1v1 as rage little info would be great

bountyhunterzzzz

Hey guys I was anni for the longest time but it started to get boring in pvp really in a "fair" 1v1 I could kill everyone else I wanted to know from the rage community if it's the same or how you fair. I understand the dynamics of the class and thenpotentials of the specs and rages intense instant burst is a pvp winner for me for KSing controlling pooling at nodes and all around who docent like huge numbers, haven't got a chance to test or the 1v1 as of yet so let me know how you guys feel regarding Rage

Sorry for the lack of grammar I'm on my iPhone

Any constructive criticism is welcome

First off. You have to stay mobile. Make use of the movement buff you get from Obliterate. Secondly, your primary focus is damage so you'll be using Berserk mixed with Shii-Cho to really pump out damage, especially if you're near two people. One on one a good start is Charge, Battering Assault, Crush then Choke, Obliterate, then Smash. Put a slow in there if the enemy is getting away from you (Crippling Slash). As for any real strategy there is nothing that Kiba's guide won't tell you.

I feel that rage is stronger then annihilation.

1v1 you can't compete with self heals and internal damage.

On top of that, even Kricys concedes that Annihilation is incredibly overpowering compared to Rage.

Edited by Kibaken

Self heal that in the course of a 1v1 fight are incredible marginal, having heavy burst attacks make up fir and surpass minute healing

The burst is incredibly intermittent. Annihilation's damage - and healing, for that matter, depending on your Crit - is over time. Annihilate can hit very hard - bleeds timed with a hard-hitting Annihilate will burst as hard or harder than a Smash.

You do really well 1v1 due to the slows.

force charge>crush (starts to slow them down)>battering a>smash(after that they're not slow anymore)>force choke>obliterate(now you're sped up)>smash then you can get your rage back up and start over again with crush.

If they're still alive after the 3rd smash, and force choke and crush won't pop up for a bit then you beserk>vicious slash x 6. Then start all over again.

Edited by Finnyous

Rage mara's are an easy fight as anni. No one did it to me because... well most of the mara's on my server are crust but if it's 1v1 rage will never get his smash buffs.

Trinket the choke and interrupt it, vanish the crush. By the time rupture/deadly saber are up and the first annihilate hits the dudes at 50%.

Rage is still nice in groups tho when no one is focusing you.

Edited by Kricys

Hey guys I was anni for the longest time but it started to get boring in pvp really in a "fair" 1v1 I could kill everyone else I wanted to know from the rage community if it's the same or how you fair. I understand the dynamics of the class and thenpotentials of the specs and rages intense instant burst is a pvp winner for me for KSing controlling pooling at nodes and all around who docent like huge numbers, haven't got a chance to test or the 1v1 as of yet so let me know how you guys feel regarding Rage

Sorry for the lack of grammar I'm on my iPhone

Any constructive criticism is welcome

Rage shines in group pvp, has some trouble in 1v1's with smart players. Vulnerable to smash missing when knocked back, and as it was stated earlier, if your choke is trinketed and crush nullifed (anni. camo, assassin shroud), you'll have a hard time building up your stacks.

Overall though I'd say I fair very well against most players 1v1, I can think of maybe 3 people opposite faction and 5-6 people of my own that give me a run for my money. Your hardest 1v1's will likely be anni. marauders and sin tanks.

Rage it too unreliable in my opinion, it can miss it's only real significant move and the rage generation and cool downs make it very very burst damage.... but such a quick burst that it isn't a guarantee to take anybody down. Sure it can inflict a lot of damage... AoE but annihilation can do just as much overall damage but on focused, single targets which means more actual kills.... Also annihilation gets faster fury building which can be significant too. Overall annihilation out does rage, the only point where I can say that rage is better is when you're out-geared since boosts damage reduction but when you're move on par against others then annihilation is easily the superior.

From my point of view annihilation and rage have different purposes in the game. I mean that annihilation is a single target damage which you constantly output onto your enemy. This makes it the only vaiable option for PvE but I`m not so sure about PvP. On the one hand you get best mobility compared to other spec but on the other, dealing heavy damage to single enemy in most situations is just not enough. Yes it`s true that you can bring the hell onto the targeted healer but for example on voidstar \ domination you will still do to low DPS to do anything game changing.

Rage is not vaiable for PvE (i`m not speaking about leveling) because of a possiblity to break CC. But in PvP it gives you an insane and easy to build up aoe damage which makes it great for voidstar \ domination. This spec lacks the mobility of the annihilation though which really sucks while playing hutt ball.

So to sum up i don`t think that there is a good universal spec for PvP. The best would be to mix movement abilities from annihilation with the aoe damage output from rage. But saddly it`s not going to happen. So everything now depeends on your preferences, warzone type and on the fact if your are soloqueueing or bitting the **** out of people with your premade team.

If i were soloqueueing,being all about dmg stats and ditching huttball i would go for rage. In anyother situation i would go annihilation ...and i actually do ;)

Rage it too unreliable in my opinion, it can miss it's only real significant move and the rage generation and cool downs make it very very burst damage.... but such a quick burst that it isn't a guarantee to take anybody down. Sure it can inflict a lot of damage... AoE but annihilation can do just as much overall damage but on focused, single targets which means more actual kills.... Also annihilation gets faster fury building which can be significant too. Overall annihilation out does rage, the only point where I can say that rage is better is when you're out-geared since boosts damage reduction but when you're move on par against others then annihilation is easily the superior.

Looking at this from a group pvp perspective, you need to remember that controlled burst is more benficial than steady dps. Marauder is not a class that benefits from dragging fights out. AoE burst has two large advantages that I can think of off hand. When focusing on a healer, that healer is going to need to focus on himself more than his teammates, your aoe is providing a sizable contribution to bringing secondary targets down, which your teammates may be focused on. Secondly, being able to bring down multiple people at roughly the same time makes it much harder for defenders to stagger re-entrance, giving a turret capper or bomb planter team a sizable advantage in achieving objectives.

As for Fury, it's largely a non issue. Pop Frenzy as soon as you appear in a match, and refresh Predation as you go. There are few cases where you'll be using Bloodthirst (as the cooldown does not allow for continual use) or Berserk (which is mostly useful if you've exhausted your Smash rotations and need some improvised aoe while cooldowns refresh).

Edited by AGoldCrayon