Busy March

hawkeyesfan

Different Biowares...

Edmonton and Montreal are working on ME3, and SWTOR is all Austin.

And, they're NOT the same market share. SWTOR is an MMO, ME3 is a Mainly Single Player game, which would take 20~ hours probably to finish. Also, ME3 has a much larger Console Player base.

And, Oh wow... people can play 2 games at once!

It is the same market share sci fi dorks like all of us. With this game being so new you'd think they'd want to let this game get some traction before releasing a competing game. If you believe the naysayers, and i don't , this game is on the ropes. Regardless if people on a budget have to choose then they suffer considering this game is pretty new. Just seems like odd timing. Like if blizz decided to release d3 2 months after a new xpac.

The new patch is a content update in the form of a patch, not an expansion pack. If they were charging money then I would consider that you might, and I would like to stress that word, have a point. However, they aren't expecting you to have to buy both so there isn't any significant competition between games.

I disagree. Im very much a completionist and plan on possibly suspending my accont while i spend my available free time doing everything in me3. And i imagine others may do the same. I spent 100s of hours on fallouts and skyrim trying to do everything. Blizz normally releases blizz games in big lulls like a few months before a new xpac when many werent even playing wow until the new xpac. But i guess they are the billion dollar company so cool cant wait for me3

Why would BW release a major patch the same month as ME3? Seems like competing against yourself for the same market share. I realize that many don't play both but I'm betting that a large percentage do.

Even though I am still subscribed to Swtor for another month I have not played it for a week maybe a week and a half, I got bored of it and cannot bring myself to play, thus I won't resub. I will play the crap out of Mass Effect 3 and thus I will not be playing TOR all though even if ME3 never gets released I probably will never touch TOR again :p ME3 is likely the last hurrah for me and Bioware as if they **** it up like they did DA2 and in my opinion TOR then I am done with their games for good.

If ME3 sucks then maybe I will get lucky and BattleFront 3 will be released this year by Sparks although I bet they are working on The Force Unleashed 3 which nobody wants, lol.