Healing Sage

MasterGladius

I spend a lot of time solo, and I understand healing line is probably the most effective for solo, and is good for groups as well. Seems like a no brainer to go Seer. Still, it doesn't sound very exciting to me, so I'd rather do Balance or a hybrid. How gimped is the healing of a Balance Sage? Is it passable or abysmal? I'd like to do 5/5/31 (but the highlight of Balance is 100% reduction of the cast time on Force Lift and the efficiency skills in the first tier Telekinetic) but I am concerned about its viability.

depends on what you want to do.

You can heal heroic quests and even most flashpoints up to the high 30's or low 40's as a dps spec sage. YMMV according to the quality of your groups, but I was able to do that while leveling.

After that, it's starts becoming increasingly non-viable. That's not to say you can't do it at all, but it becomes very difficult to keep people up even with proper use of defensive CD's, CC, etc.

I ran to about 45 as a TK/Bal sage with Tharan out. After that I was having a hard time healing in groups, so I switched to a Seer/Bal build that worked well.

At 49 almost ready to ding 50 I figured it's time to start healing full on, so I went with your typical healing spec.

Question:

Anyone with a 50 hybrid sage into a healing/dps specs? I'd like to know how hybris a Seer can be to still be able to heal (adequately) in the lvl50 content and still have a fair amount of points into a dps tree.

Hoping anyone can take the time to answer,

Peace out! :)

Even with 31 points in Seer you still have modest DPS.

It's not fantastic, but it's there. Project + Tumult works wonders in PvE against Strong and Weak mobs, TK Throw is still very effective even with a cooldown, Disturbance is good, Weaken Mind and Mind Crush are effective dots (and Weaken Mind has no cooldown). Forcequake is also great for when enemies are bunched up together.

But, on the other hand if you don't want to heal as a Sage you don't have to.

Question:

Anyone with a 50 hybrid sage into a healing/dps specs? I'd like to know how hybris a Seer can be to still be able to heal (adequately) in the lvl50 content and still have a fair amount of points into a dps tree.

You will find it hard to be a healer with lvl 50 content (HMs and OPs) if you try to put significant points into TK or Balance to do a decent amount of DPS. To get any decent benefit from either DPS spec, you'd gimp yourself as a healer far too much.

Two of the most important factors to a Sage healer you would lose are Resplendence and Salvation. Salvation perhaps not as vital, however, there are fights its important. Resplendence is perhaps the most important skill if you want to heal as a Sage, IMHO. Casting Rejuvenate+Healing Trance to get a free Noble Sacrifice is the only way you'll survive healing many fights, otherwise you will be seriously out of force quickly.

Also, the DPS you attempt to do will drain your force too fast to leave any for the important heals when needed.

My first downing of Karagga had myself and another healer (both Seer specced - 32/7/2) with a commando left standing and dps'ing him down the last couple of percent as he hit his enrage timer. As a Seer you can still do significant DPS during fights to aid without gimping your ability to heal. Our 2 DoTs, particularly Mind Crush, can be easily applied constantly throughout the fight without eating up too much Force. When you have the Force and no significant damage coming in, Project or Disturbance are great ways to add a little dps.

Well in my experience something like hybrid healer just dont work on higher levels... max i can think of is the pvp healing spec when you dont take the top seer healing talent as its something debatable in pvp and not that gamebreaking at pve ( not talking ops here )... my advice is wait till you get Zenith, gear him up and you wont notice any downtime or so really.. shame is sages get dps comp so late, just get through the early levels and stick to the healing, it rocks :)

Mangia out. :o)

Edited by Mangia

Question:

I do a 21/2/18 seer/bal spec. Healing Trance is key. I have no experience with level 50 PvE, but I like my spec for PvP. It's very versatile. I'm very squishy since I'm missing a lot of the utility in TK and some of the craziness that DPS/DPS hybrids get, but at the same time I can go from being a healer to being a DPSer and back.

With my spec TK throw is your main DPS ability. If all 4 ticks are allowed to hit it costs 6 force over about 2.7 seconds, so my force regens while I DPS. Since I don't have resplendence this is very important. As long as I can do a mix of DPS and healing, I won't have force issues. If I'm forced to heal constantly or I go AoE-happy then I will have force issues and no great way to get it back.

I could see a 27/2/12 or 27/0/14 build being viable.

Basically you need the 12% damage to TK throw and the cooldown removal from it to pick up DPS as a healer. The force cost refund is also nice because it means you're not burning through your force while DPSing. Otherwise, you can DPS but it comes at a direct cost to your healing ability.

Well in my experience something like hybrid healer just dont work on higher levels... max i can think of is the pvp healing spec when you dont take the top seer healing talent as its something debatable in pvp and not that gamebreaking at pve ( not talking ops here )... my advice is wait till you get Zenith, gear him up and you wont notice any downtime or so really.. shame is sages get dps comp so late, just get through the early levels and stick to the healing, it rocks :)

Mangia out. :o)

The DPS you lose by not having Qyzen tank for you is pretty considerable. Having him clump up mobs for a forcequake is pretty awesome even without points in the DPS trees.