The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Strongest 1v1 class?

NrOneHero

Yup, thats why i actually try and fight them in close quarter (go figure right?) and just use my knockbacks (I'm MM so i have knockback on ambush) It's true, if i run into someone better then me I will lose, you have to admit though that the majority of people playing sorc are pretty bad, if you disrupt that lighting cast, most just go down. My point was that anyone could be best with any class if they are smart enough, I.E. this thread is really only opinion based, so without explanation as to why a class is the best, the point they made is invalid, but whatevs, people are entitled to their opinions cause of the Bill of Independence er whatever haha

You are right that player skill is the most important factor. You also have to take into consideration the playing field. Is there LoS? Is there different levels for knockbacks to be more effective, ect..

Overall though if two equally skilled/geared players are fighting each other in a flat open area I think a sent/mara is probably the strongest just because of the burst and cooldowns at their disposal.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are right that player skill is the most important factor. You also have to take into consideration the playing field. Is there LoS? Is there different levels for knockbacks to be more effective, ect..

Overall though if two equally skilled/geared players are fighting each other in a flat open area I think a sent/mara is probably the strongest just because of the burst and cooldowns at their disposal.

for me it would be anyone with stealth honestly, if they are geared to my level, there isn't too much i can do if I don't spot them before that first backstab, but i am a squishy haha

A hybrid will poop all over a pure Infiltration.

i wish we were on the same server so we could duel, i would like to learn from someone who could beat me in a duel even though their imp tele throw or force lighting would be interupted literaly every time. it would be quite impressive.

This. There isn't any class or person I cannot kill 1v1.

Ops are still way overpowered. It's stupid funny how pverpowered they are. (And I couldn't help but laugh at the guy that said all the ranged classes were weak compared to melee... made me wonder if he even played the game.)

I disagree :/ I'm a sniper and i have no problem with them as long as i keep my interrupts up

You mean your one interrupt vs. their 2 direct heals, instant hot, channeled heal, bubble, and aoe heal? Right.

Against a sniper as a healing sorc I either skirt around LoS, or skirt around 30-35 yards. The danger of snipers is the ambush > probe > crit snipe combo in2 gcds, but once you survive that, you're gravy.

Edited by Delekii

Ops are still way overpowered. It's stupid funny how pverpowered they are. (And I couldn't help but laugh at the guy that said all the ranged classes were weak compared to melee... made me wonder if he even played the game.)

1. Ops are supposed to be overpowered in 1v1 because it is their JOB to take out single targets that got seperated from the herd.

2. You probably haven't faced many Ops after Yesterdays patch. Because if you had you would call them underpowered.

Yesterday I read a post from a Marauder player who called Ops/Scoundrels "weak little mosquitos". I think that describes the class very well right now.

Edited by Ich_Bin

Scoundrel/operative .

This thread is about 1 v 1, not about killing a sorc with no cooldowns available in group PVP.

In a straight up 1 v 1, aka duel, the Operative is one of the weakest classes. In group PVP however it works quite well to help turn a fight into your team's favor.

Hybrid Healing/Lethality Operative can be pretty awesome in 1vs1. Complete pain in the *** to kill when playing a kiting game of dots, hots and instant heals with random bursts of melee damage when a stun is up. They can do ~5-7k in dots over 20 seconds, while running out of optimal range/los to severely reduce the damage other classes do. Throw in blaster fire ~900 ranged damage every GCD for free, and you have some rather steady damage before accounting for their actual damage rotation.

They have just the right amount of Stuns/Interrupts to handle cast bar classes, and are incredibly hard to take down once they reach 30% hp if they have their tactical advantage up, with a free 1-2k gcd heal. With proper kiting, they should be able to apply dots during this, especially if they use flash bang late in the fight, to allow them to escape to the 30m that their dots can be applied at. ;D

With all of this, they still have the same solo heal effectiveness of a Healing Operative, well, sans a broken talent and 30% surge on one cast bar heal.

Edited by KyoMamoru

1. Ops are supposed to be overpowered in 1v1 because it is their JOB to take out single targets that got seperated from the herd.

2. You probably haven't faced many Ops after Yesterdays patch. Because if you had you would call them underpowered.

Yesterday I read a post from a Marauder player who called Ops/Scoundrels "weak little mosquitos". I think that describes the class very well right now.

ironically, a pyro specced powertech is probably the best class for it, because not only are they monsters, they can actually separate you from the herd unwillingly :p

Edited by Adzzy

I would say Arsenal Mecs in the hands of a skilled player are the best 1v1 AC.

Are you kidding? Im playing a commando and I must say I have never played a simpler class in any MMORPG. Gunnery is pathetic. Yes, we can put out a lot of damage, but we have close to ZERO utility, save the occasional knockback and stun every other class has. We have no INTERRUPT ffs (gamebreaking just there). We have no decent CDs.

Any other class except random facerollers can beat a merc/commando if they know their skills. Yes, I top dmgcharts in WZ every time, but 1v1 its the weakest (and most boring) class in the game.

1v1 Its a tight race between powertech/vanguard, marauder/sentinel, assassin/shadow and operative/scoundrel...

Edited by Niconogood

This thread is about 1 v 1, not about killing a sorc with no cooldowns available in group PVP.

In a straight up 1 v 1, aka duel, the Operative is one of the weakest classes. In group PVP however it works quite well to help turn a fight into your team's favor.

LOL?

I play oprative, and they are strongest in 1v1, in WZ there is nowone that takes me 1v1.

BUT i rarly see any skilled ppl among those randoms, its rare...

Edited by carbocat

i wish we were on the same server so we could duel, i would like to learn from someone who could beat me in a duel even though their imp tele throw or force lighting would be interupted literaly every time. it would be quite impressive.

If they're focusing on Tele Throw or Force Lightning then they aren't the OP hybrid spec.

• 1 year later...

Engineering sniper/Sab slinger, a perfect blend of damage and protection as well as utilizing all damage types to a degree, so even tanks will be hard pressed to beat them.

If i can chain stun/root a player in my plasma probe, when they're at 30-40% health they will not survive, simply put.

That being said, it's not an indestructible class, but if an eng sniper catches you out in the open, barring vanish and oh**** cooldowns, you're essentially screwed.

Marauder/Sentinel followed by Assassin/Shadow and Powertech/Vanguard, Jugg/guardian can do ok, the ranged classes are the 3 weakest.

1v1 is typically about high burst, and powerful (usually infrequent) cooldowns.

I destroy Marauders and Powertechs on my Operative. When it comes to Assasins, it's all about who gets the jump first. I think the best 1 v 1 classes are either Operatives or Assasins. What other classes and pop an escape ability via stealth, do a cc ability on the other player, and heal to full health right infront of them?