The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Hydraulic Overrides not functioning as intended?

KvanCetre

The ability Hydraulic Overrides reads that it is supposed to increase movement speed by 30% when activated. I've noticed, however, that nothing happens when using sprint and High Energy Gas Cylinder.

In the Advanced Prototype tree, there is a talent that increases movement speed by 15% while High Energy Gas Cylinder is active.

It would appear that because we already have 15% from sprint and 15% from HEGC, we are not gaining any extra benefit.

Is this working as intended?

To slightly derail the topic, I've noticed that HO does NOT provide physics immunity against those Strong/Elite mobs levels 25+ who Stockstrike you 1 or 2 feet away. These are not proper knockbacks like a Force Push or Wookiee punch or anything; they are just minor knockbacks that still let you melee the enemy just fine.

Either:

1) HO is bugged and doesn't provide immunity against these physics attacks.

or

2) These attacks are supposed to just be channel/cast interrupts but with a better animation.

From what I noticed, the strongest effect overrides the weaker ones.

Sprint (35%) > Hydraulic Override (30%) > Prototype's movement speed (15%)

No, it does not stack in any way, I used sprint, while having the cylinder's buff, and used Hydraulic Override, nothing happened.

This was less than mont ago, so maybe they did change something I missed in patchnotes or "stealth patched".

• 1 month later...

seems to me that force choke is a physical effect too but like the "minor knockback" is more of an animation concern

basically, in-combat speed mechanics will stack to include mounts im almost positive (i was faster than a lvl 40 with rank 2 when i was rank 1 with speed talents).

Edited by Neptuno

To slightly derail the topic, I've noticed that HO does NOT provide physics immunity against those Strong/Elite mobs levels 25+ who Stockstrike you 1 or 2 feet away. These are not proper knockbacks like a Force Push or Wookiee punch or anything; they are just minor knockbacks that still let you melee the enemy just fine.

Either:

1) HO is bugged and doesn't provide immunity against these physics attacks.

or

2) These attacks are supposed to just be channel/cast interrupts but with a better animation.

i have been bothered by this as well... hunkerdown or what ever it is snipers do that makes their cover larger will stop Gargj from knocking them back but HO does not stop him from knocking a PT back... IMO there is something wrong with that.

Same goes for Jindo Krey in False Emp, he is able to grapple you with HO on, when you are "immune" to physics attacks.

i have been bothered by this as well... hunkerdown or what ever it is snipers do that makes their cover larger will stop Gargj from knocking them back but HO does not stop him from knocking a PT back... IMO there is something wrong with that.

Same goes for Jindo Krey in False Emp, he is able to grapple you with HO on, when you are "immune" to physics attacks.

LOL I dunno call me crazy, I guess it is better to spec pyro since the bells and whistles you sacrifice dps/burst for as AP dont even work :p

Sorry couldnt resist :)

LOL I dunno call me crazy, I guess it is better to spec pyro since the bells and whistles you sacrifice dps/burst for as AP dont even work :p

Sorry couldnt resist :)

funny how everyone claims that but no-one can prove that... Now there was a similar thing was Marauders between Annihilation and Carnage, but though math and REAL TESTING it was proven that annihilation was about 20% better damage. However the most anyone has said about AP and Pyro is AP sucks because it relys on melee and Pyro is better because if you get lucky you cn burst someone down quickly.

No-one has proven anything about AP being bad damage in fact many say it has better sustained damage then pyro. It is certainly more useful as far as interrupts go, it is more mobile and does not rely on the one skill that is on the "hit" table meaning you do not have to get accuracy on your gear which in turn allow for greater DPS stats further increasing the damage output.

Now i will agree that Pyro will do more damage the AP when you do not fix the gear (meaning removing accuracy from it) but i will not agree that a properly geared AP BH is less damage then a Pyro BH.

It is such a shame that you guys make blanket statement without even knowing the mechanics of the game.

funny how everyone claims that but no-one can prove that... Now there was a similar thing was Marauders between Annihilation and Carnage, but though math and REAL TESTING it was proven that annihilation was about 20% better damage. However the most anyone has said about AP and Pyro is AP sucks because it relys on melee and Pyro is better because if you get lucky you cn burst someone down quickly.

No-one has proven anything about AP being bad damage in fact many say it has better sustained damage then pyro. It is certainly more useful as far as interrupts go, it is more mobile and does not rely on the one skill that is on the "hit" table meaning you do not have to get accuracy on your gear which in turn allow for greater DPS stats further increasing the damage output.

Now i will agree that Pyro will do more damage the AP when you do not fix the gear (meaning removing accuracy from it) but i will not agree that a properly geared AP BH is less damage then a Pyro BH.

It is such a shame that you guys make blanket statement without even knowing the mechanics of the game.

Funny how you just dont see to pay attention to the world of Powertech that's outside of your AP bubble.

In 1.2 live there is a parse right now. With the Pyro Nerf and the AP buff, and Pyro is parsing about 6% higher. So what do you think the difference is right now without 1.2?? Is that too hard to even guess?

And funny how you say "many say AP bla bla bla...". What "many"?! there are litterally maybe 2-3 people playing AP and you're one of them lol

HO is very odd, sometimes it stacks with the baseline movement speed increase from the 2points in the specifc AP talent and sometimes it doesn't.

Also while AP is currently pretty far below Pyro, I was able to hit around 500k with it last warzone.(I only used FT, not DFA).

Edited by LoKiei

It doesn't stack with Sprint.

It should work tho right?

I mean whats the point of it even doing what it does? You have sprint by lvl 14 you can not even have points in HO by that time.So why is it even there?

I think the speed burst should be working but does not.

It should work tho right?

I mean whats the point of it even doing what it does? You have sprint by lvl 14 you can not even have points in HO by that time.So why is it even there?

I think the speed burst should be working but does not.

Because you aren't sprinting in combat.

HO is very odd, sometimes it stacks with the baseline movement speed increase from the 2points in the specifc AP talent and sometimes it doesn't.

Also while AP is currently pretty far below Pyro, I was able to hit around 500k with it last warzone.(I only used FT, not DFA).

We all know how farming AOE damage to inflate your performance in a WZ is crucial to winning :p

Actually my only AOE was FT and I used it on single targets. The wz was voidstar and I had a healer.

Then you would have reached 600K+ as a pyro in that scenario :) Which I did the rare times I had a pocket healer.

@Agooz

Can you please stop derailing the thread (and really any other AP-centric thread)? If you love PyroTech and hate AP, feel free to start a new thread and discuss your feelings there.

This thread is a discussion about Hydraulic Overrides. If you don't have any findings or anything useful to add to this topic, please refrain from posting on this thread.

@Everyone Else

To the OP and those still unclear about it: movement speed boosts typically do not stack; only the greatest effect affects you. That said, out-of-combat HO and Pneumatic Boots movement speed won't do anything for you since Sprint is 35% movement speed. In-combat, however, you will have +15% movement speed via Pneumatic Boots or +30% if you turn on HO (the two again do not stack).

That said, due to the title of the thread, I did want to bring up that HO's physics immunity doesn't work properly in PvE. Certain mobs still knock you back 1 or 2 feet and can pull you; this is a problem for cover-using classes as well. NPC abilities disregard these physics- and charge-immunity mechanics altogether.

Edited by Mapex