Good crew skills for a Juggernaut?

Giantwaspface

For short version scroll down....

Well, speaking from experience as someone who leveled up with artifice/archaeology/treasure hunting (got art/arch to 350/360 respectively and TH to 400), do not go this route. The ONLY thing nice about artifice is that you can make a hilt and shield generator. However, for the amount of work you have to put in to get you a hilt/shield that is better than quest rewards you would have been better off not even putting for the effort.

I recently rolled an assassin and figured what the hell, I'll make him some hilts/crystals/enhancements to level up (since artifice has no schematics for willpower shields currently). After about 6+ hours of gathering materials, creating items, RE-ing to get purples, and then making said purples, I spent around 60-80k credits. With this, I was able to make 3 hilts/crystals & 5 enhancements (3 different levels, with 3 of them being level 19).

So, after sending all of this to my alt, I used what I could at the time based on level restrictions. All of these items lasted me for 1 day, after which I greatly out leveled them or replaced them with mods/items from the comm vendors.

I use this reference for creating gear for my alt to paint a picture as to what you look forward to.

TLDR: Do not grab artifice, go with Biochem. Having re-usable med packs, stim packs, and med packs to heal both you and your companion is soooo valuable it isn't funny.

I would recommend: Biochem/Bioanalysis/Slicing ... use slicing to get you extra cash and just purchase the diplomacy items as needed. You could go diplomacy to get them yourself, but thus far I haven't needed them all that often since once you make a purple, re-usable, version then you no longer need it until you hit the next grade (every 6-8 character levels).

Currently level 33. I went the Artifice/Archaeology/Treasure Hunting route, and I really regret not having taken Biochem from the beginning. Artifice is a HUGE credit-sink. I have spent so many credits trying to RE greens and blues to get epic recipes and then running Arch and TH missions to get the necessary mats. I think it would have been a lot cheaper to just buy what I wanted from the GTN. I was hoping to recoup some of my losses by selling my stuff on the GTN, but the epic mats are so rare that it's just not cost-effective. I'm getting close to 300 skill in all three, but I think about dropping them for Biochem/Bioanalysis/Diplomacy nearly every time I play. Do yourself a favor, and go Bio from the beginning.

I chose Armormech, cause we can wear heavy armor! And, then I realized I should have gone Synthweaving :p

With that said, there are few Armormechs out there, so I get a lot of recipes, and my guild has no other Armormech so I kept the profession.

When I hit 50, I went into every HM looking like a Bounty Hunter and caught more than a few people off-guard when I pulled out a lightsaber.

TLDR: Do not grab artifice, go with Biochem. Having re-usable med packs, stim packs, and med packs to heal both you and your companion is soooo valuable it isn't funny.

I would recommend: Biochem/Bioanalysis/Slicing ... use slicing to get you extra cash and just purchase the diplomacy items as needed. You could go diplomacy to get them yourself, but thus far I haven't needed them all that often since once you make a purple, re-usable, version then you no longer need it until you hit the next grade (every 6-8 character levels).

I agree with this. the only reason i didn't go with Biochem on my Jugg is that I already had it on an alt. I actually made my jugg a farmer toon (arch, scavenging, underworld trading) so she could gather materials for a few alts that I then made with crafting skills. Im considering trading out UT for Bioanalysis. having a high level toon gather is so much easier then doing it individually on other characters. 99% of the patterns currently in game you can get by standing around in the fleet and crafting/sending companions out on missions. Very easy thing to do on an alt.

I tend to log in on my alts first, get some crafting going, some missions, then log into my main and play. But if That's not your cup of tea, then go with Bio. Even when there are stims and medpacks available at the vendor, just being able to craft your own is a huge time/money saver.

IMO slicing vs. Bioanalysis is pick your poison. Slicing (especially prior to the mid 20's) is a great money maker. The only toons i ever had excess cash on after buying their speeder skill at 25 were my slicers. But at the same time, I skipped it on my Knight (mirror to jugg) and went with bio analysis. the blue medpacks are amazing...the extra HoT you get from them really makes an impact with a jugg/knight (due to our complete lack of healing :p ) But you can only make those blue ones with materials gotten via Bioanalysis. so if you pick up slicing, you may end up spending your extra cash on the AH for blue mats.

or you can stick with slicing and ignore the blue schematics for now. the critical money stage is pre-25. you income grows exponentially from late 20's into your early 30's, so after that I usually drop slicing (have it on one alt for the augments)

With the current state of things, Biochem is going to be your go-to skill for just about every character unless you already have one. I use Cybertech, which I'm starting to realize is more of a Sniper skill due to the grenades. It's nice to be able to constantly upgrade alts' stuff with my own materials, though.

I'm doing ok with Synth, most of my kit is my own, I'm now 37 and my synth is up to producing 39 kit so I can generally get it to purple before I'm ready to wear it anyway.

Gives me a boost at the beginning of the level which is quite nice, and means I'm not wearing crap gear

The only use synth weaving has is the two augment slots for its rakata pieces. I don't know any other crafting crew skills but unless it also has the ability to produce two augment slots, synth weaving does have an advantage. That being said, if you're rolling a tank, biochem trumps all.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.