quinn, he is perfect for gay romance. I like the way he said "Didn't loose you" in the fight, or "sorry I require that much attention" if he died in the battle. And he get all excited about my violence/pro Imp choices, I guess I got sick and tired of earning negative affection points with Vette (Or Kaliyo and Vector for that matter) every time I say "there won't be a heart left beating". For once, someone applause my blood thirst and my loyalty to he Empire!

If anyone is going to get a same sex romance arc its going to be quinn.

Near the end of his class storyline he blows his entire salary on a prototype ship engine for you (unfortunately its a hypothetical engine and you can never put it on your ship...)

Near the end of the class quest he also contacts you on holo a few times with nothing but boxers on.... and so does pierce, i think they are having a "party" without you on the ship

His reaction to imperial memorabilia is also a dead give away to his desires for you.

But on a side note...

IMO All companions should have an option of turning to the darkside or light side. I wanted to romance ashara on my inquisitor but i cant because shes a goody goody.

I'm currently playing with my male Sith Marauder, very tempted to roll out a female just so I can romance Quinn... But my male SW is also super hot! just seeing these two on screen makes me all heart-eyed.

I'm just upset in general that there's no same-sex relationships to be had. Quinn's kinda hot, but honestly he annoys me the most, and Vette and Jaesa are both definitely hotter than Quinn.

I romanced Quinn though because I can't romance anyone else (female Marauder here) and when I talked to him last, he asked me to marry him. My first reaction was mashing the Escape key as quickly as I could.

She's a psychopathic Sith Lord! Why would she ever marry anyone! It makes no senseeeee!!!!!

I'm just upset in general that there's no same-sex relationships to be had. Quinn's kinda hot, but honestly he annoys me the most, and Vette and Jaesa are both definitely hotter than Quinn.

I romanced Quinn though because I can't romance anyone else (female Marauder here) and when I talked to him last, he asked me to marry him. My first reaction was mashing the Escape key as quickly as I could.

She's a psychopathic Sith Lord! Why would she ever marry anyone! It makes no senseeeee!!!!!

hahaha, I hear you about the marriage part. what do you think about Quinn romance in general? I really like Quinn (knowing that he actually have the guts to betray me some how adds the charm....) My male Marauder is about early 23 (just finish Balmorra), I'm itching to roll out a female SW just to romance Quinn... But my male SW is just so hot, I'm not sure if I should give up the nice bro-mance here and start anew.

Does it worth it?

My marauder and Quinn are in the middle of a passionate bromance. I kind of want to try my hand at a three way with Jaesa and Vette!!

Yeah.... Remember in DA:O you can have 3 way with Zef and Isabella... (Well, you don't get to see anything, but still nice to have). Why can't we have them in this game? Although I have to say the girl companions are way hotter than guys. I mean, com'on, Vetta, Jaesa, even Kaliyo is better than the Bugman! Imperial Agent ladies are pretty doomed.

hahaha, I hear you about the marriage part. what do you think about Quinn romance in general? I really like Quinn (knowing that he actually have the guts to betray me some how adds the charm....) My male Marauder is about early 23 (just finish Balmorra), I'm itching to roll out a female SW just to romance Quinn... But my male SW is just so hot, I'm not sure if I should give up the nice bro-mance here and start anew.

Does it worth it?

Quinn is really prude. I mean, I only got to sleep with him around level 41. Granted, I was overlevelled and never gave him companion gifts, so that might be the reason.

Overall I felt like it was a little plain as far as romances go. I know it's hard to make a good romance in a mostly action-based game, but it was kind of lame at parts.

What I do miss in this game is how companions don't say anything if they approve or disapprove. They just kinda sit back and judge you.

Quinn is really prude. I mean, I only got to sleep with him around level 41. Granted, I was overlevelled and never gave him companion gifts, so that might be the reason.

Overall I felt like it was a little plain as far as romances go. I know it's hard to make a good romance in a mostly action-based game, but it was kind of lame at parts.

What I do miss in this game is how companions don't say anything if they approve or disapprove. They just kinda sit back and judge you.

Thank you for the reply! I'll roll out a female SW tonight and see if I have the stomach to walk through Korraban and Dumma Kaas again..... If not, I can always imagine my Male SW @#$%^% Quinn.

When do we reach the point where cramming your sexuality down someones throat is as frowned upon as stuffing your religion down someones throat?

I don't get what you mean.... Who's cramming sexuality down whose throat? I think people (myself included) are asking for the "option" of homosexual relationship. We're not talking about changing a straight Quinn gay... but rather, make him so that he'd initiate or react to homosexual courtship if player choose so. Simply having such options doesn't mean anyone shoving anything into anyone's throat... I understand people feel strongly about it, but my principle is live and let live.

That's why I think predetermine sexual orientation during character creation is a good idea. So straight people won't feel that homosexual flirt is forced on them, and gay (and creepy yaoi fan girls like me) can go around enjoy hot gay/lesbian romance.

I don't get what you mean.... Who's cramming sexuality down whose throat? I think people (myself included) are asking for the "option" of homosexual relationship. We're not talking about changing a straight Quinn gay... but rather, make him so that he'd initiate or react to homosexual courtship if player choose so. Simply having such options doesn't mean anyone shoving anything into anyone's throat... I understand people feel strongly about it, but my principle is live and let live.

That's why I think predetermine sexual orientation during character creation is a good idea. So straight people won't feel that homosexual flirt is forced on them, and gay (and creepy yaoi fan girls like me) can go around enjoy hot gay/lesbian romance.

And as I told you before this game is rated Teen. How much protest do you want from the PC groups? It has nothing to do with anyone's sexuality. A huge chuck on the country will not approve let alone buy it if you include that.

As EA is a company run for profit most shareholders do not want to see it becoming an issue; they expect a return for monies invested and a game that every PC group comes out and attacks or supports detracts from the game. I approve wholeheartedly of anyone's right to choose; but you can't honestly expect them to make a decision that will hurt game sales.

PS nothing says you can't RP it right?

Edited by Foenixz

LOL I work for a game studio so yeah.... I know all about stake holders and marketing risks. and Bioware's concerns is totally understandable.

But that doesn't mean I can't whine about it ;) After all, if more people speak up, things might change.

Maybe a separate server? though that smacks of issues best left untouched. GL with it man

Edited by Foenixz

When do we reach the point where cramming your sexuality down someones throat is as frowned upon as stuffing your religion down someones throat?

Yeah, asking for storyline consideration sure is "cramming it down your throat". :rolleyes:

Obvious euphemism intended.

Edited by NermalDetonator

Nothing about this issue comes down to politics or game rating, BioWare has said as such. It all comes down to what they had time to do prior to launch. Adding same-sex romances in a game that is fully voiced and scripted is NOT a short and simple process. First, all 8 base classes, both male and female, need options. So we have at least 16 right there; while some might have two options for one gender or the other -- so we're now at more than 16 pieces of ongoing romance dialog that needs to be written and recorded. Not only by the people who do the class voices, but also by the actors doing the companion voices.

This is the issue. We'll get same-sex romances, but it's going to take awhile. I really doubt BioWare or EA care about complaints from right-wing talk show hosts (who, btw, have already raised one stink over being able to torture Vette in the game). They already weathered the storm with the incredibly mild sex scenes in ME and such controversy would only generate more sales for them.

It's just gonna come down to resources. Once they can put the time into writing and recording all that dialog, not to mention animating some new same-sex romance cut scenes with some kissing and fading to black, then we'll get it. Until then... patience (and a healthy dose of fan art/fiction) :)

everyones thinking it, I'm saying it. Ew.

Clearly not "everyone" is thinking it -- since i'm not and i'm sure many of the other posters in this thread are not. It's not a romance choice i would go for, because it's just not my particular persuasion. But I'm all for anything that makes the game more accessible and enjoyable to a wider range of players. Given BioWare's track record with same-sex romance options in games, it's really just a matter of time.

And when that day comes, my girlfriend's lady Bounty Hunter is gonna romance Mako with gusto!

everyones thinking it, I'm saying it. Ew.

once again... someone think they can represent everyone.

Go search False Consensus Effect. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_consensus_effect

In psychology, the false consensus effect is a cognitive bias whereby a person tends to overestimate how much other people agree with him or her. There is a tendency for people to assume that their own opinions, beliefs, preferences, values and habits are 'normal' and that others also think the same way that they do.

So no, not everyone is thinking it.

Edited by FluorineSpark