What if tey Re-Made Star Wars

keiklo

i know I'm treading in deep water here, but seriously what if a new Director took over and Re-Made the Star Wars movies from a whole new prospective. As hated as he is i think Micheal Bay would be fantastic for the Classic trilogy with all the fighting and explosions. But who would you want to do it, and would you pay to see it if it wasn't the original 1977 version. Also what actors would you want to play your favorite's.

Han Solo- Robert Downy Jr.

Princess Leia - Zooey Deschanel

Boba Fett- Jason Statham

Luke Skywalker - Alex Pettyfer

Obi Wan - Ewan McGregor

Vader - Denzel Washington

Emperor Sir Ian McKellen

i know I'm treading in deep water here, but seriously what if a new Director took over and Re-Made the Star Wars movies from a whole new prospective. As hated as he is i think Micheal Bay would be fantastic for the Classic trilogy with all the fighting and explosions. But who would you want to do it, and would you pay to see it if it wasn't the original 1977 version. Also what actors would you want to play your favorite's.

Han Solo- Robert Downy Jr.

Princess Leia - Zooey Deschanel

Boba Fett- Jason Statham

Luke Skywalker - Alex Pettyfer

Obi Wan - Ewan McGregor

Vader - Denzel Washington

Emperor Sir Ian McKellen

Yep, I would say you are probably treading in the deep end here. Star Wars fans get the nerd rage on pretty quickly. I wouldn't enjoy them if it was just a re-hash of the same thing with a new generation of actors and actresses. If they changed it around a bit like they did with the Dark Knight series it might be interesting.

It's not a question of if, but when. Yes star wars fans would hate it, but they ceased to be relevant when they hate the prequels and show up first in line to give their money for it.

There is money in remakes. It will happen. Just pray they have an excellent director.

Edited by maxetius

It's not a question of if, but when.

Probably won't be until Lucas passes away. And most of the fans that can recall seeing one of the three original movies in the theater, (I was six when RoTJ came out, it's the first movie i remember seeing in the theater) as well.

what if Peter Jackson and Christopher Nolan teamed up and remade all 6 movies in their vision, it would be the same characters we know and love but the film would be a whole new and fresh view. Honestly I loved LOTR and The Dark Knight series so far and these 2 directors could do an awesome job refreshing SW for the new generation of course the originals would never be replaced, but we have sen it sooooooooo many times it would be nice to get a course that isnt spoiled.

Bringing to light here batman, was done alot and the dark knight still blew away its fans beyond anything you have ever seen in a batman movie.

LoTR is considered the second epic saga of our generation.

Lots of movies have been remade later in life by a new cast and director and blew away the expectations of everyone.

I was born well after the movies finished their theater run. And I Will agree with you, as long as Lucas is around he will exert 'creative control' that will result in mediocre movies.

Best to just give the reins to an excellent director and let them make an inspired vision of the galaxy far away.

What baffles me is Lucas's bizarre insistence that what happens in this fantasy land must conform to his every wish or desire. It made him rich, gave legions of people entertainment, why does he act like his own crazy fans by insisting that his vision is absolute and can never be deviated from, and everyone who disagrees is wrong wrong wrong. Also the world Is against him.

Creeps me out.

Oh, if there's money in it, it will happen. And it will.

But it is how much influence Lucas has that will determine if they are movies of amazing quality like LOTR (that deviated from the source material)or more in the being of the prequels.

I don't believe Lucas will allow deviations in the name of 'good story' or 'character development'

what if Peter Jackson and Christopher Nolan teamed up and remade all 6 movies in their vision, it would be the same characters we know and love but the film would be a whole new and fresh view. Honestly I loved LOTR and The Dark Knight series so far and these 2 directors could do an awesome job refreshing SW for the new generation of course the originals would never be replaced, but we have sen it sooooooooo many times it would be nice to get a course that isnt spoiled.

Bringing to light here batman, was done alot and the dark knight still blew away its fans beyond anything you have ever seen in a batman movie.

LoTR is considered the second epic saga of our generation.

Lots of movies have been remade later in life by a new cast and director and blew away the expectations of everyone.

If Peter Jackson directed the re-makes, do you think Luke and Han would appear to have some same sex romance arc going on? That was the one thing that bothered me through LoTR, I cringed everytime Frodo and Same got into one of their sappy "hug me" scenes.

Back on track though, this was a discussion about who you would want to Direct it, write it, and play your favorite characters. We know it would never be the original and it couldn't have the same story cause it wouldn't be made by Lucas. But lets get back on track here, If and when they remake the Trilogy Who would you want to make it and Star in it.

NO!!!!

Leave the originals fricken alone!:mad: They are fine, if anything, those three crappy movies need to be remade without Lucas.

I personally think a remake - done by George Lucas - IS leaving the originals alone.

If Lucas would just remake the OT so it matched exactly with the prequels, maybe he'd leave the actual originals alone.

People that like the prequels would have their own 4-6, and I could have my own, unaltered 4-6.

I still have the original Clash of the Titans, even though they remade it. With the special editions, however, I don't have a blu ray of the OT. If he just did remakes, I could, because they would be two completely separate films... not just the same films "touched up."

I say leave the orginals alone. There are many stories that have been written in the Star Wars world that could be made into movies. It would give the new Star Wars fans something of their own to call just like the orginal movies people like me have called ours.

Dear God no. Especially not with that cast.

Remakes/reboots are fine if the original idea was good but the implementation came up significantly short for whatever reason.

Batman reboot? Ok, I can see that.

Spiderman reboot? /facepalm

If they did do a remake, they need to cast it the way Lucas originally cast it: by ensemble. Chemistry between actors was a critical part of the success of the originals, and a critical part of the failure (artistically) of the prequels. Casting by ensemble looks at chemistry first, and star names or individual look/appeal takes a back seat.

lmao at michael bay, jason statham, and denzel washington. I could already picture Vader saying "king kong...aint got **** on me". But seriously, could you think of any worse actors to choose from... my god how that movie would be dumb. LOL @ alex pettyfer (just looked him up) id much rather take Anton Yelchin. Edited by xalexinchainsx

If Peter Jackson directed the re-makes, do you think Luke and Han would appear to have some same sex romance arc going on? That was the one thing that bothered me through LoTR, I cringed everytime Frodo and Same got into one of their sappy "hug me" scenes.

Not Han and Luke. Buit if Jackson re-did the prequels as well, the relationship between Obi-Wan and Anakin might give that sort of vibe because I think he would make the bond between Master and Padawan seem much more deep.

Are you American? Americans often don't fully understand the Frodo/Sam relationship. It's based on the old British tradition of master and servant, and the (non-romantic) love between them despite the difference in class and station.

As long as Lucas is alive there will be no remakes. Star Wars is his baby, he can't leave it alone and I don't see him allowing anyone to retouch his work without his say so. Remaking any of his films will have to wait until he has been gone for a long while. Have to say I'm thankful for that.

Are you American? Americans often don't fully understand the Frodo/Sam relationship. It's based on the old British tradition of master and servant, and the (non-romantic) love between them despite the difference in class and station.

It has nothing to do with the master and servant relationship...It has to do with 2 best friends going through a life changing string of events together. All the hardships they both encountered, all the numerous times they almost died. You better believe that will bring 2 friends closer together. I'm American and I enjoyed the way it portrayed the brotherhood of Sam & Frodo. Made the ending much more sad.

Give it to either Ridley Scott or Peter Jackson. Let them remake RotJ (ep 6) and the prequels.

Not Ridley Scott. He's obsesses over details and authenticity too much for a Star Wars movie. Not that that is a bad thing, it's very good for his kind of film making, but not for a Star Wars movie.

Peter Jackson would be perfect though... maybe a joint project alongside Neill Blomkamp :D

lmao at michael bay, jason statham, and denzel washington. I could already picture Vader saying "king kong...aint got **** on me". But seriously, could you think of any worse actors to choose from... my god how that movie would be dumb. LOL @ alex pettyfer (just looked him up) id much rather take Anton Yelchin.

Michael Bay for Destruction has no equals, did you see transformers, any of them?

Jason Statham as Boba seriously can you think of anyone else currently more bad ***.

Denzel would play a great vader hes got the deep voice and hes an amazing actor.

And Alex is relitivly unknown but would seriously be a great Luke, hes got he boyish looks and great on screen charisma