Valor 70+ gear

TheLakers

Well they have said that when rated WZs come out that they are completely redesigning the pvp gearing system.

With that said. I honestly feel like Valor should not be tied to gear at all. The valor system that we have right now is very tainted. First we have the issue of population imbalances correlating with higher valor ranks for the dominating faction (usually imps). We have the day that Ilum went in to meltdown where people gained an absurd amount of valor for camping the weaker faction's base (again...mostly Imperials doing this) and in the end there was no valor roll back despite the need for one. And now we have kill trading where people can farm up to battlemaster in a couple of days.

The current valor system is also completely unsustainable and hurts the game long term. You say you want new gear for rank 70....and then 80....and then 90....etc. Think about the pvp environment that this would create for fresh 50s just getting started. Do you really think that fresh 50s in their lv48-50 quest blues are going to want to sit there and get slaughtered by rank 90 geared people for the 5-6 months that it will take to get to rank 90...or 100...or 110...etc. New gear sets tied to the valor system would kill PVP pretty fast.

The only real solution that we have for the gearing system is to remove the valor system from gear altogether. The valor system should instead only provide cosmetic, or non combat rewards. The Titles and mounts that we currently have are great, but they could expand this to include a vendor for valor rank items. Examples of this might be unique color crystals, Alternate colored gear (ie: Jedi Shadow BM set is white with green trim, the valor vendor could sell the same battlemaster set but in black with yellow trim.), additional mounts, etc.

With this system, Valor can still be used as a status symbol. Having the Elite Warlord title would still be a big deal, but this way it would just be a status symbol, instead of being a requirement in order to obtain the current highest tier of gear. This would also give people with high valor rank additional ways to stand out from the crowd. How cool would it be to run around with Elite Warlord in front of your name with your rank 95 white w/ black core saber crystal and your rank 90 Battlemaster Stalker set that is black with yellow trim instead of white with green trim like everyone else.

So then you end up with the question of how do you handle gear? There still needs to be some sort of pacing/gating system on gear so that fresh 50s are not getting full battlemaster gear one week in. At the same time, despite the recent bag changes, the battlemaster token system is absolutely awful. You have cases of people pulling a token from every other bag and you have other people who can go for two weeks without getting a single token. It is simply a bad system and a poor way of gating battlemaster gear.

One solution could be a trading system. First you change the ilum daily/weekly to award mercenary commendations and the WZ daily/weekly would award Warzone commendations. You then take Centurion Gear and make it purchasable for mercenary and warzone commendations similar to how you buy champion bags from the pvp vendor now. Champion gear would also cost the same amount of commendations as the champion version, but you would have to trade in the centurion version along with the commendations. The same would be true for Battlemaster gear. This would allow people the option to work on fully upgrading one piece at a time, or getting a full set of one tier and then work on getting a full set of the next tier and then the next.

For example:

T1 - Centurion Gloves - Cost: 200 Merc/200 WZ

T2 - Champion Gloves - Cost: 200 Merc/200 WZ/Centurion Gloves

T3 - Battlemaster Gloves - Cost: 200 Merc/200 WZ/Champion Gloves

Total Commendation cost to obtain Battlemaster Gloves:

600 Merc/600 WZ

or

3200 WZ commendations if all Merc comms are converted from WZ comms

Then, when a new tier of gear comes out, they can remove the lowest tier and shift the previously middle and top tiers down to become the new middle and lowest tiers.

For Example:

New tier comes out...Centurion Gear is completely removed from the game and we get:

T1 - Champion

T2 - Battlemaster

T3 - Whatever the new tier is called.

Overall I think this would help to allow new players to be able to get in to pvp without feeling as though they have a massive uphill battle ahead of them in the valor grind. This would also solve a lot of issues with gear discrepencies between the highest and lowest tiers of gear. The valor system would still be in place so that long time pvpers could show off the time that they have put in to the game.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally agree!

Demented personal thought here; but i would also like to see:

Valor 40 Req. for Centurion gear

Valor 50 Req. for Champion gear

and I know i am going to get flamed to hell for this. . .

eh no req for centurion gear.

Valor 30 Req for Champ gear.

Oh and you can only start gaining valor at level 50.

WARNING HUGE WALL OF TEXT INCOMING

I think...

If a new tier of gear was to be released a lot more content (not just pvp) and probably higher cap level would also have to be introduced because at the moment there is a lot of gear to get and not a lot of content which makes the whole thing boring and repetitive just like a day job AKA Daily quests, as it stands I really dislike PvP even though I am a Battlemaster, Valor 61 (and no I'm not an imperial that took part in the ilum massacre) I'm a sage who worked hard for it. Not getting a BM token in a whole week is gut wrenching and even the BM gear isn't that much of an increase from champion.

Having just got a new powertech to lvl 50 I'm hating it even more, although it's a well geared tank spec for a new level 50 I still get absolutely owned in a couple hits simply because PvP lvl 40 gear with purple mid 40 mods which is a lot better than most go in with is in comparison like

'Average new 50 gear' < whale poop < centurion <<<<<<<<< champion < battlemaster.

It's also a lot harder to get champion gear now after the bag update requiring about TEN, yes TEN bags OR FIVE WORKING DAYS for ONE, yes ONE set piece of champion OR AROUND SIXTY WORKING DAYS TO GET IT ALL along with a 5% chance of getting a champion token, or FIVE tokens out of ONE HUNDRED BAGS for those bad at maths and even then if you have 1 or two champion pieces you might get a duplicate token from that 5% chance. That said it's easier to get centurion. But 99% of people in PvP have quite a bit of champion gear and Battlemaster already which is much better than centurion (having obtained it before the bag update making it ridiculously hard to get), not to mention the ridiculous amount of Battlemaster imps out there.

WHAT CAN BE DONE?

I think centurion should require level 20 valor, champion level 40 valor and Battlemaster as it is at 60. In addition the differences between the armour should be changed. As it stands Champion is much better than centurion, and battlemaster (THE HARDEST DAMN GEAR TO GET) is a pathetic increase from champion stat-wise.

The difference between centurion and champion now, should be the difference between champion and battlemaster (larger increase because it's much harder to get). The small difference between champion and BM should be the difference between centurion and champion (Making it fairer* on new 50's coming in with pieces of centurion against the masses in champion and getting massacred by the stat difference)

I also think a good idea is that PvP brackets should be introduced for LEVEL 50 ONLY <50 can stay how it is. Level 50 20-39 valor, 40-59 and 60+ that being said 60+ and maybe even 40-59 brackets will be lacking in players because there isn't 'that' many of them at the moment. Which seems to be the only problem. (If a level 50 goes in for PvP with lower than 20 valor they will be put with sub level 50's but there stats will be decreased to that of a level 49 just like the rest of them are buffed to that level. I made this rule simply because there won't be many sub valor rank 20's at level 50 so being sub level 20 valor at 50 will make it VERY hard to get into a WZ.) (if there is lots make a lvl 50 valor 1-19 bracket)

BAGS.

Introduce centurion bags with 15 centurion commendations and a 10% chance of a centurion token. (A token can be turned in for 1 SET PIECE of gear (this DIScludes main hand, off hand belt, bracers etc.) Requires level 20+ valor can be chosen as a daily reward from daily pvp quests. The weekly will give you 3 centurion bags @ valor 20-39.

Introduce champion bags with 15 champion commendations and a 10% chance of a champion token. (A token can be turned in for 1 SET PIECE of gear (this DIScludes main hand, off hand belt, bracers etc.) Requires level 40 valor can be chosen as a daily reward from daily pvp quests from a choice of a centurion bag or a champion bag. The weekly will give you 2 champion bags and a choice of a centurion bags or a champion bag. If you're valor 40-59.

(Reduce the cost of champion gear bought with tokens so it matches centurion OR rise centurion price slightly and lower champion prices slightly, as it stands champion set pieces are about 67 comms and centurion is like 39 and the bags you get give less champ comms than centurion it's basicaly 200% harder to get champion now.)

Introduce battlemaster bags with a 25% chance of getting a battlemaster token. Received from daily pvp quests from a choice of a centurion, champion or battlemaster bag. The weekly will provide 2 battlemaster bags with a choice of a centurion, champion or battlemaster bag. If you're valor 60+

(you may ask why have the choice of a lower grade bag, and it's simply so you can still obtain the lower end gear (for companions or for collection purposes) it's so when you're not completely cut off from getting that gear if you so choose once you're out of the valor bracket that daily/weeklys reward those bags for.)

TL:DR

Introduce PvP brackets 20-39 valor 40-59, 60+ ONLY for lvl 50's

Make 3 bags, centurion (15 cent comms 10% chance of cent tokn), champion (15 champ comms 10% chance of champ token), BM (25% chance of BM token) requiring 20-39, 40-59, and 60+ valor to obtain, have dailys/weeklys reward bags based on your valor eg 20-39 gives you centurion bags 40-59 gives champion etc.

weeklys give 2 bags for your current valor e.g if you're valor 40-59 you get 2 champ bags with a choice of another champ or centurion bag. Or 60+ valor gets you 2 BM bags with a choice of 1 of any of the 3 bags. (Not the current 2 champ bags with a choice of a BM bag that weeklys reward)

Change the stat differences from the 3 tiers so BM is much better than champion and centurion isn't much worse than champion. (Makes it more fair on new 50's not being totally outclassed 'as much' by the masses in Champ, also makes getting BM worthwhile.)

bring down price of champion gear bought with comms to match centurion or rise centurion slightly and lower champion slightly.

More Warzones and more fun pl0x!

Edited by Monkfishysnow

Sure there is, as I explained above.

Battlemasters are a dime a dozen these days anyhow.

This is true,

Battlemasters are yesterday's Champion-geared players.

I myself became a Battlemaster a few weeks ago without really grinding out that much. I wouldn't call myself casual but I didn't go for more than the dailies until I hit rank 55 and realized I might as well push for BM.

Every day there are more and more. It's hardly a prestigious title any longer.

I know about 12 people some of them geared battle masters that will leave this game if a new tier of gear is introduced in the first year.

A lot of us are sick of the game being a big gear grind and want something different and fun to make us play not more Dailys/weeklys for gear.

The gear gap between new 50s is already huge if it grows new player retention will disappear.

Ask yourself this do you want more gear or more places/reasons to actually have/use your gear?

++++++++1

Having valor 70 gear will only grow the gear differential between Imperial and Republic.

Imps can grab 160 valor per ilum kill, Republic is lucky to get 60 per ilum kill. That difference means you already have weeks difference between even-level 50's made on imp and republic hitting battlemaster.

We don't need more gear to grind, we need a motive to actually PvP. Competitive PvP does not exist and world pvp is laughable at best. The best you can do is que up with 4 people and go against another four. In that case it's based more off of who gets the people in green gear for the other four and not skill or strategy. Need ranked PvP and some actual thought going into world PvP.

Having valor 70 gear will only grow the gear differential between Imperial and Republic.

Imps can grab 160 valor per ilum kill, Republic is lucky to get 60 per ilum kill. That difference means you already have weeks difference between even-level 50's made on imp and republic hitting battlemaster.

funny thing is, on my server the repub outgears the imperial by a huge factor thanks to kill trading.

not to mention imperials get 0 valor for ilum kill if no one shows up, which is true 98+% of the time.

dont say that imperials have a gear advantage, im still 150 hours away from getting BM.

Edited by Ryotknife