anyone else getting the SW Xbox?

dooseyboy

ive had it pre-ordered for a while now and i cant wait.

its pretty awesome, and it comes with the game and extra special Kinect games that hopefully dont get released to the public :p

im looking forward most of all to the actual box itself which has designs from R2-D2.

heres a video of it, tell me what you think about it, not the fact the next gen console isnt actually too far away and that i shouldnt get it ;)

ive had it pre-ordered for a while now and i cant wait.

its pretty awesome, and it comes with the game and extra special Kinect games that hopefully dont get released to the public :p

im looking forward most of all to the actual box itself which has designs from R2-D2.

heres a video of it, tell me what you think about it, not the fact the next gen console isnt actually too far away and that i shouldnt get it ;)

Rubbish...Had a 360 and it died on me...This brings nothing new.

Considering how much people rage about the space mini-game in SWTOR, I don't think that the Kinect Star Wars game is going to get much love here. Think you hate rails-shooter-in-space? Well, from what I've seen KSW is rails-lightsaber-battles-on-the-ground. Yeah, you get to swing for yourself and yes, the Kinect thing is cool, but the actual game looks way, way too restrictive for anything truly enjoyable.

Of course, it might be a way for some people to get some exercise between HEROICs and FLASHPOINTs.

As far as the hardware goes, the recent revisions of XBoxes are good quality for what they are: six year old tech. Yeah, I know that people had bad experienced with them six years ago, and that up to four years ago, they were still using a GPU assembly which had a tendency to pull away from its heatsink (thus frying some components). However, the recent models --in particular the S models that sold with the Kinect-- are much more reliable, as well as much quieter, much cooler, and much more efficient.

i can sort of understand people not liking it because of bad experiences and obivously we're all here for the PC SWTOR.

and yeah, the on rails stuff isnt a big thing for me.

look at Time Crisis, one of the longest lasting (arcade version anyway) most popular on rails shooter ever and i'll always like it.

i live by the saying "what ever floats your boat" but at least explain why it makes it float :)

I would get if as the Xbox itself is very cool but I don't want Kinect Star Wars. Also knowing the next Xbox is just around the corner I don't want to sink money into a new 360 if the 720 (or whatever it will be called) is coming up soon. Unless my current 360 dies. Which has not shown any sings so far and I have had it for 2+ years! I had to replace my original one 2 years ago after 10 months of use but this new one I was sent for free has been perfect.

• 1 month later...

I have been debating to get an xbox for years now and when I saw the limited edition star wars xbox I had to have it. I preordered it a couple days ago from buy.com and got an email that it has already been shipped and should be here tomorrow (03-31-12)

It's not supposed to be out until 04-03-12!?!

I don't play my PS3 that much and probably won't play the xbox that much either but It'll look cool on my shelf :p