OPS Loot Nonsense!!!

I know this has probably been said before but the way the loot system works right now in OPS is totally un-acceptable. I am SICK and TIRED of it to be quite frank. For example tonight my guild did 8-man EV (normal), an off-hand dropped which I needed and it went to another consular who already has it. I'll repeat again, HE ALREADY HAS THE ITEM!! so how does it make sense for the system to give it to him AGAIN... he can't use it, he doesn't need it... talk about feeling cheated. Last week the Columi Lower Robe dropped, a consular was given it, but she already had the item THREE TIMES!!! Guys, either put in a good old fashioned need or greed system or at least have a check put in place to exclude the person from getting an item if he/she already has it equipped or in their bag etc...

The person who thought up this scheme and people who agreed it would be a good idea are, in my opinion, BRAINLESS!!!...

that is all...

thanx.

Edited by Flain

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting, when I went to an EV Ops two weeks ago (first time I should add), if a BH Columi item dropped all mercenaries and powertechs in the raid got the item. I thought it was strange but assumed it was intended, was it just bugged in my run that everyone could get a lot of duplicated loot? Edited by Salty_Wagyu

I did one last night and got a BoA Tionese Warmaster's Glove for Heavy ( I am Med.) and an Infinite Power Supply crafting material for some other profession. It ALSO is Bind on Acquire so I have TWO completely useless purple things unless I change professions at Level 50. No other drops for me. At all.

What. The. Hell. ??

Last night my guild ran Reg EV. I am a dps spec guardian and I ended up with a piece of columi I already had, a tanking headpiece, and our main tank recieved a piece of columi I needed. Loot system is trying too hard to break away from the traditional mmo style distribution system.

Some other games have had similar systems with great success. The main problem is this game in particular is designed as a clone of a subset of MMOs that didn't work this way, so most players are "used" to another system. The main issue here is that people see what others are getting, and the grouping system isn't pug friendly, so you're more likely to run with the same people all the time.

That said, if you're in a group that have so many pieces of columi that its becoming a problem with people getting the same loot over and over, just hit hard mode's first 4 bosses. They're not really much harder (just higher gear requirements really, and only marginally so), and you can assign stuff any way you can.

Karagga's palace is where it gets a bit dicey, since one could argue its a little difficult for a pug friendly loot mechanic. Some think its the easiest way ever, so maybe its just me.

Last night my guild ran Reg EV. I am a dps spec guardian and I ended up with a piece of columi I already had, a tanking headpiece, and our main tank recieved a piece of columi I needed. Loot system is trying too hard to break away from the traditional mmo style distribution system.

EV only drops tokens when it comes to columi. You can't have gotten a tank-specific columi piece. Are you talking about energized or whatever?

Edited by PhoenixMatrix

The gear system is pretty awful. I've been raiding for a month now, and I've gotten only a single piece of gear that was an upgrade. I honestly just gear up through PVP because the Champion set is only a little worse than Columi, yet is by far easier to obtain.

Not to mention the system has a heavy bias for a few people. Of all the ops we've cleared, there have been a number of us who have walked away with not a single drop, and some people who get 2-3 Columi plus some T1 gear on top of it in a SINGLE ops, let alone going through the other one. And this all ignores the fact that the gear that drops half the time isn't even for your role, our tanks keep getting DPS gear, and DPS getting tank gear.

As the system is normal mode raids are worthless unless your one of the chosen. I seriously have no idea why they dropped the loot bag system they were originally talking about. It sounded far better than this waste of time we have now.

I like the looting system. Sometimes you get duplicates and it sucks. You shouldn't be fully geared after 2 runs, imo. Sorry for your bad luck and I feel that, but your argument is from some sense of entitlement.

The argument is that they allow you to choose a looting mode, then make that mode invalid. And then penalize you for actually choosing that mode.

If my group chooses to go in with Master Looter, there's no reason the game should decide to auto-assign loot for us. This isn't a WoW LFG/LFR, where I can at least see some sense in locking it to a single method.

And to top it off, if you do try and do Master Looter in any raid, not just in Normal Modes, the bosses are kind enough to stop dropping the BoP crafting mats for you as well.

I've got no issue if they decide to make auto-assign an option in the selection. But to let groups choose a method, then invalidate that choice, then penalize them for trying to make that choice?

That's not "entitlement", that's just expecting the same out of this MMO as in every other MMO.

This loot system is fine for the easiest version of the raid that any faceroller can do.

Once you get to hard, which really isnt that much harder, you can now divvy out the loot.

The system for normal is in place to prevent whining from puggers.

Any real guild shouldn't be doing normal past the first 2 weeks and just do hard mode. The only difficult fight in hard mode is soa, and that might just be because he's got a bunch of bugs.

As always, the misconception that random = hard work is wrong. It's cool you gotta work for something, it makes no sense it has to be random. Make it like PvP champion and it's good. The more you do, the more gear you get, without it being random anymore.

I was quite astonished when i saw this "loot-system".

Im usually a pvp player, but i did get some tank gear on the side, just in case. Now, yesterday my guild was missing 1 tank and i had to jump in for ev (my first run). It went well and we cleared the whole thing. The thing i found rather wierd is that random assign system. Nearly all my guild mates have the gear that drops in ev already, 80% the gear that droped i could have used, but i didnt get a single thing cause i was not "destined" to have it. Personally i couldnt care less about pve drops, but my guildies were raging quite hard on my part^^

Even so i can see that its a bit of a flawed system and needs some patching up. Sorry for all you guys that were unlucky with it.

Edited by Apphael

I know this has probably been said before but the way the loot system works right now in OPS is totally un-acceptable. I am SICK and TIRED of it to be quite frank. For example tonight my guild did 8-man EV (normal), an off-hand dropped which I needed and it went to another consular who already has it. I'll repeat again, HE ALREADY HAS THE ITEM!! so how does it make sense for the system to give it to him AGAIN... he can't use it, he doesn't need it... talk about feeling cheated. Last week the Columi Lower Robe dropped, a consular was given it, but she already had the item THREE TIMES!!! Guys, either put in a good old fashioned need or greed system or at least have a check put in place to exclude the person from getting an item if he/she already has it equipped or in their bag etc...

The person who thought up this scheme and people who agreed it would be a good idea are, in my opinion, BRAINLESS!!!...

that is all...

thanx.

Your guild should be doing hard modes and another rant on this is counterproductive. There is a good reason why this system is in place.

When you do get to hard modes; turn off master looter, everyone needs to turn off autoloot and enable area loot, only one person should the boss, you can link a pc without the timer starting but once you attempt to loot a pc it WILL start.

Loot bag got lost in development. Instead we got the most buggy loot system in all mmo's in the entire world.

well done biowere!

fix this **** seriously...

Yawn. They asked about loot distribution over 4 months ago. From, both the community AND the beta testers. This is what the people who participated settled on. You didn't vote then you have no say now.

Edited by Foenixz

true, there are loot issues in HMs and Normal OPs - but honestly once you start doing Hard/NM Ops it gets worse...

couse after your able to clear boteh Ops in Hard Mode - guess what - each Boss drops 4 T3 Rakata Tokens --> if your really unlucky it takes maybe 3-4 weeks (or as few as 2 if your lucky) to get your full T3 Set and what then? you don't need any more tokens and keep playing to get some Mod/Enhancement Drops to replace those terrible ones currently in the Set

--> the loot drops are fail too - way too much drops - its offset in Normal mode atem due to assigne loot but there just isn't much incentive left to do those ops after your T3 geared...

I like the looting system. Sometimes you get duplicates and it sucks. You shouldn't be fully geared after 2 runs, imo. Sorry for your bad luck and I feel that, but your argument is from some sense of entitlement.

You're right. It should only take 1 run. That's why there is no need to take our new people into Normal mode. We'll just bring them into hard mode and give them what we want.

This loot system is fine for the easiest version of the raid that any faceroller can do.

Once you get to hard, which really isnt that much harder, you can now divvy out the loot.

The system for normal is in place to prevent whining from puggers.

Any real guild shouldn't be doing normal past the first 2 weeks and just do hard mode. The only difficult fight in hard mode is soa, and that might just be because he's got a bunch of bugs.

This x 10.

EV / KP Normal = Designed to be extremely pug friendly (WoW's LFR system), hence the pug like loot system

EV / KP Hard = The typical WoW like normal difficulty Operation

EV / KP Nightmare = The equivalent of WoW's hard modes.

You should be doing hard modes as a guild tbh.

This x 10.

EV / KP Normal = Designed to be extremely pug friendly (WoW's LFR system), hence the pug like loot system

EV / KP Hard = The typical WoW like normal difficulty Operation

EV / KP Nightmare = The equivalent of WoW's hard modes.

You should be doing hard modes as a guild tbh.

Was about to say this, not like they couldnt introduce a raidvote system that would allow puggers to overrule the default lootsystem and set it to masterloot.

But in all honesty the loot for that kind of difficulty is way too good anyway if you could now also select who gets what then they might aswell just put an NPC in front of EV where you can buy your T2 gear for 100Creds each.

Was about to say this, not like they couldnt introduce a raidvote system that would allow puggers to overrule the default lootsystem and set it to masterloot.

But in all honesty the loot for that kind of difficulty is way too good anyway if you could now also select who gets what then they might aswell just put an NPC in front of EV where you can buy your T2 gear for 100Creds each.

Yep. We clear it in about 30-40 minutes and we are in only half columni / full columi, which most people have when they go in anyways.

Easiest fix?

Just remove the stupid BoP on the PvE items, If this game's retarded loot system gives my Jugger some SW gear that I don't need while my Marauder friend doesn't get crap, shouldn't I be able to at least trade it to him?

Edited by _Zorth_