How does Voidstar tie work?

Parathax

We got to the same doors as attacker and defender. When we were attacking, we got to last doors with about 60 seconds left, but we couldn't blow them to access the data core. The opposing team got to the same place with about 30 seconds left, and they also couldn't blow the doors to get to the data core. They won. Why? What's the tie-breaker in Voidstar?

Clearly it's not the quickest to get the same number of objectives.

Edited by Parathax

No one knows. Lots of people will claim to know but they are wrong.

I have been in all 4 situations of ties: defending first and attacking first, winning and losing.

I have seen no patterns whatsoever determining winning and losing. It is not objective points. It is not "matching" doors or disarming bombs.

I think it's a simple coin flip, which is beyond lazy design. That's why I suspect Bioware is afraid to tell us what the condition is.

Well one thing I'm pretty sure on is things like bridges and energy gates. If you got more than the other, say one side just opened one bridge and then the door but the other side opened two bridges then the two bridgers win. I'm not 100% but im pretty sure that's the case

When that is even I heard it's who gets there faster. Though I am not sure of this

Edited by VoidSpectre

Well one thing I'm pretty sure on is things like bridges and energy gates. If you got more than the other, say one side just opened one bridge and then the door but the other side opened two bridges then the two bridgers win. I'm not 100% but im pretty sure that's the case

When that is even I heard it's who gets there faster. Though I am not sure of this

I think that's actually one of the tiebreakers yes, so I always go back and drop all the force fields if it looks like a tie is likely. A lot of time a team will leave the middle one force field up even though it's trivial to drop it after one is down (you'd be pushing for their door so no way the defender will leave the door to stop other force fields from being dropped).

I think that's actually one of the tiebreakers yes, so I always go back and drop all the force fields if it looks like a tie is likely. A lot of time a team will leave the middle one force field up even though it's trivial to drop it after one is down (you'd be pushing for their door so no way the defender will leave the door to stop other force fields from being dropped).

While that may be true, it does nothing to explain how a 0 door tie is broken, or a 1 door and both bridge tie, which are the most frequent.

It has nothing to do with "Who opens it first" either. Seen both outcomes for that.

nah imps win by default there no tie condition :p. ( I would truely like to know if any imp have lost a tie?) I have never won a tie been in many many of them, so I would love to know what it is

That's my theory as well. I've lost 6 ties in voidstar both when i was on the attack/defender team in the second round and the win always goes to the Imp team for no apparent reason.

While that may be true, it does nothing to explain how a 0 door tie is broken, or a 1 door and both bridge tie, which are the most frequent.

It has nothing to do with "Who opens it first" either. Seen both outcomes for that.

Yeah, see my theory about most medals wins such a case. Makes as much sense as any other theory!

Edited by Astarica

Its Time, if one team get a first door in 3 minutes but gets no more doors and second team does the same but got the door in 2 minutes they win.

bridges and energy doors used to count as far as i know they dont anymore

no clue on how first door ties are decided

Its Time, if one team get a first door in 3 minutes but gets no more doors and second team does the same but got the door in 2 minutes they win.

bridges and energy doors used to count as far as i know they dont anymore

no clue on how first door ties are decided

That's definitely not how it works. Lost many voidstars where my team is literally 5 minutes faster on the first door and first bridge and then fail to open the second door when the other team took 5 minutes to even open the first door and bridge and fail to get the second door.

It probably gives the win to the team with the most sorcs :p

Edited by SeanPoe

Whichever team accomplishes blowing up doors faster wins (bridges/shields don't count). If neither side has even gotten past first door, I'm not 100% sure, but the team that attacks in round 1 wins.

except ive been in voidstar ties where my side has gotten through first door faster, with both sides in a tie at second door and loss

probably something somebody said in here is the tiebreaker and it is of course bugged so we are all confused

Whichever team accomplishes blowing up doors faster wins (bridges/shields don't count). If neither side has even gotten past first door, I'm not 100% sure, but the team that attacks in round 1 wins.

nope been on teams where we have easily beaten the time the other team did, yet still lost.

it could be kills counts , or damage done, or metals or anything.. wish bioware would tell us

Edited by Zeebie

I really don't understand why they can't just call a draw a draw. Seriously... not every game needs to have a winner, a tie is perfectly honourable.

As for the current criteria, I have no idea. I've been on wins and loses in most of the circumstances described above so I'm inclined to agree that whatever the criteria is supposed to be it is bugged.

What the criteria should be is whoever has the least players wins a tie. Seriously, if you go 6 v 8 and equal their score you deserve the win.

I really don't understand why they can't just call a draw a draw. Seriously... not every game needs to have a winner, a tie is perfectly honourable.

As for the current criteria, I have no idea. I've been on wins and loses in most of the circumstances described above so I'm inclined to agree that whatever the criteria is supposed to be it is bugged.

What the criteria should be is whoever has the least players wins a tie. Seriously, if you go 6 v 8 and equal their score you deserve the win.

I like to imagine a world where there are no losers! Where both empire and republic always win all their games 100% of the time!

In all seriousness, whatever the tiebreaker is (though I am inclined to believe the coin toss notion) it should instead be "Whoever blows up the last door that was destroyed the fastest wins" so if you are on the 2nd door, whichever team taps the bridge to the 2nd door the quickest is the winner. If both teams stop just beyond blowing up the first door, then whichever team blew up the first door the fastest wins. This is how the game should resolve ties. I know it definitely doesn't not resolve ties this way as it stands right now. It also does nothing with kills, healing, or medals as I've been on 0-0 games where we absolutely destroyed the republic in every category. Even planted the bomb twice which got diffused both times when the republic didn't even really start planting the bomb at any point and we still ended up losing.