Huttball - pulling into fire

EscVelocity

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do people rage hard and get so upset when a BH or Vanguard grapples them into acid or fire?

I've got 2 people still raging at me for doing it 2 weeks ago to them. had to put them on ignore tonight because they're getting beyond ridiculous.

part of the game.

Grapple someone into fire with no escape, then carbonise, then electro dart, then jump back and jet charge them is where its at, lol

pve server? heh, it's annoying, people might swear on vent, but it seems weird that you think of it as anything but part of the game at the end of the day.

Edited by Adzzy

Why do people rage hard and get so upset when a BH or Vanguard grapples them into acid or fire?

I've got 2 people still raging at me for doing it 2 weeks ago to them. had to put them on ignore tonight because they're getting beyond ridiculous.

IDK. But I think it's hilarious that people with complain nonstop about force speed, jumps, and rescue but not say a word about gripping the enemy into traps.

its because they think your laughing really really hard, and they can't do anything but watch there toon die.

Your laughing at there expense. So they emo, smash on their keyboards, and watch there epeen shrink

Edited by Yamok

I rage hard when a BH pulls me up his spawn ramp when I'm carrying the ball. That equals 49k damage, resulting in instakill.

But Fire pits\acid = fair and square. Those are intended to be natural hazards and knockbacks\pulls aren't there just for gap-closing\opening. I like push=>Firetrap BBQ with Stasis myself. Extremely satisfying.

Edited by Helig

I LOL at people who do that to me now, because they end up dying themselves. its easy enough to stun them yourself when they pull you in, allowing you to run out of the fire/green goo and letting them die, or knocking them further in. People have raged at me because their own grappel killed them, and they are like ***??? Funniest crap ever.

People rage over a lot of things OP. If they are not willing to learn how to counter such a thing then they shouldn't rage against you, but themselves.
I would love to know what you think can counter that.

Someone already posted the answer but people seem to have glazed over it for whatever reason. It's because without your cc breaker there is literally nothing you can do to prevent/counter it, and it takes very, very little skill to pull off. People dislike having someone press one or two buttons and to be forced to just watch your toon die in three seconds with literally zero ability to stop it. It's like getting stunned near the bridge on voidstar with no cc break and having to watch them get in position and knock you off. Only at least with that one you can prevent it by not going anywhere near the edge. Literally nothing you can do to stop getting insta-ganked into fire on huttball. Poor game design and makes for poor, frustrating gameplay.

Loss of control of your character and being pretty much killed with nothing you can do about it makes people pissed. This is also why we see QQ about knockbacks and stuns.

It would be an interesting discussion about how pulling someone into the fire or acid differs from the operative knockdown kill combo that received such harsh raging.

This ability is the hard counter to a Sage or Sorcerer who can pull their allies.

It sucks when it happens to you, but it's great when the other guy gets it.

It would be nice if people could spend a little less time QQing about the PvP and more time actually playing. Then maybe they would realize it's not so bad.

If every place in every warzone was a fire hazard, they'd be about the same.

Losing control of your character and dying to something that isn't the enemy player controlling you is just a little different....

If i pulled someone back into 4 marauders, a similar event would occur....

Edited by Adzzy