What if tey Re-Made Star Wars

keiklo

Michael Bay for Destruction has no equals, did you see transformers, any of them?

Jason Statham as Boba seriously can you think of anyone else currently more bad ***.

Denzel would play a great vader hes got the deep voice and hes an amazing actor.

And Alex is relitivly unknown but would seriously be a great Luke, hes got he boyish looks and great on screen charisma

I would not want some "pretty boy" model to kill one of my childhood heroes. No thanks.

I would not want some "pretty boy" model to kill one of my childhood heroes. No thanks.

You do know which one was luke right?

Also with your above comment and LMAO signiture i Cant take you seriously and i also question your manhood

Edited by keiklo

The real key to ANY Star Wars movie is keeping the writing and directorial reigns away from George Lucas. He has proven himself completely inept in both categories.

As far as redoing any of the current movies, no, they should not be done. We should keep the dream of Ep. 3-5 alive in our generation and our next, and continue to pretend that Ep. 1-3 do not exist. I believe we're fine, though, considering that as long as George Lucas is alive, he will not allow anyone to "reboot" Star Wars. Of course, the only thing we have to worry about is George Lucas himself ruining them... you know, with time traveling Mandalorians and whatnot.

It's my dream, though, that George Lucas would allow a competent writer and director to take advantage of the rich expanded universe that Star Wars has. Hell, if they were to make a movie using the Legacy era using much of the original cast without their ages seeming out of place.

Not Han and Luke. Buit if Jackson re-did the prequels as well, the relationship between Obi-Wan and Anakin might give that sort of vibe because I think he would make the bond between Master and Padawan seem much more deep.

Are you American? Americans often don't fully understand the Frodo/Sam relationship. It's based on the old British tradition of master and servant, and the (non-romantic) love between them despite the difference in class and station.

Yes I am an American. I am a world traveling American so I am not culturally isolated like us Americans tend to get. With that being said, I got the whole master and servant connection from the books. It just felt like they went over the top with it in the movies.

Yes I am an American. I am a world traveling American so I am not culturally isolated like us Americans tend to get. With that being said, I got the whole master and servant connection from the books. It just felt like they went over the top with it in the movies.

I actually had it explained to me in the RPG books.

You do know which one was luke right?

Also with your above comment and LMAO signiture i Cant take you seriously and i also question your manhood

Whats wrong with my above comment? the fact that I would not want some B actor to play a major role such as Luke Skywalker? Whats "LMAO" about my signature? the fact that I like a QB that led his team to 11-5 one season and 7-3 the next before getting injured. All with a crap O-line and WR's. Seems that you're the one that should not be taken seriously with the lame cast you chose for your pretend re-creation.

The first question would be, does the story would still work?

You will notice with a lot of "remakes" like Star Trek and The Dark Knight, not only the lead roles changed a lot but also the whole supportive cast.

They aim for a new audience.

- Can Luke's role as a overconfident late Teen from a backwater place still work? (Remote Uncle Farm in the 70s)

I've get get feeling today's Luke may end up as a Scoundrel on Coruscat. (We need that anti-Hero -heroism)

While at it, there is no place for Han anymore. His role is merged with Luke. (Scoundrel Luke working the city replaces that role)

- No Wookies, sadly there is no place for them anymore, the target audience does not like them, the role of the ship mechanic who acts as a comic relive filler will be placed on a Weequay who likes to blow up stuff and kick droids. Nameless droids now do all the maintenance / repair work too.

- C3Po will replaced by a female cyborg who used to be an infiltrator and scout on the imperial Army. Does all the dirty work for the rebels and later luke, get almost killed a few times. New Codename is PN05. She rejects all attempts of luke to get closer to each other. PN05 later get jealous of Leia over Luke.

- R2D2 stays, but now with less "feeps". His playtime cut by 90%. He will be pure supportive to convince "star wars universe got droids". New PN05 will do all the "we didn't see that coming" insane plot twists to help Luke out.

- Princess Leia will be transformed from the upper class snob governor daughter to the rebellious sith daughter of Vader who hates the empire and her Father, and strolls out as a bounty hunter with Boba.

(Teams up with Greedo to hunt down a Scoundrel called Luke on coruscant).

Luke shot first and impressed Leia. (you know the rest).

- Vader will remain as he is, but his shoulder Pats will increase by 400%. He will dual wield Lightswords.

- The Emperor will look like in the mid third thees full of black scars and does more killing himself. And will numerous times lecture Vader and beat him back into his place.

- Obiwan will look like mid 40 and be appears to be lightly about life. While secretly fearing to fall off the balance as a grey jedi who made some dark decisions in the past years. Now tempted by the dark side to fall for hate, after his former apprentice Vader murdered his secret Love Padme.

The basic plot line would be about a Scoundrel (Luke) and Bounty hunter (Leia) roaming the outer rim with PN05 while getting mixed up to fight the empire directly. By chance they meet up Obiwan. Obiwan senses something is wrong with Luke and Leia. The Death Star now blows up Naboo. While realizing that, Obiwan tells his story and about the jedi.

Leia initially want to kill Obiwan because of the false stories of the Sith (Vader) that Obiwan had killed her mother.

The ultimate conclusion would be Luke and Laia are only half Sister and brother, Luke is Obiwans son and Leia Vader's true daughter from Padme.

Vader kills Obiwan and while Leia is holding the dying Obiwan he confesses the true story.

Luke seeing Leia over Obiwans corpse with her father nearby leads him to swear vengeance for the betrayal.

Vader believing Luke is his true son, sends Leia to convert him to the dark side.

Events that lead to PN05 getting stranded on a remote jungle planet.

Eventually The emperor kills Leia and makes Vader to finally fulfill his prophecy and kill the Emperor with the help of Luke.

While the 2nd Death Star blows up, we see PN05 fall to the dark side while slaying Ewoks in an ancient Sith temple, there she discovers her true lineage of a daughter of the Emperor.

:p

The original films don't need remaking, but it might be interesting to try.

Give the director job to Joss Whedon. He's more than proven he can ensembles (just about everything he's been involved in), that he understands space opera (Firefly), that he can direct a damn fine SF movie (Serenity) and barring unforeseen disaster this year THe Avengers should show he can handle blockbuster budgets.

Get Joss to do the script too. Strap him in a powered chair with intravenous caffeine and cocaine, clone him, threaten to feed his children to the midichlorians - whatever it takes. The man needs to do both jobs.

Casting I'd mostly leave up to the director, part of his job is to put together an ensemble that works together. They could be known actors or unknowns, as long as they fit the roles and each other. Probably means we'd get Nathan Fillion as Han Solo - fair enough, there was a lot of Solo in Mal Reynolds' DNA anyway. As a bonus, that probably means Morena Baccarin as Leia. Morena Baccarin is ALWAYS a bonus.

I'd ask for Michael Fassbender as Tarkin. Hugo Weaving is now Hollywood's go-to man for masked menace so he would be an obvious choice for Vader. I think they should resist just so they aren't TOO obvious, but wouldn't be heartbroken if they did.

Having said all that - given those people and that budget, I'd remake episodes 1 to 3 instead. Those are actually flawed films where a glimmer of decent plot is buried under trite dialogue, wooden acting, uninspired directing and a kid-in-a-candy-shop unrestrained orgy of distracting CGI. Creating masterpiece versions of those films would be a real service.

There are some great suggestions in this thread, but this is how it would really go down in Hollywood:

Han Solo- The Rock

Princess Leia - Megan Fox

Boba Fett- rewritten/replaced with a "funny", talking frog

Luke Skywalker - Zac Efron

Obi Wan - Marky Mark Walberg

Vader - Shia Lebouf

Edited by PibbyPib

There are some great suggestions in this thread, but this is how it would really go down in Hollywood:

Han Solo- The Rock

Princess Leia - Megan Fox

Boba Fett- rewritten/replaced with a "funny", talking frog

Luke Skywalker - Zac Efron

Obi Wan - Marky Mark Walberg

Vader - Shia Lebouf

I rofl'ed ^^

What about some justice?

A trilogy, hell one GOOD movie that explains the gap between PT and OT that:

- Turns Vader from whiny, spoiled, love struck teenage brat and finishing out order 66

- Height of power of the Empire,

- dissolution of the senate, and

- the creation of the Rebellion.

Would love to see Grand Moff Tarkin in action.

What about some justice?

A trilogy, hell one GOOD movie that explains the gap between PT and OT that:

- Turns Vader from whiny, spoiled, love struck teenage brat and finishing out order 66

- Height of power of the Empire,

- dissolution of the senate, and

- the creation of the Rebellion.

Would love to see Grand Moff Tarkin in action.

I have often though about this time gap between 3 and 4 but what the hell would you call it, maybe the Dark Ages Saga, make it 3 movies showing the true rise of the empire, and the building o the first Death star. cause we got a good 20-25 years between end of ep3 and EP4 when look is like 25. and with that same time frame they made 1-2-3. from kid anakin to 20 something vader.

Why remake anything? The original story was 20 books. We have only seen 6 of them made into movies. Then you have all the books that have been written since the original movie that take place before and after the 20 book series.

Lol, why remake anything?

Money.

If someone shoveled cow **** onto human **** and called it new star wars people would buy it.

I actually think the prequel trilogy could have been good with pretty much the same story (maybe a few minor tweaks here and there) but with a different director and a different script. I wouldn't mind seeing those ones remade, but not the originals.